“Extremely friendly place”

Ranked #46 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Leeds, UK
“Extremely friendly place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Staff were pleasant, helpful and very friendly. Rooms are dull, drab and in urgent need of renovation to bring them up-to-date. Beds were comfortable. Had to change rooms as was given room directly opposite the lift which was obviously noisy. Phoned to speak to reception and they were absolutely brilliant and moved us to another floor without hesitation. Couldn't ask for a more pleasant staff. Breakfast on the Sunday was very good and served up until 12 noon.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank GenevieveLeedsUK
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear GenevieveLeedsUK,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are constantly trying to improve our product at the hotel and I thank you for your feedback regarding the decor of your bedroom. We do have a decorator on site and whilst the standard of decoration seems to have been up to standard, I apologise that the colour scheme was not to your liking. Thank you for recognising our staff in dealing with your query quickly and efficiently - I just wish that all of our guests gave us the opportunity to overcome issues before writing reviews! I am pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast and thank you for commenting on our staff service which I shall feed back to the team later today.

I hope that we can be of assistance to you again in the near future once again when I would suggest upgrading to a privilege room that offers a newly decorated, more 'funky' colour scheme!

Stewart Woodeson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Durham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Overnight stay after arriving back from early morning flight room was small smelt smokey so did bedding uncomfortable bed shower not very good at all room urgently in need of updating very tired & dated night staff pleasant day staff not so didn't seem really bothered never even asked if had comfy night or if everything was ok certainly won't go again would rather drive straight home after flight

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Lynn B

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I apologise that you did not enjoy your stay with us and would welcome details of your stay so that I can review the standard of your bedroom please. My contact details are either 020gm@jupiterhotels.co.uk or 0113 269 9000. In the meantime I apologise that you did not enjoy your stay with us and hope that you would provide us with another chance at some stage in the future when your stay would be renmembered for all the right reasons.

Yours sincerely,

West Midlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

The bed in our room was comfy but the room was rather "tired" with a huge patch of wallpaper missing by the bed and the grouting in the bathroom had seen better days.
All staff encountered during our stay were lovely and helpful but it was a shame that the experience in the restaurant let the hotel down. Although it was not very late, our first choices of both starters and main courses were "sold out". My husband and I both chose the same main course in the end and we both agreed that the meat had the strangest taste - tasted tainted and "off". In fact just one bite made us feel quite nauseous and we had to send both plates away. (We are NOT in the habit of complaining may i add , and the fact that we both did this is an indication of just how odd this tasted!!!!) We opted for a cheese sandwich on room service in the end and it was edible but not great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Haggar
Dear Haggar

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and the recognition of our staff.

We are constantly working on improving the services within the hotel and as such have fed your comments back to the supplier who provided your main course and have been assured that there will not be a repeat of the same quality of food being delivered to us. I am aware that we did both replace the food item immediately and refund the cost of the meal upon departure.

Thank you once again for your comments which I hope we have addressed as you would wish.

Kind regards

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We were given two rooms that would put a dogs kennels to shame and after complaining were told they were for refurb and shouldnt have been let!! Beds made tea making in rooms i dont think they were. We were then put in (proper rooms)!!!! The dining area leaves something to be desired more breKfast on floor and chairs than on buffet dithering waitress just walked round with a cloth wiping tables. Paint work cracked and falling off. Windows cills dirty all paint chipped.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Christine M

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are constantly working on improving the hotel and I apologise that we were not able to live up to your expectations. We are expecting a complete recedoration of the restaurant and lounge areas over the next couple of months, but in the meantime the window sill issue has been addressed this week, so thank you for your constructive comments. If you would be kind enough to contact me with the details of your stay I shall have your bedroom checked for any and all maintenance needs to to resolve them as soon as possible. My contact details are 020gm@jupiterhotels.co.uk or 0113 269 9000.

Kind regards

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night...we had secured numerous rooms through our company and a good rate was secured.Bed and Breakfast was certainly not a disappointment.Diane on reception was excellent..nothing a trouble(it goes a long way).Our bedroom was fine..clean,and fresh smelling.All in all..one pleasant one night stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Graham W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay with us. I am pleased that your group enjoyed their stay with us and that our staff made your stay enjoyable whilst away from home. I hope that we can be of service to you again in the future.

Redcar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Very helpful, friendly receptionist. Excellent value. We enjoyed breakfast and the 3 course evening meal and found the waiting staff to be very attentive. Have stayed there several times, will go again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels

Dear David_Dorothy

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay with us and I am delighted that you once again enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased that you enjoyed both breakfast and especially your evening dinner so I shall pass on your comments to our staff and particularly to our kitchen brigade. Once again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I look forward to welcomiong you again soon.

Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed in this hotel and I have never slept in a more uncomfortable bed, probably would of been better to sleep on the floor! Rooms were very dated and very hot so no option but to sleep with the window open with a busy road outside so that added to the awful nights sleep. The staff were very friendly especially the old bar man Barry! However the housekeeping staff were so noisy! They would clean rooms next to mine and put the music channels on really loud and shout at each other. I would not choose to stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Coxy07
Dear Coxy07

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I apologise that you were unable to sleep during your recent stay with us. As all of the beds in the hotel have been replaced within the last five months, I am not sure what else I can say other than to apologise that the bed did not suit your needs. We have ordered and are awaiting acoustic secondary glazing to be fitted to the studio bedroom wing which will no doubt resolve any noise issues in the future and I shall speak to the Housekeeping Manager regarding the comments regarding housekeeping staff.

Yours sincerely

Stewart Woodeson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leeds
Mercure Wetherby
#29 of 86 in Leeds
Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport
Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel
Best Western Plus Milford Hotel

Been to Mercure Leeds Parkway? Share your experiences!