“Wonderful - Perhaps the best hotel i have visited in the UK” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Queens - Leeds
Ranked #10 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Milton Keynes
“Wonderful - Perhaps the best hotel i have visited in the UK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

What a superb hotel. Faultless, really faultless. Wonderful art-deco building with period interior fittings, all clearly renovated to the highest possible taste. The location is unbeatable for the station, being as it is attached! Don’t think this would make it noisy in any way, the hotel was so quiet, despite being packed. It is very close to the city centre.

The quality of service was evident form the moment you checked in , the staff well briefed, friendly, professional and happy. The room was spotless, large, well furnished and so comfortable. There was even free internet and free Sky TV.

The restaurant was of the highest quality for both evening meals and breakfast. The service was exquisite and the staff were very friendly but professional.

I stayed in a normal room so goodness knows what the VIP Q Club rooms are like! They must have there own servants!

How people can give this hotel a 1 or 2 star rating is beyond me they must stay in some VERY good hotels. Try as I might ( and I did try because everything was so good) i cant find a single fault with this hotel. Even the room service was warm, fresh and well cooked!

If you can stay here. No question. I would and have happily spent my own money to do just that! Sorry this is so short but really it IS that good!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 22 August 2011
Thank you for a wonderful review of The Queens following your recent stay. Your comments most certainly provided an excellent start to the day for the team whose efforts you have clearly experienced and recognised! I am pleased you had a wonderful stay and as a result would not hesitate to stay with us again and recommend The Queens to others. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Ivar van Diepen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

booked two rooms for my Mum and Sister. The rooms looked a little dated but the overall decor is so 1920's, The bar looks great and the service they received was outstanding. Will definitely use the hotel again.

Many thanks to Emily Mansfield

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 15 August 2011
Thank you for such a wonderful review of The Queens. I am pleased you had a great experience and as a result would highly recommend our Hotel to others. It was good to hear that our staff delivered great service to you and that you have been able to experience this and have highlighted this. I will naturally pass on your comments to the team!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

stayed for three nights needs a complete painting and decorateing inside food was ok had to eat in bar one night as restraunt wasnt available a bit cramped to say the least the hotel is just a bit dated

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at our Hotel. Our Hotel stems from and reflects the Art Deco period displaying a design style that is impressive and creates a unique contrast with other properties. I have noted your comments regarding the upkeep and will ensure this will be continued to be worked on through our in house property team. I amp pleased you were able to enjoy our food during your stay and hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to The Queens; a Hotel with a difference.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

Booked this incredibly last minute after finding I had to stay the night unexpectedly in Leeds. At a room rate of £67 I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel. The exterior and communal areas are pretty grand - the rooms a little tired but clean and functional. The loaction (adjacent to the train station and minutes walk from the centre) is ideal. I was on the 5th floor and didn't experience any noise whatsoevere. Very friendly and efficient staff - I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Err on the side of caution and request a hight floor
2 Thank travellbar
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 12 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at The Queens. I am pleased you found our Hotel to provide excellent value for money and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Whilst I understand your stay was unexpected I genuinely hope we can welcome you back to Leeds and the city's most central Hotel; The Queens.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

I stayed here for one night on a Sunday for business. The hotel is very grand from the outside and is a lovely art deco building. Inside the style is consistent although it does look like it needs a bit of care in places. The corridors are long and dark and felt a bit like the hotel in The Shining, but everything was very clean and well-ordered. I would not call this a luxury hotel but it is certainly of a high quality.
I was a bit worried about the location - right next to the train station- because these locations can be noisy on an evening; however, I had a very peaceful night. The staff are very accommodating and the service is excellent from all of the staff. I ordered room service in the evening, which I rarely do because of the price, but the meal was lovely, comparable to what I would have received in a good restaurant. The room was large and very comfortable and the bathroom was equally spacious and well-presented. The furniture, like the rest of the hotel, is a little tired looking, but it is clean and seviceable. There was an extensive choice at breakfast but I had cereal so I cannot comment on the quality of the cooked food.
I have one criticism: My tray from the evening before was never collected, even though I left it outside my door as indicated on the menu, so I came out in the morning to the remains of my dinner from the previous night (probably worse for the room opposite).
Overall I liked this hotel and it was great for my purposes.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank PicklesMcGraw
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 11 August 2011
Dear PicklesMcGraw

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay at The Queens. I am pleased you had a wonderful experience at our hotel as we aim and work hard to deliver a personal level of service and positive comments, such as yours, are a great motivator for the team. Thank you too for bringing to my attention your criticism relating to the breakfast tray.

I do hope that you will visit us again soon

Warm regards

Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

Nice hotel room with well furnished bathroom , good nights sleep , would reccomend however ask for a front facing room for a better view . Staff brilliant .

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 17 August 2011
Thank you for your review of The Queens and for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased that our team delivered excellent service and that you have experienced this during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

We spent two nights at this hotel and would thoroughly recommend it. From the moment we checked in staff were extremely helpful and friendly and made us feel welcome. The rooms are lovely and clean and the bed was comfy. There is plenty of choice for breakfast and the quality of the food was great. The hotel is right beside the train station or you can have your car parked by the concierge for your stay for a very reasonable price. We would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for accommodation in the city centre of Leeds.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Masawerk
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Dear Masawerk

Thank you for your lovely review of The Queens. I am thrilled you had a super stay with us and that you would recommend our hotel to others. We look forward to making you welcome again soon.

Warm regards