“Fantastic Hotel and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Queens - Leeds

The Queens - Leeds
Ranked #10 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Northwich, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hotel and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

I arranged a stay here for my 50th birthday for eight friends at short notice. The service we received was fantastic. I had been upgraded to a superior room as it was my birthday, but when we got to the rooms we had all been given double rooms rather than the twins we had requested. The reception staff happily changed us all to twin rooms and upgraded the whole party to superior rooms. The rooms were large and very comfortable. We ate at the grill restaurant on Friday night and the food and service were great, the bar area is also very pleasant to sit in. The breakfast was fantastic, although there was a short wait to sit down. The hotel is ideally placed for both shoping and easy access to the bar and restuarant area. I have stayed in many more modern hotels in Leeds but my stay at the Queens was the best I have had and I wil definately stay here the next time I go to leeds.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 12 September 2011
Dear LMartin499515

A belated Happy Birthday.

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Queens, we are incredibly proud of the heritage of this magnificent hotel and it is great to read that our guests think that we have been able to maintain such a high standard.

I am thrilled you had a super stay with us and that you would recommend our hotel to others. We look forward to making you welcome again soon, as you say, location in the city centre is perfect for maybe a spot of Christmas shopping

Warm regards

Ivar van Diepen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (613)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

Super room, very fair price.
Snacks in bar very good.
Staff first class throughout. Couldn't have been more helpful.
I would recommend the hotel highly.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 11 September 2011
Thank you for reviewing The Queens following your stay. I am pleased your experience was one of excellent value and that as a result you would not hesitate to recommend our Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

the hotel decor was old and worn the bed needed a new mattress small old tv in room the room was dark and gloomy all the toilets in the public area the lides were broke, food took ages and vwasant worth the money didant taste nice .
we went for my friends 30th the hotel spoilet her birthday the room we stayed in was sp2 be a supperior room but was small only had a few channels no sky as was sp2 be and know slippers the room was verry small basic and in need of dooing up i will never be staying there agai we could of stayed at the hilton for the same prise as we payed for this room. the hotel was fulof people wearin football t-shirts and tracksuite bottoms.

Room Tip: go somewear else
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
I was disappointed with your review and sorry to learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us. The Hotel dates back to 1937 and its style reflects this period however with all the modern and up to date facilities nowadays available. I am sorry if things were not to your personal liking. Given the nature of your comments I am genuinely surprised you did not raise this at the time, April 2011, as the Hotel would have welcomed an opportunity to address your comments at this point. I am afraid that at this late stage I can only offer you my most sincere apologies.

Norfolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

We stayed at the Queens Hotel for a wedding and we loved it. By no means the best hotel in the area, but the fantastic service from the staff made this a very enjoyable stay. Nothing was too much for them and the reception held at the hotel was a fantastic do with good food and plenty of wine. The only down side was the net curtains in the rooms are in need a good wash although the rest of the room was very clean!!! A great place to stay if you want a good friendly hotel in the middle of the action....

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank TDHNorfolk
Thank you for your review following your recent stay. I am pleased that overall you had an enjoyable experience and that you have highlighted the service delivered by our team. It is our team that creates a positive difference compared to, say, some larger corporate Hotels available in the area. I have noted your comment regarding the curtains and can assure you these are cleaned on a rolling basis. I am sorry if the champagne colour led you to believe differently. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Leeds' most central hotel.

Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

This hotel really has character. It is beautifully decorated throughout in Art Deco style. It makes a refreshing change from the blandness of many modern hotels. The location is so convenient, with fabulous views over City Square from many of the rooms.
The staff were very helpful and attentive and made us feel special.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

1 Thank Yorkshire-Lass9222
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 9 September 2011
Dear Yorkshire-Lass9222

Thank you for your lovely review of The Queens. I am thrilled you had a super stay with us and that you would recommend our hotel to others. We look forward to making you welcome again soon.

Kind regards

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

I'm in a long distance relationship and came up to Leeds to spend the weekend with my girlfriend for my birthday and decided to pay extra to stay in a QClub room. My train was cancelled then the replacement delayed, we arrived at the hotel a little irritated by the strenuous journey but were greeted by a warm receptionist who informed me that due to a cancellation she had given us a room with a private terrace which we cheered us up! The QClub is quite exquisite, you are greeted with chocolates as you exit the lift on the 8th floor, living the life indeed! Our room was very well furnished and comfortable with everything you'd need. We visited the QLounge but were too late for free alcohol so helped ourselves to biscuits and tea then looked out on the terrace. Breakfast is delicious! We had the option of a continental one in the QLounge or go downstairs for a full english, we went downstairs and the scrambled egg is to die for! The next day before going for a meal at Bibis we made sure we were on time for the free alcohol!! My girlfriend didn't enjoy much though as it was only really wine and beer on offer, she was hoping for some free cheap vodka as there were plenty of mixers on offer. Overall a great stay, would come back in a heartbeat and recommend to anyone looking for somewhere a bit special to stay in Leeds!

2 Thank Niyi A
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 6 September 2011
Dear NiyiA

Delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us recently, I will certainly pass on your kind thoughts to the team who I am sure you will agree, are the true heart of our magnificent hotel and they will be pleased to know that they have succeeded in their efforts to make sure our guests have a truly special stay.

Glad too that you had the chance to experience our executive floor QClub where exclusivity and luxury is paramount and as you say, really is experiencing Life at the Top. Please do come back and visit us again soon, you will be a more than welcome guest.

Warm regards

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

Stayed for just one night. Some confusion as to the booking at the front desk but the asian receptionist was able to sort out an upgraded room for a minimal price and all done with a friendly and professional demeanour.
I had stayed at this hotel some years ago and they have certainly upped their game since then.
Great, huge bed and wonderful shower.
Bit disappointed with the lounge/bar but the things that matter are very well done.

Dear Walfie25

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay at The Queens. I am sorry that you experienced initial confusion, however I am delighted to read that our team were able to rectify this with minimal inconvenience to yourself and that you were able to enjoy the highest levels of customer service and quality

We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon

Kind regards