“Good location for the airport”

Mercure Leeds Parkway
Ranked #50 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed here because I am in the process of renovating a house nearby although I usually stay somewhere different, they were fully booked. Anyway, having turned up covered in paint and dust, reception were very friendly and check in was very quick and easy even though they were quite busy. I ordered from room service, which I thought was excellent value for money. The food turned up promptly and was piping hot. I only had a pizza but it was really tasty and perfectly cooked. Given that there was a function on that night I was impressed that my food was as good as it was. I have to say though I didn't stay for breakfast so I can't comment on whether that was as good. The room was fine. Large, Clean and well maintained. Locationwise, this hotel is great for the airport which is only a short drive away.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear khag

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Mercure Leeds Parkway.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us over the weekend, especially your comments regarding the food and service elements of your stay - I just hope we can tease you away from using one of our competitors in the future!

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Kind regards

There are newer reviews for Mercure Leeds Parkway

Reviewed 15 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed for 2 nights, very helpful and friendly staff. Room on ground floor was basic, but clean.But as ive already said you get what you pay for. Like the other review, breakfast was a let down, my partner and i decided we wanted a lay in so went for breakfast at 9.30am, what was left was dried up, and uneatable. The 2nd morning we got up earlier (9am)and it was much better. Better choices if you wanted cereals or fruit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear MerseysideUKHoliday,

Thank you for choosing to return to our hotel once again and for taking the time to complete a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us however apologise for the issue with breakfast. I have already discussed this issue with our head chef and have been assured that this will be kept a close eye on over the next few weeks to ensure our usual high standards are achieved.

Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback and we look forward to being of service to you once again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Pleasant size rooms, clean, comfortable and kept well. Didn't visit the spa facilities so can't comment.
Made the mistake of going down to breakfast late in the service. Everything was grey, overcooked and tasteless. Not a very good selection and all seemed a bit lackluster. Definitely not worth the price tag they put on it.....even if it is part of a deal with a room.

• Stayed: February 2014
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Su83,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience following your recent stay with us.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and will feed back your comments to the team. Regarding your breakfast experience, please accept my apologies - on very heavy weekends when everyone comes to eat at the same time, like most other hotels we do sometimes get overrun and this seems to be the case with your experience. I shall monitor the breakfast offering over the next few weekends to ensure that we are offering the correct standard, with fresh food cooked to the correct standard.

Once again, thank you for providing me with your feedback and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed at the Leeds Parkway hotel over the weekend of the spring bank holiday for two nights, Friday and Saturday. As it was our wedding anniversary I had booked a superior room with a garden view and requested a balcony.

Booking in was fast and we were soon in our room, The room was lovely and clean with a massive double bed, coffee machine, dressing gowns, slippers and a balcony overlooking the garden, There was no information in the room about restaurant times or any other info about the hotel, so had to go to reception for swimming pool times etc

The food in restaurant was wonderful although potions a little small for me, as dinner was included in our rate, we could choose from the set menu or an allowance against the full menu.

The hotel is in a wonderful location. with a wild life park at the rear, well worth a stroll.

Just to sum up, This is a lovely hotel, The room we stayed in was of good standard and the bed was the comfiest I have ever slept in ( in a hotel). The food and service was excellent, and the position was perfect.

We will be back later in the year!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank upopup
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear upopup(!),

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hearty congratulations on your wedding anniversary! Our hotel guest directory is actually on the television but maybe we should advertise this better in the bedroom - certainly we shall review this as if you struggled then others will too. I'm glad you managed to spend time in Golden Acre Park - with 3 lakes and 2 nature reserves, it's a great place to get away from it all....

Kind regards and I look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself was wonderful, the service was good, i loved the fact it had a balcony. The location is quite far and i would prefer it being closer to the city centre, but in saying that i wouldn't mind coming and staying here again. I would say that this hotel was value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear CoolioB

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I shall make the team aware of your kind feedback.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Stewart Woodeson, General Manager

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed here for one night as a experiment to see if it is commutable from the places I will be working over the next few months (Bradford and Keithley). The Bradford Mecure would have been closer (I am trying that one next week) but I chose this one because it had a pool. Sadly the drive from Bradford took me about 50 minutes (heavy traffic) and after a long day I was too tired for a swim so I can’t comment on the pool.
Check in was friendly and efficient and the receptionist changed me to a different room from the one allocated as he said it was nicer, I was also advised I could have a welcome drink at the bar (I’m assuming because of my A-Club gold member status and this probably isn’t offered to everyone, though I wasn’t told if this was the reason).
The hotel was a bit dated but had a pleasant atmosphere. My room was clean and spacious with a balcony overlooking the lovely parkland and woods which must be very pleasant when it is sunny. It’s a shame that the hotel isn’t closer to work for me as it would be nice to have a swim and a walk in the summer evenings. I have seen some reviews about unclean rooms and broken fittings, but my room was fine and was certainly very clean.
I ate in the hotel restaurant and the food was reasonably priced. My meal was okay, not outstanding but reasonable value for money. The staff were very attentive (maybe too much so as I was asked every few minutes by different staff if everything was okay which was amusing but could become galling I suspect). I had breakfast at the hotel and it was fine with plenty of choice. The restaurant was a bit warm and I heard some people ask if the radiators could be switched off.
In terms of cost, I felt that the price I paid offered extremely good value for money (much better value than the Mecure in Rochdale) and it is for this reason along with the pleasant outlook from the room and the friendly staff that I have given it 4 stars. I felt it was an ideal hotel for business travel, though it’s probably not one I would book for a leisure break as I have different criteria for that type of stay (and would probably given it a lower rating for leisure travel).

Room Tip: My room was overlooking the park and woods which provided a nice view and was quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Yorkshirewildgoose (!)

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and it is a shame that the hotel is too far away for your business needs. I am grateful for your feedback which I shall pass onto the team and maybe we could see you again to test us out for your leisure weekend - we do offer massage treatments etc so it's a good way of whiling your time away....

Stewart Woodeson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leeds
Weetwood Hall Hotel
Village Hotel Leeds North
Ibis Leeds Centre
Ibis Leeds Centre
#29 of 87 in Leeds

Been to Mercure Leeds Parkway? Share your experiences!