“Excellent hotel excellent value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercure Leeds Parkway

Mercure Leeds Parkway
Ranked #44 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel excellent value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Booked this hotel with holiday extras for one night with one week parking for going on holiday. On arrival at the reception the reservation from holiday extras that I would be staying had not been issued and as such no accommodation had been allocated. This was promptly rectified by the smiling receptionist as she took my reference number off my receipt and immediately allocated me a room. The room was a suite room of adequate size with everything you needed in the room and very clean. The car parking facilities were good and plenty of spaces available. The next morning I was asked if I wanted breakfast but due to the timing of my flights I had to decline but suggested I would like a glass of orange. This was made available from the friendly waiter in the breakfast room at no charge which was a very nice gesture. This hotel is an excellent hotel if you are using Leeds / Bradford airport and if you need car parking facilities , the location is good, the staff are welcoming , friendly and at hand all the time, the rooms are a good size and clean and the food quality is good. The only slight negative I had was the restaurant closed at 21.30 where most airport hotels stay open to later , but I was still able to get food as there is a 24 hour room service available although they only serve cold foods sandwiches etc. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Smoggy-boy1964
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Smoggy-boy1964. Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. I am delighted that our staff exceeded your expectations with the level of service provided - I'll be sending the bill for the orange juice in the post! I have passed on your kind comments regarding the cleanliness and service levels to all of our heads of departments which will act as a great motivational tool, so thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. Kind regards, Stewart Woodeson.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Bargain price for overnight stay and holiday car parking. Helpful reception, bar and restaurant staff. Large family room and bathroom. Beautiful location with nice park area extremely close for morning jog. Breakfast was hot and plentiful. Would definitely recommend to others!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Liz_newc1980. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your kind comments about the hotel and our staff. The hotel is ideally situated with direct access from the hotel grounds to Golden Acre Park, which has to be one of the best places in the country for going for a morning run - I'll see you on the running track next time you are here! Kind regards, Stewart Woodeson
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Staying here as I am on a training course. Even so it has nice facilities. Resturant has a nice laid out eating place. And a relaxing bar to meet and greet friends.
I would stay here again. There are lots of local places to visit. Airport on the door step which if you wish to stay before flying away it is a good platform to jet from.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear hugs_are_me_123..... that has to be the strangest user name I have come across so far. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for the great comments. It is great to see that our fully refurbished conference rooms with state of the art data projectors, natural daylight and air conditioning were appreciated - I hope the environment helped you keep your concentration throughout your course! Kind regards, Stewart Woodeson
Lincoln, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

Website says " Airport Shuttle" there isnt. The reality is that they just book a taxi and you are charged.I asked reception who brushed me aside No water pressure in room worst shower I have ever tried to have .Dont book here.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Squbster
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear Squbster. Thank you for your review. I apologise that you had issues with the 3rd party website, Holiday Extras which you used for your booking. Having reviewed the website and the confirmation letter that is sent to every guest upon booking, there is a statement that states "the hotel can arrange a taxi to the airport for you at any time. The journey takes about 8 minutes and will cost around £11 each way". I apologise if you felt that there was any confusion and did contact Holiday Extras on your behalf to make them aware of your comments however they feel that the wording is clear and as such there is little more that we are able to do in this matter. Yours sincerely, Stewart Woodeson
Armadale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on business and was really pleased with it.

The check in staff were nice and attentive. I got to my room which was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable.

I ordered room service which arrived quickly, it was a pizza which came in a takeaway box it wasn't the best meal I've ever had but was OK.

The receptionist booked a taxi for me and checkout was problem free.

I would definitely recommend and return.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear C10mmy. Thank you for such an excellent review - I will be delighted to share your comments with the hotel staff who will no doubt be delighted. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the area. Kind regards, Stewart Woodeson
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed for 2 nights as attending a wedding in the hotel. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room looked a bit dismal when we arrived - the view was mainly the roof of a corridor running at right angles to ours. We felt hemmed in, particularly on a baking hot day, but were told there were no other rooms free. Facilities included everything we needed, including 2 irons & 2 ironing tables! Bathroom was average. We opened the patio door OK, but couldn't lock it again - someone promptly came and sorted it out. Husband enjoyed his late afternoon swim in the pool.
A large group of us had a meal in the evening which again was OK. Our lovely waitress didn't speak much English but made a valiant effort to understand my request for a large glass for water (bringing a tumbler for me to drink my wine).
Bed was surprisingly comfy. Overall, good value for money, an enjoyable stay apart from the view. Wedding was brilliant by the way, and ran like clockwork.

Room Tip: Ask for a view over the garden
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear LandGNorthallerton. Thank you for your review of the hotel and your kind comments regarding the wedding and your overall stay. I apologise for the heat in the hotel during the recent hot weather although I am pleased that all other areas of the hotel met your expectations. I have asked our F&B departments to investigate the tumbler issue and trust we will not see a repeat of this incident. We look forward to welcoming back in the near future. Kind regards, Stewart Woodeson
wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

We have stayed a couple of times and it was good overall. We asked for a quiet room facing the back, and the bed was massive and really comfy! The patio doors let you have as much air as you like too. The staff are really great, friendly and can't do enough to help you, from reception, cleaning to restaurant staff. The last time we went we were the last to have breakfast but the staff didn't do that annoying thing you get in some places where they start clearing up whilst you're still eating. It might need a little updating but for us it has been really convenient. It seems to be the kind of place that is huge and therefore has weddings and lots of people seems to leave their cars there when using the airport.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Pobol. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - it is pleasing to see your return to our hotel and thank you for considering to stay with us once again. I am particularly pleased that our staff's level of service was so good and that you enjoyed that aspect of your stay - I shall make a point of making our staff aware of your comments. Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Stewart Woodeson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leeds
Mercure Wetherby
#29 of 86 in Leeds
Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport
Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel
Premier Inn Leeds / Bradford Airport Hotel

Been to Mercure Leeds Parkway? Share your experiences!