“Great hotel in ideal location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Queens - Leeds

The Queens - Leeds
Ranked #10 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great hotel in ideal location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2011

I found everything from the friendly reception service to the rooms and hotel location ideal. I'd certaintly recommend this hotel to family, friends and work colleagues

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
North Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2011

What a fantastic hotel - love the Art Deco style - kept expecting to see Poirot come through the door.

Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 15 March 2011
Dear Yorkshire-lass040

Many a famous face here at The Queens but never a Poirot as far as I remember! Glad you had a wonderful stay and hope very much to see you back with us soon.

Warm regards

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2011

Booked a standard twin room for a friends birthday, and was very impressed.

All the staff were really friendly and helpful, nice clean rooms, really cozy beds, we could not wait to get in to them after our night out :) Boiling hot shower, We ordered some snacks from room service and was very impressed by the presentation and lovely waiter.

I am now looking into booking a spa break with qhotels, hopefully it will be as good as an experience and Leeds was.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Dear joe_and_dani

Delighted that we were able to make your friend’s birthday a little extra special, there really is nothing like coming back to a cozy bedroom after a good night out.

I do hope too that you enjoy your spa treatment at one of our sister hotels and very much look forward to welcoming you back soon. You really should try QClub; it will give you some fantastic views of the city centre, luxurious bedrooms and exclusive use of the executive lounge.

See you soon

With warm regards

Hampshire, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2011

Queens is right in the centre of Leeds, next to the railway station. Alas this meant fighting through the one way system right into the middle of the city, but when we arrived it is a perfect location from which to explore.
We stayed two nights in a 'standard' room, which was a very good size with an enormous bed. I was a little concerned it would be noisy but although we were only 2 floors up that seemed to be enough to protect us from any noise on the street - and to give us an amazing view of the square below. We were right by the lift, which you can hear from within the room, but this didn't disturb us during the night. (A shame about the other guests banging their hotel room doors rather earlier than we were planning on getting up, but the hotel can hardly put a stop to this.)
The hotel has been carefully maintained and retains a glamorous feel, and all of the staff we encountered were friendly and courteous, especially the concierges who parked, and then retrieved, our car for us.
Breakfast was a buffet affair so plentiful and tasty - the food still seemed freshly prepared.
If I had to offer a negative comment it would be a request for the hotel staff to clear the people standing on the front steps smoking (they looked as if they were at an evening function) as for non smokers it was not pleasant to fight our way through them when we got back to the hotel in the evening.
We booked through Lastminute and thought we got very good value for money, and we would definitely go back.

1 Thank Flowerbob
bristol
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2011

I booked on 20th January 2011 for myself and 6 colleagues (conference crew) to stay for two nights in March for business as part of a conference held in the Ballroom and other rooms. All fine with check in and on the first night no problem. During our second day the manager approached me and asked if i would be able to help her out and move our team of 6 crew over to the Park Plaza as they were overbooked. he sales team had overbooked their 220 rooms and had not had any drop outs from their allocation which was affecting the guests arriving for our conference. I know this is standard practice, and not just by hotels, but it doesn't make it right and it doesn't justify them asking my team to sacrifice a room in the hotel where we were working which was an inconvenience and bang out of order. I resent them asking us to move out and as a result I will not recommend them to any of my clients nor to anyone reading this review.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 16 March 2011
Dear bgctf78yopo
Thank you for taking the time to post a response following your recent stay, although I am concerned and disappointed with your comments. Firstly please accept my apologies that we were in the unfortunate situation that meant we needed to ask you to move to an alternative hotel just 30 metres across the road.

As you mention on the day in question we had a very large conference in the hotel that you and your colleagues were working on as audio visual support, and because of the size of the event we could not accomodate everyone so as a supplier to this event we thought you would be happy to assist. Clearly this was not the case and I apologise for the inconvenience. We did of course speak to the conference organiser to brief him on the situation and made significant financial recompense to yourselves.

Thank you once again for your feedback, and if you'd like to discuss this further please do let me know.

Kind regards
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2011

This is the 3rd time that I have stayed at this hotel, first time for business now I return for pleasure. On this occasion, we stayed for 2 nights. I cannot fault the politeness and cheerfulness of the staff - all were very helpful. I have mobility problems and use a motorised scooter, it was very easy to get around the hotel with no problems with door widths etc. The only problem was the ramp leaving the hotel which is extremely steep. I love Art Deco architecture and, whilst talking to a concierge, I mentioned this and he went out of his way to take me to the ballroom to show me this lovely room. There are several steps to the ballroom but there were ramps in place to enable me access.

We were booked into an accessible room. It was very large with plenty of room to manoeuvre and had a wet room that was easy to use. I have a feather allergy and asked for no feather bedding. No only were the pillows and duvets replaced with man-made fibres but they also changed the cushions that were on the bed.

On the 2nd night, we ate in the hotel restaurant. The food was of average price for a hotel and was really good quality. The breakfast, also, was very good, plenty of choice and all food of a very good quality.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 10 March 2011
Dear JesterJane

I am thrilled that you had yet another enjoyable stay at The Queens, it’s great to read that you have consistently found the quality and service at the hotel second to none. I will certainly pass on your kind thoughts to the team and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel for the 4th time in the not too distant future.

Once again, thank you as comments such as yours add to the value of service that we strive to provide.

Kind regards

Derbyshire England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2011

This was our second stay at The Queens. The customer service was outstanding from the time of checking in to our departure 2 nights later. Concierge were very very helpful with the car parking. We were meeting friends and they really struggled to get to the hotel, Concierge went with my partner and located our lost and fed up friend and bought them back to the hotel (even when they departed he took them down to the garage and directed them the quickest way out) The rooms in the hotel are comfortable and clean. the food and service in the restaurant was fabulous, nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Look out for there special breaks they are well worth the money from this standard of hotel. Excellent stay