“Our 2nd Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #44 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Our 2nd Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

The first time we stayed here it was a Ramada hotel, nothing appears to have changed, it's in a good location on the outskirts of Leeds with a bus stop in front so handy to reach the city centre. The room was ok with a nice view of the garden & a small balcony, made rather dirty with the bird droppings & feathers from the house martins nesting above! We requested an extra chair for our room which appeared within minutes, the next day I reported a bathroom light not working & when we returned later it had been replaced. The beds were comfortable, on the soft side & with thick duvets, why do British hotels tend to leave the same weight duvets on all year, roasting in summer! All the staff were friendly & helpful, breakfast adequate with a good selection of "specials" available to order. There is a huge car park & the hotel backs onto Golden Acre park which can be accessed via a path at the rear, a lovely park to wander round. Our visit this time was to attend a relative's funeral at Lawnswood cemetery a short way along the main road from the hotel. We ate our evening meals at the nearby Lawnswood Arms, a Fayre & Square, much cheaper & greater choice than the hotel but a completely different type of meal! We would use the Parkway again as a base for Leeds.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Susan K

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel following your recent visit to the Mercure Leeds Parkway.

I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us. Unfortunately, one of the down sides of running a 'managed nature scheme' in our grounds as we do, is that occasionally we do experience bird droppings in some of the areas of the hotel. These are cleared up regularly but unfortunately not enough if you were able to identify this so easily. Next time you visit, I would encourage you to spend time in our nature gardens and experience rare orchids amongst the wildflower meadow, hedgehog houses, bird boxes and bat boxes - it's all very interesting.

In the meantime, many thanks for taking the time to make me aware of your comments and I look forward to welcoming back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards

Stewart Woodeson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Rugby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

Stay in Mercures often, but this group seem to penny pinch a little, others and Novotel not so much in my experience. Location next to Golden Acre Park, friendly staff and a good breakfast make it just worth the effort.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room overlooking road, its busy and noisy
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Floormeister,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Mercure Leeds.

I apologise that you were not fully satisfied and if you would be kind enough to email me with more detail on 020gm@jupiterhotels.co.uk I would be very happy to investigate your comments further. I am however pleased that you enjoyed your experience regarding our general levels of service and breakfast, so thank you for your recognition.

I look forward to hearing from you soon and once again thank you for taking the time to gve me your feedback.

Kind regards,

Birmingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

Fourth Mercure we have stayed at- special offer and I love my offers - and as per usual staff very friendly, food good, excellent location for sights....and of course the pool!! As with Hull we went to the pool first morning and it was cold...too cold to enjoy it to be honest...as were the showers my good lady informed me. We complained and to be fair next day pool was warm and enjoyable and their explanation was a solid one not the usual rubbish they tell you!! They also knocked a bit off the bill which whilst not necessary at least they showed willing...
My one comment to Leeds though as a "thought" we were on the ground floor with an excellent view of the woods etc but also lead out to the small internal grounds of the hotel where people would sit and talk as if in pub gardens...fair enough no issue...but I would suggest if they were to put table and chairs outside the patio doors of guests rooms (floors above have balconies) ...guests would be encouraged to drink and eat outside their actual room which would be nice and if bought from the hotel increase revenue??

Room Tip: See above with regard to table and chairs...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels

Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear SteveDurham 2

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback - I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I like the idea about the patios - I think we might adopt this idea in March 2015... many thanks for your idea.

Many thanks and kind regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stay for the evening with for the Leeds Festival and literally picked this hotel out of the hat on amazon deals.I couldn't have been more delighted on arrival, the staff on reception could not do enough for us recommending places to eat and helpful tips on getting to and from the festival site..... The rooms were comfy and clean, the cooked breakfast was delicious and served in a very lovely Resturant with very pleasant staff .....most of the party enjoy a couple of hours in the pool and spa before we left .... All in all a place to definitely recommend

• Stayed August 2014
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Deedeedanii,

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience during last weekend's stay at the Mercure Leeds. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, obviously especially from the service side of things. I am pleased that you enjoyed the cleanliness, food standards and the pool / spa too!

Let's hope we can look after you again next year!

Kind regards,

Hereford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Nice hotel with more character than I expected. Very friendly welcome and receptionist spent time making sure we had a good room which overlooked Golden Acre park at the back. It was possible to walk into the park from the hotel which was a bonus. Also enjoyed the gym and pool - although a hot jacuzzi would have been better than the whirlpool! Overall a good stay though and I'd stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear sue s,

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience during your recent stay at the Mercure Leeds Parkway. I am delighted that our staff ensured that you managed to have a room which suited your requirements. Golden Acre Park is a beautiful park at this time of year and I am glad that you had time to make the most of your stay. Regarding your comment about the whirlpool, yes, it's a strange one - you would expect this to be a heated jacuzzi, but unfortunately it is not possible to change the system so that the upper area would be heated and thus only provides bubbles and jets - nice for a massage though!

Once again, thank you for providing us with your feedback and I hope that we can be of assistance again in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Wedding attended hear & overnight stay, staff excellent, very helpful, the room was just fine, waiting for the lift noticed carpets needed a real good clean, spring cleaning would be good, its in an ideal situation for walking & not far from Leeds centre. Would recommend.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Julie 204

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience during your stay with us over the weekend. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and will ask our housekeeping staff to check the carpet areas around the lift today. The feedback from the wedding overall and the guests who stayed with us has been fantastic once again, so thank you for making the wider community aware of your feedback.

Kindest regards,

Stewart Woodeson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leeds
Mercure Wetherby
#29 of 86 in Leeds
Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport
Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel
Premier Inn Leeds / Bradford Airport Hotel

Been to Mercure Leeds Parkway? Share your experiences!