“Would return”
Review of The Queens - Leeds

The Queens - Leeds
Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We have just returned from a short break at the Queens. The valet parking makes the whole check in procedure much easier and efficent. The staff at the hotel are vey polite and helpful and breakfast was of high quality the rooms are a decent size and cleaned to a high standard. Would stay again on my next visit to Leeds.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2011

Dear Darlobob

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us recently, I will certainly pass on your kind thoughts to the team who I am sure you will agree, are the true heart of our magnificent hotel and they will be pleased to know that they have succeeded in their efforts to make sure our guests have a truly relaxing stay.

Please do come back and visit us again soon, you will be a more than welcome guest.

There are newer reviews for The Queens - Leeds

Reviewed 6 August 2011

The location of the hotel is fantastic, the choice of restaurants and shops on the doorstep is great, and we had a lovely walk along the canal and river behind the Queens. The consierge parking service was wonderful, and we left our car and bags with them on the day we checked out, and had an extra day in the city. The bedroom was large and clean. We booked room only and did not eat in the hotel, so can't comment on the food. Overall we had a brilliant stay, and will be returning.

Room Tip: As for a room overlooking the city square.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jo_H657

Dear Jo_H657

Thank you for your lovely review of The Queens. I am thrilled you had a super stay with us and that you would recommend our hotel to others. As you say, you couldn’t ask for a more perfect location to explore the wonders of Leeds.

We look forward to making you welcome again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 August 2011

Fab... Fab... Fab...

We have stayed in Q Hotels before and have always had a pleasant stay, but nothing quite like this one! We found an offer for this hotel after browsing Late Rooms. We had a one night stay, Breakfast and evening meal for around £90.00. It was worth every penny and more!

We arrived in Leeds earlier than we thought and were a couple of hours before check in. I phoned the Hotel reception to see whether they had a room avaliable for us and they told us to come straight in. The hotel concierge greeted us at reception where we handed over the car for them to park in the secure car parking facilities.

The reception is luxurious looking filled with plenty of staff who are constantly aiming to please. On check in, we were automaticaly upgraded to a Junior Suite free of charge.

Our room consisted of a bedroom, a living room and a bathroom. We had a flat screen tv in both rooms, a range of magazines, bath robes and a range of lovely toiletries. I would highly recommend if you are staying at the hotel more than one night then pay to upgrade, it really is worth the money!

For our evening meal we could choose from the restaurant menu (Queens Grill) a three course meal for two upto the value of £50.00, which was easily do-able as the food was so reasonably priced. Obviously you could go over the budget but you would just have to cover the costs yourself. The Crème brulee was to die for!!

The hotel is located in the heart of Leeds City Centre. It really is the perfect base!

After a fantastic night sleep, in the extremley comfortable bed, we went down to breakfast which is served in the Queens Grill.
Consists of everything you would usually find at a buffet breakfast, it was all hot and well cooked.

After a pain free check out and a wait of less then 10 minutes for the car we were on our way.If you can get the same deal we did, we left like we should of paid alot more for what we received. I would recommend this hotel highly and couldn't possibly praise it more than I have. There is no downside! Not one!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dcuk60

Dear Dcuk60

Thank you for once again choosing to stay at The Queens, as always you are a welcome guest and I am thrilled that you had a truly wonderful stay with us, glad too that you were able to enjoy our famous Yorkshire breakfast

I do hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2011

Enjoyed my second stay at this hotel in July of this year and cannot fault it at all. One of the "perks of the job" was staying in a QClub room on both occasions, but July's stay even better. Walked into my room to find I had my own private roof top balcony .. gobsmacked! Room was clean, tidy and welcoming. Bathroom was beautiful with Pecksniff toiletres .. wonderful.

The staff are amazing from the moment you walk through the door .. from conceirge taking your bags to efficient, friendly receptionists who check you in with speed and a smile.

Food is fantastic, plenty of options at breakfast and a superb evening resturant.

Would definitely recommend staying here and can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Pay extra for a QClub room - it's worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Dear Keela-35-EFC

First of all many thanks for returning to our hotel and for taking the time to post a review. I am very pleased with your comment as it demonstrates that our entire team has a truly caring attitude, which was a big reason in you staying with us again. I am delighted that you had the opportunity to enjoy our executive floor QClub, it really is a treat isn’t it?
Do come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2011

we stayed at the queens hotel in leeds for a 2 night break last week. the hotel itself was quite nice on first glance. the booking in process was good, the car had been taken from us outside and taken to the car park for the hotel. a lovely porter helped us with our luggage and brought it up to our room for us. the windows didnt open, not even a little bit. the air conditioning kept switching iteslf off and never really seem to get to the coolness we wanted.we couldnt alter the settings on the tv, the picture was quite dark. the bathroom was ok but really though we would have had a shower screen rather than a curtain up around the bath. the shower head was a fixed one and not one that could be lifted off the holder, lovely hot water though so cant really complain about that. there was a tea/coffee tray in the bedroom,very nice but only 1 packet of 2 biscuits?? bit mean if you ask me!! the bed was nice and comfortable but the pillows were terrible. on the first morning i decided to have a cooked breakfast, the food was very mediocre, it was barely warm. the best thing was the porridge with lovely extras to go with it. next day i chose to just go with porridge and toast. the issue on our 2nd morning was the massive queues for a table for breakfast, it was ridiculous, probably made alot worse because of there being a wedding party in on the saturday night. then we came to book out, we couldnt get a lift down to the ground floor,not a good plan having to carry big bgs down 5 floors... there are only 2 lifts in the hotel and everyone wanted to use them... we had quite a wait to check out and then another wait for our car to be brought around to the front of the hotel. the location of the hotel for the centre of leeds, shops bars etc was excellent, couldnt fault that at all. the staff were really nice and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My partner and I stayed in this hotel when we went on a works Christmas do. This hotel is perfect as it is central to all of the restuarants and bars. The staff were very helpful and polite and the rooms were spacious and very clean.

This hotels decor is very nice, the best local hotel that I have stayed in. We got a disabled room which meant the bathroom was larger. The room had a very large double bed with a big dressing table and tea and coffee making facilities. The room also had a large wardroom with hangers and a steamer in the room. The mirror in the bathroom was great for getting ready in and there was a full length mirror in the room also. This hotel is right by the train station and we could not hear any noise from outside once we were in our rooms.

We got a very good deal on the price of this room, so keep your eyes out for last minute deals.

Room Tip: Ask for a disabled room as you get a bigger bathroom.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2011

Dear clairewyorks

First of all many thanks for returning to our hotel and for taking the time to post a review. I am very pleased with your comment as it demonstrates that our entire team has a truly caring attitude, which was a big reason in you staying with us again and very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2011

I am a wheelchair bound 64 year old lady who loves to travel around Great Britain, and I can honestly say this is the best hotel I have ever stayed in, the room was very spacious and easy to get around, the wet room was superb, the food was mouthwatering, and the staff were excellent, when I arrived I was escorted to my room by Peter one of the concierges,and he made sure everything was within my reach, I originally booked for 3 days but stayed for 4 days as I liked it that much. The management should be very proud of their art deco hotel, and even prouder of their staff, and I will definitely be visiting them in the near future, oh and the cost was very reasonable so I can afford to try out the other 20 hotels in the Q group

Room Tip: all rooms are soundproofed so any can be reccomended
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Shirley-walker1

Dear Shirley-Walker 1

Thank you for your lovely review of The Queens. I am thrilled you had a super stay with us and that you would recommend our hotel to others. I will certainly pass on your kind words, in particular to Peter who along with all our team here at The Queens make every effort to ensure our guests have a relaxed and wonderful stay.

We very much look forward to making you welcome again soon and hope that you are able to try out some of our other wonderful hotels in the UK.