“Great time”
Review of The Queens - Leeds

The Queens - Leeds
Ranked #13 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We went on a weekend to Leeds for our friends special 40th birthday. This hotel has great customer service. Nothing is too much for them. Rooms are clean. Good breakfast. Drinks are a little expensive in bar. Would visit again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Dear Jill G

Thank you for your review, delighted that you had an enjoyable time and in turn would recommend us to others.

Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

Always love the concierge service here, overnight parking isn't cheap (think its around 15/night) but parking in the centre of Leeds is generally expensive anyway. I had room service, food wasn't cheap but was very good, worth the price. Facilitated a meeting at the hotel the following day and the staff were fantastic. Generally not the cheapest option but worth the money.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank TaylorClanX
Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

Got a deal on Late Rooms so the price I paid may taint my review of this hotel. I was in a large room with double bed, nice bathroom and plenty if space to move round... Room service was fast and efficient and OK price. Marked down vleanlibess as I found rubbish just under the lip of the bed.
In summary would stay again at same price paid, hotel close to station, Tributy Centre etc but be ready to pay around £15 a night to park close by.

• Stayed: May 2013
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Dear PMACCA

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I was delighted that on the whole you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay with us and in turn would certainly return. We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back some time in the future.

Warm regards

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a business trip. Located right in the heart of the City centre. This is a very GRAND hotel! Reminded me of the Aldelphi in Liverpool if anyone has stayed there. Great service and comfortable rooms.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear allypears

Thank you for posting your review, delighted you had an enjoyable stay with us, do visit us again soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Initial thoughts of the hotel were wonderful, great location, very friendly staff and a really nice lobby. Room was well laid out and plently of space (though not in the bathroom). In fact the bath is very short, and not really usable for relaxing.

Overnight was kept awake due to the lift (very noisy) being directly opposite the room. Friendly staff once again stepped in and moved my room to the 5th floor. However in this one the air con is faulty (not a massive problem as can open the window), and did not want to raise an issue again.

Ordered room service as I had to work late into the evening, a vegetarian pizza, and some chunky chips. Price on the menu £15.50, price on receipt £19 (not a clue why). Unfortunatly this was very bland and tasteless and a £1 supermarket pizza would have easily satisfied more.

I have two more nights in the hotel and whilst I am looking forward to the sleep, I will not be risking the food pricing further.

Final thoughts. If you can get a cheap enough price for the hotel then stay by all means, but avoid room service, request a room away from the lifts, and be prepared to pay £15.95 per day to park your car.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear Peter B

Thank you for taking the time to post your constructive and concise review. I was pleased to read you found the hotel location perfect for exploring the city however I am sorry that you did not enjoy all aspects of your stay.

I am sorry that you were disturbed by our lifts, we do everything possible to ensure our guests are not disturbed and on this rare occasion I can see that we were not successful in our endeavours.

With regard to your comments in relation to Room Service, it is customary for hotels to charge a tray service, which is why upon receipt of your order there was an additional charge of £3.50. I am sorry that this was not explained to you at the time however it does state this quite clearly on the room service menus in your room.

The hotel does offer secure valet parking for our guests at an additional charge of £15.95 per night, again stipulated on our website; I can assure you that pricing is in line with the commercial car parks located nearby.

Thank you again for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back some time in the future.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

I visited this hotel on a work trip and I was very pleased by the location. It was about a 30 second walk from the train station which was handy. My room was nice and comfortable. The only negative thing I have to say is that the elevator was quite loud, as my room was nearly across the hall from the doors and I could hear it constantly opening and closing. Other than that, I really enjoyed it. Nice art deco design. Nicest hotel my work has booked for me yet!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Courtney L

Thank you for posting your review, I was delighted that on the whole you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay with us and very much enjoyed the Art Deco surroundings. Lets hope you’re working in the area soon for a return visit.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Nice enough hotel, I remember it 20 years ago when it was really high end, but now it is a little tired but it is still perfectly decent, well located for the city centre and valet parking which is handy. I would say it is a mid range 4 star hotel , nothing flash but on a par with Hilton and Radisson

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear NealM

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing that you had a good stay at the hotel. I do hope you will visit us again soon.