“70th Birthday Luncheon Party”

Best Western Plus Milford Hotel
Ranked #3 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Leeds, United Kingdom
“70th Birthday Luncheon Party”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

From my first contact with the hotel staff everything has been positive. Planning the reception drinks, the menu and the function room layout has been very easy and just what I had in mind.
On the day everything went very well, the drinks reception was well looked after, the food was excellent and the waitresses did a good job in serving wine and food and I do not think anything could have been improved.
Some of the guests stayed overnight in the hotel and they remarked how good the stay was for them.
i would thoroughly recommend the Milford Hotel and Watermill Restaurant for individual or group bookings.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Polish first
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Very handy to Leeds and excellent value for money. Our room was top class and immaculately clean. Staff were fantastic. This place is a little gem in a very nice part of the world. Definitely using this hotel for future stays in Leeds.

• Stayed March 2014
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I chose this Hotel at short notice, and what a superb choice it was. Exceptional value for money, with a receptionist desk manned 24hr. The Twin room was in excellent order, very clean and roomy. Location wise the Hotel was perfect, I had my young daughter with me and so did not want to stay in a built up area, but I found the logistical location to be perfect, with a local outlet village centre less than 10 minutes away. All staff were professional, friendly and very helpful, going out of their way to ensure my daughter was personally catered for.
I will be staying here again, and I would recommend that you do to.
So I give this Hotel the full 5 out 5, but I would uprate this to 10 if I could.
Thank-you.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Glenn M
UK
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on business after a stress packed week, my first impressions when I arrived we're that I had most likely picked somewhere where the older generation visit, however when I went to the bar at 8pm it was vibrant, full of people and exactly what I hoped. The food was absolutely brilliant as was the service. In my room i did not have enough power sockets for laptop, ipad, phone etc so I called reception and within 2 minutes someone had come up with an extension. I would highly recommend this hotel for someone that's looking for quality, not the scenery.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Oliwhitney
Bedale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stay here on a regular basis. Always have a super time. Staff, food and quality of rooms is excellent. Would recommend to anyone for whatever purpose of their visit. Nothing in the surrounding area of any interest but easy access to lots of interesting places with a bus stop right outside the hotel if you don't wish to drive.

Room Tip: We always request room 40 or 41. End of corridor, top floor and v quiet. Brilliant
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Wendy H
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I picked this hotel on recommendation, as I usually stay at other hotels in the area but they were all full. The hotel is conveniently located to the road network for the surrounding area or for onward travel. The double room was clean, comfortable and quiet and the only item lacking was a trouser press or iron. Staff were professional in manner although there was a lack of warmth and genuineness.
I dinned in the restaurant and the selection was very good, the quantities good and of reasonable quality.From a value for money perspective, I thought the overall cost of the meal and glass of wine were higher than in other local hotels. The room rate did not include breakfast which was an additional £8, so not as competitive as it appeared. The hotel seemed quiet and needs to offer better value for money if it also wishes to be full.
I would recommend the hotel but if you are on a budget you may get better value elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Euan M
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

My partner and i stayed at the hotel this weekend Fri - Sunday and we both thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel is warm and inviting, the staff were welcoming and not too chatty. THe room was extremley clean, well stocked and modern. The bed was extremley comfortable. We enjoyed drinks in the bar which had all the refreshments that we desired. Breakfast was served promptly and was plentiful and piping hot. The evening meal that we ordered was served at just the right pace and we were not rushed. The food was delicious and again lovely and hot. I would highly recommend the chicken breast with vegetables and noodles.
All in all, a lovely weekend. We would definitley visit again. Ideally located for visiting Leeds.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple