“Perfect care”

Ranked #3 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Ferndown, United Kingdom
“Perfect care”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Sorry for the lack of feedback here but at the time of booking through booking.com, the e-mail system for this hotel was down. Unfortunately when we arrived they had no record of our booking due to not receiving the aforementioned e-mail. The receptionist referred us to Phil (whom I am assuming is the manager) who was most apologetic and immediately sourced three rooms we required at Best Western Bradford Guide Post Hotel (20 or so miles away) where Rebecca on reception had accommodation for us, of which, one of the rooms needed was for my disabled father-in-law. When we had settled in our rooms Phil phoned us on our room phone to make sure we had arrived safely. I feel there should be a better rating than excellent for the service we received from these two staff members in particular.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Polish first
Croydon
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Having read some reviews, decided to try it out on our way to Durham.
Rooms beautifully clean, a good size with very good quality fittings. Pillows not great though , but otherwise an excellent bed.

Only real quibble was that the windows could not be opened so had to rely on air conditioning, which never seems quite as good. My asmathic wife suffered a bit, not helped by heavy use of air freshners in corridor.

Restaurant was amazing - great good at a really good price.

We are likely to stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014
penrith
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stay in many 5 star hotels and while the milford is not in this class it offers great value for money exceptionally clean rooms and service to equal many far more expensive hotels. When I stay in Leeds the milford is now always my first port of call. Unbeatable. And the breakfast is fantastic. I can't recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed February 2014
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014

The hotel is not flash but is does provide great accommodation, food and service. I would highly recommend this hotel as everything is very comfortable. The bathrooms are spotlessly clean and the beds are soft and cosy.

Keep up the great service!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I booked a Saturday night stay 8-9 Feb 2014, for my husband and I. We wanted to shop in Leeds on the Saturday and visit York on the Sunday. The hotel is 30 mins from each PERFECT!Though I was taken ill travelling there. So we arrived at 2pm, asked for dressing gowns which were delivered to the room within minutes, I had a bath, went to bed for a nap, got up at 6pm and we left without staying the night because I wanted to return home to see our doctor BUT The hotel was lovely, what I saw of it. The room was one of their standard doubles but it was a really good size, everything was like new. Large Bath, really good shower.A very quiet hotel. The lounge, bar and dinning room looked beautiful. Not like your usual chain hotel. As we left the lady on reception was lovely, she didn't charge use for our breakfast as we weren't staying and hoped I felt better soon......It was FLU and a chest infection NICE! but we will go back to the hotel as it was just great.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the Milford Lodge many times. This time I used it as a venue for a company meeting for 10 people.
This hotel is great as you don't get any complaints from the delegates. As a Best Western hotel you may worry as they can be a bit hit or miss. But this is one of the best.
Rooms have been renovated to a high standard
The beds are unbelievably comfortable
The food is good
The staff are helpful and friendly
Nice location as there is no traffic noise
I can only recommend this hotel

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Exceptional in most respects, so will just single out two matters. I loathe being fussed around, and usually leave the 'do not disturb' sign on a hotel door - which is usually routinely ignored.
This hotel has found a great compromise - they leave a pack outside the door with clean towels, toilet rolls, and refill tea, coffee etc., so if you do NOT want your towels changed every day or to have to tidy away all your belongings, you don't have to. Full marks for that.
One small criticism. Although the rooms are fully air conditioned, with easy controls, I like to open a window. Unfortunately, the windows have sealed units.
Food, comfort, service, staff, all very good - bathrooms exceptional.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple