“A hotel good at what its aimed for”

Mercure Leeds Parkway
Ranked #49 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
london
“A hotel good at what its aimed for”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The hotel is efficient at what it does, its clean and tidy with helpful staff, comfortable clean rooms and a leisure facility.

The food is aimed at business and those on a fixed price but delivers for the most part a good and reasonable selection of a sufficient quality so that if you are here for a few meals you still have options. With that in mind if you were staying here longer than 3-4 days you would start at looking around the local area to dine.

Overall this is a nice 3* hotel which If you were booked here for business I would probably thank your administrative staff.

Room Tip: Aim for sides or rear as the road gets busy early and stays noisy late, and in this summer weather w...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear c p

Thank you for aking the time to review our hotel. I'm very pleased with your review thank you and will ensure that your comments are passed onto our staff later this week, although all of our heads of departments look at the website daily, so I'm sure they have already seen it!

We look forward to looking after you again in the not too distant future

Stewart Woodeson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just ten minutes from Headingly cricket and the rugby stadium it offers comfortable accommodation, helpful staff and good food. I stayed for six nights on business and used the swimming pool and gym regularly. It is a substantial building with many rooms perhaps looking a little tired but you cant fault the position, value, food and service from the staff. Well done. Worth a visit .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear RogerCaymanIslands

Thank you for taking to write a review on our hotel following your recent visit to the Mercure Leeds Parkway. It is particularly pleasing to hear such positive feedback from a guest who has stayed with us for a period of time as it provides a fuller, more accurate picture of the service and facilities we provide and I am pleased that our team equipped themselves well throughout your stay with us. I shall pass on your comments to the team and once again, thank you for making me aware of your experience.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I needed to be close to Leeds-Bradford Airport and this hotel was spot-on. Good price for a decent room (a bit tired but clean) and breakfast with the bonus of a health club bolted on and free for residents. Ample parking and friendly staff - I will use this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear PaulFC,

Thank you for taking the time to make me aware of your feedback following your recent stay at the Mercure Leeds. I shall make sure that the staff and management are all made aware of your comments which I am sure they will be delighted with. We of course look foward to welcoming you back again soon.

Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This functional hotel caters for parties of golfers and other like minded groups. Struggles to be a three star but it's bar prices are 5 star. Food average as we're the rooms but the service was pretty good considering the volume of people going through.

Room Tip: Don't take the wife on a romantic weekend here.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Phil M

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience at the Mercure Leeds. Your comments have been taken on board and I thank you for making me aware of your experience which I shall pass onto our management team.

Armadale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Oh dear, what has happened to this hotel in the last twelve months??

I visited Mercure Leeds Parkway last year and had a great stay in a balcony room with modern decor, bottled water in my room and a great comfy chair with foot rest for reading (which I really enjoyed using while reading with the balcony door open in this fantastic countryside setting).

In the last twelve months however, this hotel has gone way downhill.

The first room I was given was an interior room and clearly has not been refurbished in quite some time. Possibly since the 1980's going by the decor and bathroom suite! The entire hotel is looking tired and in serious need of some investment. I found myself having to request a room move as I really wasn't happy with the room I had been allocated. In fairness this was done with no fuss and I am now in one of the 'refurbished' rooms. These rooms too however are starting to look tired and are not of the same standard as last year.

Gone is the bottle water and biscuits in the room, gone is the comfy chair and foot rest.

The wifi is free however and the bed is comfortable at least.

The pool also has gone downhill and the hotel appears to be trying to save money by not turning on the lights in the pool area and you have to ask a member of staff to turn on the whirlpool.

The door leading from the mens changing area is out of order and appears to have been this way for quite some time, which means you have to walk back through the leisure reception area to access to the pool.

The bar area is still of the standard I remember and the staff are all very good. I love the location of the hotel and is particularly good for the event I am here to attend for work.

Please please please mercure, give this hotel a little TLC and refurbish your awful interior bedrooms. This is the same issue as my stay in the Reading hotel and shouldn't be hard to resolve. Less cutting back, and more maintenance.

This hotel is currently not a 4 star standard in my book. But could so easily be again.

Room Tip: Request a balcony room or a 'refurbished room' as the alternative rooms will be disappointin...
1 Thank Colin M
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Colin M

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Having checked the records of your last stay, it appears that last year during your stay with us you paid for an upgrade to a privilege bedroom where the water and several extras such as beth robes etc are included within the additional price - in the standard rooms the additional luxuries are not included. As a hotel that is advertised and has always been a three star hotel, I apologise that you felt that we were not up to scratch this year however the pool areas were closed due to being refurbished and should be finished later this week. I am grateful for the recognition that we offer high speed wifi free to all conference and residential guests (which makes us one of the first companies in the UK to offer such a service) and also that we have replaced almost all of our beds within the last 5 months - the last order will be getting delivered within the next 5 weeks showing substantial investment into our hotel. We are in the process of refurbishing bedrooms but unfortunately not all bedrooms can be refurbished at the same time however I am pleased to be able to make you aware that the restaurant and lounge are shortly to be refurbished which will show a great new look to the public areas too. I hope on your next stay that we live up to your expectations, so please remember if you would like to have all the goodies, they are available on the privilege upgrade.

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a lovely family hotel, we stayed for one night as we arranged to travel abroad from Leeds/ Bradford airport instead of Newcastle saving us £350 . So £56 for the night inc 7 days car parking was a real bargain. The price did not include any breakfast/ dinner but we enjoyed a family breakfast for about £20 and it was first class. The hotel is near Leeds centre and only £10 taxi fare to airport which they arranged for us. Staff are nice, hotel very clean, and the rooms comfortable. Worth a stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank martin m
Dear Martin M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us and I shall ensure that you comments are fed back to our team, who will no doubt be delighted. I hope that with our lesiure club, proximity to Golden Acre Park and easy access to the airport, we will be able to look after you again in the near future.

London
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The staff at this hotel are really excellent - extremely welcoming and friendly. It's such a shame that the hotel itself is so run down. Peeling paint, broken panes of glass in windows, shower doors that fall off or get jammed so you can't get out! The whole place needs some urgent attention. Prices are average but given the state of the rooms I did feel slightly hard done by. I wouldn't recommend to a friend and I wouldn't rush back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear louchoc

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and the recognition of our staff. We are constantly working on improving the hotel and I apologise that we were not able to live up to your expectations. If you would be kind enough to contact me with the details of your stay I shall have your bedroom checked for any and all maintenance needs to to resolve them as soon as possible. My contact details are 020gm@jupiterhotels.co.uk or 0113 269 9000.

Stewart Woodeson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leeds
Mercure Wetherby
#32 of 87 in Leeds
Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport
Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel
Village Hotel Leeds North

Been to Mercure Leeds Parkway? Share your experiences!