“Wedding stay”

Mercure Leeds Parkway
Ranked #50 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed at the Mercure Parkway on the 26 October for my sons wedding. Booking in at reception was easy and no hassle. The room was pleasant and well decorated. The towel radiator in the bathroom was broken at the bottom bracket. The bed was comfortable as they always seem to be at a Mercure hotel. The decorations in the main areas needs some attention as it's quite poor. Breakfast was ok but was Luke warm as a posed to hot which was a disappointment.

1  Thank stevecaroline1958
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Stevecaroline1958,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am pleased that the wedding went well - certainly the feedback that we have received regarding service, quality of food and overall experience has been excellent throughout which is particularly pleasing.

If you could please email me on 020gm@jupiterhotels.co.uk with your name and/or the room you stayed in I shall ensure maintenance look at the towel radiator - I shall also look into your comment about the hot breakfast

Kind regards,

Stewart Woodeson

Reviewed 2 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights for a wedding along with several other family members. The room was very dated although huge! If the management spent some money on the hotel redecorating the rooms it would improve customer's stays dramatically. The floor boards in our room were the noisiest ever! I pity the poor guests below us! Also we could hear a lot of noise from every room surrounding ours, the walls were paper thin. The communal areas are all lovely and I must say ALL staff were very friendly and helpful. I must say the hotel was spotless as was our room. I used the beautician and hairdresser facilities within the hotel who did a great job. The food in the hotel was nice but for a wedding, it was disappointing that there was no bar in the reception room meaning that it looked empty as people were outside at the main bar. The breakfast was yummy with a good selection in the buffet. You can also get selected items made to order. All in all disappointing room but nice hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Scrumptiousxx

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted that the cleanliness, service and general customer care were so good and thank you for taking the time to recognise this. I am also very pleased regarding your comment about breakfast so thank you.

Regarding investment in the hotel - unfortunately we do not have funds for a large scale refurbishment at present however we are completing in house refurbishments and we hope that this will overcome most issues in the medium term.

Kind regards,

Stewart Woodeson

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed here in early October on an excellent value 2 night weekend B&B package incl dinner on first night. Plenty of parking spaces despite a wedding reception being in progress, and cheery welcome from reception. Room was an unusual shape, with a small stain on the carpet, but comfortable, except for the bed base being on castors and not attached to the headboard so that when you leaned back against the headboard the bed slid away from it leaving a large gap! We had to wedge our shoes under the bottom of the bed to stop this happening!
There appeared to be some confusion over breakfast times : reception told us it was 08.00 at weekends, although the TV information channel said 07.00. As we had to be somewhere at 08.00 we double checked and it was confirmed as 0700, but obviously no-one had told the chef as when we arrived at 07.30 the breakfast staff were apologising for their being a delay with the cooked dishes due to the late arrival of the chef! We didn't have to wait long though. We had the table d'hote dinner both nights and enjoyed them both.
All staff were very friendly and helpful and a credit to the hotel, which is in a wonderful location with a path leading to a beautiful park for early morning jogs and strolls. We will definitely stay here again for our bi-annual trips to Pudsey.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear glentyan, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted that you had such a pleasurable time with us and that you enjoyed dinner on both evenings - the chef will be delighted with this feedback. I have asked our Operations Manager to check and change the breakfast times on our TV system as it should read 8am, so please accept my apologies for any confusion. We do look forward to looking after your needs once again the next time you visit in 2015! Kind regards, Stewart Woodeson

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I found the hotel overall was very disappointing.It cost £55 for two adults to stay here for one night, not including breakfast. The hotel in general is in desperate need of a revamp, in particular the spa area which did not look at all inviting. Not helped by the fact a hotel guest was changing a baby on one of the poolside loungers and the spa whirlpool had broken. This lead to us not returning to the spa even though it was the main reason I booked the hotel! Things weren't much better in our room either. It was very hot and stuffy and when my partner tried to turn down the radiator it simply did not work. The shower was just to say functioning, and the general look of the room was not what you would expect for the price I paid. I could've stayed in a Travelodge in Leeds city centre for much less, however you expect to get better quality for the amount you pay. In conclusion, I would advise people to stay here if they could get it cheap, perhaps during the week. But when it comes the weekend, think carefully before you pay a hefty price! However, the hotel does look very inviting from the outside, parking was not a problem and it provided easy access to Leeds city centre.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Glitterslikegold, thank you for taking the time to review the Mercure Leeds Parkway. I apologise that you did not feel that your stay was value for money at £55 for two guests staying overnight. I also apologise that the whirlpool was not working as we are awaiting new parts at present - we hope this will be back up and running within the next week or so and that you did not like the leisure club (please note that we do not advertise this area as a spa) which is contrary to our usual feedback. Kind regards, Stewart Woodeson

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I just wanted to take the time to give the Mercure Leeds Parkway a review after they hosted our wedding this October. From start to finish the staff at the hotel have been friendly, supportive and professional. We went for a package deal which we tailored to our needs.
The ball room is just gorgeous as a venue choice with a beautiful balcony and bar area and the vintage ballroom itself downstairs. Also the gardens backing onto Golden Acre Park made for some beautiful wedding shots.

The room was laid out and decorated perfectly. The service from the staff on the day was impeccable and all in all there were no hiccups or glitches at all!

Despite some very difficult guests to feed (lots of allergies!) the food on the day was lovely and served efficiently and with a smile. The profiteroles and the buffet food were particularly delicious! Also the buffet style breakfasts each morning were very good.

The DJ came as part of the wedding package with the hotel and company they brought in to do our music was very good, happy to take requests and keep us all dancing all night.

I stayed in two rooms during my stay, one the night before the wedding and then a honeymoon suite. The room on the first night was a very generous size and the beds comfortable (the bridesmaids and I shared a room with two double beds). The décor was a bit tired and the bathroom is in need of a refurb (the shower cubicle was tiny!). But the room was clean and tidy upon arrival.

The honeymoon suite was just lush. Lovely modern feel, four poster bed, complimentary chocolates, card from the staff and rose petals adding a sweet touch to the end of the night.

Particular thanks to Martin, Gemma, Jay the chef who's name I didn't catch and the girls who served during the wedding breakfast and the buffet who were all so cheerful.
At every turn the Mercure were helpful and accommodating and I couldn't have asked for more.
Thank you for my perfect wedding day!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Charlie H, thank you for writing a review following your recent wedding at the Mercure Leeds Parkway this month. I am delighted that our staff and venue fitted your wedding needs so well and will take great delight in telling all of our staff and managers about your experience and resulting feedback. I hope you had a great honeymoon and look forward to seeing you on your first anniversary dinner! Kind regards, Stewart Woodeson

Reviewed 28 October 2013

The staff at this hotel were probably the friendliest that I have encountered in one of the chains.
The hotel itself is a little tired and suffers from that 'ranging' style that older extended properties do.
Reading previous reviews would suggest that I stayed in one of the refurbished rooms, totally adequate, but in keeping with the hotel in general, suffered from a lack of the normal chain touches, no topper on the mattress, biscuits, tissues etc, on a positive note, the hair dryer was excellent.
Food and beverage were poor, the food served en-masse was reminiscent of a school canteen, quite edible, but won't win any prizes. Drinks were expensive.
Overall, the hotel is adequate, but for the same price, a lot better can be obtained

Room Tip: It would seem that a 'refurbished' room needs to be requested
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alpha B

Dear Alpha B, thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at the Mercure Leeds Parkway. I am delighted that you felt that the service you received was friendly and that the bedroom was good, although I am disappointed that you did not feel that the food quality was up to standard so will spend time discussing this with our chef. Regarding the bedrooms, we are expecting a delivery of new beds, duvets, mattresses and pillows very shortly which will no doubt further enhance our customer experience. Once again, thank you for making us ware of your experience. Kind regards, Stewart Woodeson

Reviewed 27 October 2013

After reading some of the reviews on here i was alittle worried about our stay, but i have to say from the time we was checked in by a lovely lady called alex, to the time we checked out we had no problem check in was swift and was told everything i neede to know , our room was nicely decorated and clean , but i did ask when booking for a refurbed room with balconey , which i recommened everyone did.when i needed to ask a question at reception simon and jay i think there james were, was very friendly and helpful , my room was warm and bed comfy and we slept well . Breakfast was a delight and checkout smooth ! The hotel its self is in a lovely location . All in all we had a great anniversary .

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear jopop27, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - I'm delighted you had a great time with us and will make a point of discussing your feedback with each member of staff individually as I am sure they will be very pleased to receive such positive comments. We hope to be able to look after you again soon! Kind regards, Stewart Woodeson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leeds
Mercure Wetherby
Village Hotel Leeds North
Corn Mill Lodge Hotel
Corn Mill Lodge Hotel
#48 of 87 in Leeds

Been to Mercure Leeds Parkway? Share your experiences!