The Queens - Leeds
  • Pool
  • Fitness centre
  • Bar/Lounge
3,456 results
All reviewsart decoq clubtrain stationq hotelsvalet parkingcity squaretravelling by trainjunior suitelovely hotelcentral locationreception staffbreakfast was excellentstandard roomfull englishlovely roomstayed for one nighttea and coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stayed on business and honestly rating against my experience of hotels across the world.
The Hotel is OK
Clean Room
Small Shower
I mean nothing to complain about but also nothing to rave about
You will get a clean tidy quiet room with personable staff right in Leeds city centre.
Stayed in a few hotels close to this and they are all of the same standard.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank plaistowboy
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear plaistowboy

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I was pleased that many aspects of your stay were more than satisfactory. I hope we get the opportunity to really WOW you on your next visit.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night 3rd December. The Art Deco style is very different to most other hotels and is a welcome change. The hotel rooms are clean and comfortable but have to say the bath is far too small.

All the staff were friendly and polite but the main problem was only having one working lift. Staying on the 5th floor I had to walk down steps to get to breakfast and check out as the lift was constantly full so try to stay on the lower floors until both lifts are operational.

All in all this hotel is ok but nothing special given the cost.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Murphs2013

Thank you for your feedback, I was pleased to read that on the whole you had a good stay with us. I apologise that the lift wasn't working correctly, please be advised that this has since been rectified. I do hope that this one off experience has not tainted your view of our hotel and look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Some of the bad reviews I read from people staying at this hotel nearly made me change my plans and book somewhere else. I am glad I didn't. The staff were very helpful and always polite I was able to leave my car in their car park for the whole of the following day after I checked out with no additional charges just a helpful attitude and a smile. The breakfast was very nice and fresh (at 7.45 Monday morning) and there was plenty to choose from. The room was clean comfortable and quiet. The fact that in from of the hotel is a very busy square and the station is immediately behind I was expecting some noise intrusion but not at all. We visited the Leeds University campus and the walk is only 15 minutes. The very extensive shopping center starts just over the road and is very convenient. The area is full of bars and restaurants which the hotel staff are happy to direct you to. All in all a very good stay and a good choice of hotel.

Room Tip: I was in a room facing the square on the 6th floor and the view was great and no problem at all with noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Matthew T

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for expressing and sharing your thoughts with the wider travelling community. I was very pleased to read that you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay with us and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back some time soon.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We telephoned re a copy invoice and Sam could not do enough to help! She helped over and above the call of duty and her helpful manner encouraged us to book again! We had previously stayed during November and unfortunately encountered a rowdy crowd of girls staying overnight. Charlee on reception was so very courteous and apologetic. She managed the entire situation with calm and understanding. As such we booked again for December! Thanks again Sam and Charlee for your commitment to customer satisfaction! Kind regards, Gina Connett

Stayed: December 2013

Dear GinaConnett

Thank you for your kind comments, I will certainly pass on your thoughts to both Sam and Charlee as I am sure they will find them as a great source of motivation. I do hope that we have the pleasure of your company again soon.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I'm a VERY regular user of hotels for both business and pleasure, and I can positively say that the 1005 people who reviewed this place as very good or excellent were deluded, drugged, or had never been in anything better that a B&B in the back streets of Calcutta.

This place is out dated, grubby, very noisy, and expensive. It's only redeeming factor is that it is in the middle of town.

Most importantly if you are silly enough to book here DO NOT get a room within half a mile of the lifts. You will be subjected to the loudest opening and closing of doors every few seconds all night.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear FlyBWire

I am sorry that you had a less than successful stay with us but would like to assure you that those who have kindly given us their high rating of either 4 or 5 out of 5 genuinely enjoy their stay and not only return but fully recommend The Queens to their friends and family. I do appreciate that as a city centre hotel we are prone at times to noise however secondary glazing does its best and is rarely unsuccessful in keeping out city centre noise. I do refute that the hotel is outdated, grubby and expensive however if there is something specific you wish to discuss please contact my directly and I will be happy to investigate the issues further.

Thank you again for your feedback and hope that we are somehow able to restore your faith in our hotel.