“Suprisingly Nice”

Best Western Plus Milford Hotel
Ranked #3 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Me and my wife stayed here for one night after our wedding and i was suprised how nice the place was. From the outside it looks nothing special, its rather decieving. Inside is very nice and the superior room we had was excellent - nicely furnished. We paid a little extra (not by much) for the superior room, compared to the standard room it was well worth it. The English breakfast was also very nice.

Despite our room being on the front, it was very quiet and the curtains were good quality and kept light out. It seemed like 3am when infact it was 8:30!

The staff were a little hit and miss. I checked in earlier than my wife and was greeted with a pleasant and welcoming blonde girl. However, in the morning we had walked passed the reception and didnt get so much as a "hello" or "good morning". I dont expect to be greeted every time we see the staff, but the in all hotels ive stayed in before, the staff say hello when they initially see you.

Saying that, i woudl recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
1  Thank Amanda B
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I have to admit when I arrived on a wet and dark evening I was a little concerned by what I saw as I drove in off the busy dual carriageway and enter the car park of this rather non-inspiring building.

However I am glad I did walk in. The reception team gave me a very friendly welcome and booked me in with great efficiency. The corridors that lead to the bedrooms are a little tired, however the bedroom the great. I booked a Superior room so benefited from a sofa in the room which was brilliant as I could actually watch an even of TV without having to sit on the bed.

I have great praise also for the food served in the restaurant. I travel a lot around the country and stay in a lot of hotels. This means I get to eat a lot of hotel food. To find a simple grilled chicken salad on the menu was just perfect for me. Looking around at the food being served to others showed that if I had been in the mood for something more substantial it was available, but my salad was just great.

Well done to the Milford Hotel.

Room Tip: Spend the extra and go for a Superior room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Nick D
Reviewed 31 March 2014

cant fault our stay at this hotel .. we had a fab stay and the room was very clean and comfortable .. food was just excellent .. all the staff were very helpful and friendly. the only down side was the window in the room didn't open

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank karen c
Reviewed 30 March 2014

we stayed here for our trip to york on 28/29th and the room was very comfortable and modern. all hotel was exeptionally clean and bright and you could not hear any noise from the main road at all. The only thing we faulted was the room got very warm and this disturbed our sleep. Easy and convenient as we travelled to york for the day and to hull for a show in the evening. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank denise a
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We had a wonderful visit at this hotel, staying over after a family occasion at which the food was exceptional. The bedroom was large and extremely comfortable. There was no noise from the old A1 which is yards away. The service was very good indeed. We arrived rather early, and were told our room wouldn't be ready until 13:00, but we were delighted to be told before noon that it was ready for us, giving us a chance to brush up before the other guests turned up.

Following a very good nights sleep we enjoyed a dekicious breakfast, but were surprised there were no other guests in the dining area. We opted for a continental breakfast, but could have chosen a full English or a number of other options. The serving staff were just as attentive as we wanted, but were always on hand when wanted. All this for a very competitive price!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family