“Great family hotel,1 night stay, 7 days car parking just £56 wow”

Mercure Leeds Parkway
Ranked #49 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Durham, United Kingdom
“Great family hotel,1 night stay, 7 days car parking just £56 wow”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a lovely family hotel, we stayed for one night as we arranged to travel abroad from Leeds/ Bradford airport instead of Newcastle saving us £350 . So £56 for the night inc 7 days car parking was a real bargain. The price did not include any breakfast/ dinner but we enjoyed a family breakfast for about £20 and it was first class. The hotel is near Leeds centre and only £10 taxi fare to airport which they arranged for us. Staff are nice, hotel very clean, and the rooms comfortable. Worth a stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank martin m
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Martin M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us and I shall ensure that you comments are fed back to our team, who will no doubt be delighted. I hope that with our lesiure club, proximity to Golden Acre Park and easy access to the airport, we will be able to look after you again in the near future.

Stewart Woodeson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
London
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The staff at this hotel are really excellent - extremely welcoming and friendly. It's such a shame that the hotel itself is so run down. Peeling paint, broken panes of glass in windows, shower doors that fall off or get jammed so you can't get out! The whole place needs some urgent attention. Prices are average but given the state of the rooms I did feel slightly hard done by. I wouldn't recommend to a friend and I wouldn't rush back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear louchoc

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and the recognition of our staff. We are constantly working on improving the hotel and I apologise that we were not able to live up to your expectations. If you would be kind enough to contact me with the details of your stay I shall have your bedroom checked for any and all maintenance needs to to resolve them as soon as possible. My contact details are 020gm@jupiterhotels.co.uk or 0113 269 9000.

Leeds, UK
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Staff were pleasant, helpful and very friendly. Rooms are dull, drab and in urgent need of renovation to bring them up-to-date. Beds were comfortable. Had to change rooms as was given room directly opposite the lift which was obviously noisy. Phoned to speak to reception and they were absolutely brilliant and moved us to another floor without hesitation. Couldn't ask for a more pleasant staff. Breakfast on the Sunday was very good and served up until 12 noon.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank GenevieveLeedsUK
Dear GenevieveLeedsUK,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are constantly trying to improve our product at the hotel and I thank you for your feedback regarding the decor of your bedroom. We do have a decorator on site and whilst the standard of decoration seems to have been up to standard, I apologise that the colour scheme was not to your liking. Thank you for recognising our staff in dealing with your query quickly and efficiently - I just wish that all of our guests gave us the opportunity to overcome issues before writing reviews! I am pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast and thank you for commenting on our staff service which I shall feed back to the team later today.

I hope that we can be of assistance to you again in the near future once again when I would suggest upgrading to a privilege room that offers a newly decorated, more 'funky' colour scheme!

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Overnight stay after arriving back from early morning flight room was small smelt smokey so did bedding uncomfortable bed shower not very good at all room urgently in need of updating very tired & dated night staff pleasant day staff not so didn't seem really bothered never even asked if had comfy night or if everything was ok certainly won't go again would rather drive straight home after flight

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Lynn B

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I apologise that you did not enjoy your stay with us and would welcome details of your stay so that I can review the standard of your bedroom please. My contact details are either 020gm@jupiterhotels.co.uk or 0113 269 9000. In the meantime I apologise that you did not enjoy your stay with us and hope that you would provide us with another chance at some stage in the future when your stay would be renmembered for all the right reasons.

Yours sincerely,

Stewart Woodeson

Travellers are raving about these Leeds hotels

West Midlands
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The bed in our room was comfy but the room was rather "tired" with a huge patch of wallpaper missing by the bed and the grouting in the bathroom had seen better days.
All staff encountered during our stay were lovely and helpful but it was a shame that the experience in the restaurant let the hotel down. Although it was not very late, our first choices of both starters and main courses were "sold out". My husband and I both chose the same main course in the end and we both agreed that the meat had the strangest taste - tasted tainted and "off". In fact just one bite made us feel quite nauseous and we had to send both plates away. (We are NOT in the habit of complaining may i add , and the fact that we both did this is an indication of just how odd this tasted!!!!) We opted for a cheese sandwich on room service in the end and it was edible but not great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Haggar
Dear Haggar

We are constantly working on improving the services within the hotel and as such have fed your comments back to the supplier who provided your main course and have been assured that there will not be a repeat of the same quality of food being delivered to us. I am aware that we did both replace the food item immediately and refund the cost of the meal upon departure.

Thank you once again for your comments which I hope we have addressed as you would wish.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We were given two rooms that would put a dogs kennels to shame and after complaining were told they were for refurb and shouldnt have been let!! Beds made tea making in rooms i dont think they were. We were then put in (proper rooms)!!!! The dining area leaves something to be desired more breKfast on floor and chairs than on buffet dithering waitress just walked round with a cloth wiping tables. Paint work cracked and falling off. Windows cills dirty all paint chipped.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Christine M

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are constantly working on improving the hotel and I apologise that we were not able to live up to your expectations. We are expecting a complete recedoration of the restaurant and lounge areas over the next couple of months, but in the meantime the window sill issue has been addressed this week, so thank you for your constructive comments. If you would be kind enough to contact me with the details of your stay I shall have your bedroom checked for any and all maintenance needs to to resolve them as soon as possible. My contact details are 020gm@jupiterhotels.co.uk or 0113 269 9000.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night...we had secured numerous rooms through our company and a good rate was secured.Bed and Breakfast was certainly not a disappointment.Diane on reception was excellent..nothing a trouble(it goes a long way).Our bedroom was fine..clean,and fresh smelling.All in all..one pleasant one night stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Graham W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay with us. I am pleased that your group enjoyed their stay with us and that our staff made your stay enjoyable whilst away from home. I hope that we can be of service to you again in the future.

Stewart Woodeson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leeds
Mercure Wetherby
#32 of 87 in Leeds
Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport
Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel
Village Hotel Leeds North

Been to Mercure Leeds Parkway? Share your experiences!