“Great stay. Few minor hiccups”
Review of The Queens - Leeds

The Queens - Leeds
Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
“Great stay. Few minor hiccups”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Great stay, staff very friendly and the room was clean and quiet. Just a couple of small points. I asked for a wake up call at 6am which was confirmed at reception the night before which didn't happen. Also I asked for a cab to be booked which was confirmed by the staff at reception the night before which was not booked.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Kankani

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I was very pleased to read that on the whole you had a very enjoyable stay with us. I would however like to apologise for not giving you your wake up call, I will certainly pass on your comments to the Front Office Manager to discuss with her team and thank you for bringing it to our attention. This is certainly not our usual standard of service and hope that the error did not detract too much from your enjoyable stay.

I do hope you ahve the opportunity to stay with us again some time in the future.

Jacquie Hanson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (628)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed at The Queens last weekend and it was faultless!! From the moment we arrived, we were looked after!! The car was valet parked and it was quick and efficient! The staff were great especially Charlie on reception who checked us in! Charlie gave us a map of the city and even went out of her way to book us a taxi and table for dinner! We were upgraded to a superior room which looked over the city square (which I would definitely recommend) and couldn't have been more relaxing! I would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone! We will be returning!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle K
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Michelle K

Thank you for posting a review of your stay and for sharing your thoughts with the wider travelling community. I was thrilled to read you had a wonderful stay with us. I will certainly pass on your kind thoughts to Charlee as I am sure she will find them a great source of motivation. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back some time in the future.

Warm regards

Sheffield
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed here whilst on business recently.After some problems with my room,which were quickly addressed.( upgrade offered but declined as it was too much trouble to repack and move) everything was fine.The Staff were courteous and attentive and the food was good.I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Sloncek

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay, I was sorry to read that not everything went according to plan initially however pleased that we were able to rectify the problem. I do hope you have a chance to stay with us again and very much look forward to welcoming you back some time in the future.

Warm regards

derbyshire
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have just come back from a two night stay at The Queens and I could not fault it. The staff throughout the hotel could not do enough and the whole experience was lovely. Thank you to all who made it a very memorable weekend.

Room Tip: Room 807 was amazing.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear tillybob2

Thank you for posting a review of your stay and for sharing your thoughts and experiences with the wider travelling community. I was very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us at The Queens and will certainly pass on your kind words to the team.

I do hope you have chance to visit us again soon.

Boston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

A trip to the City Varieties necessitated a hotel in Leeds and the Queens came up with the best deal. Its very close to the station and very handy for the city centre. The check in was excellent with Abbey proving a very efficient receptionist combined withy knowledge of what's on in Leeds. The hotel retains most of its art deco styling and our room was more than adequate. Breakfast was the usual buffet style with all the required ingredients, but the menu offered extras of cooked to order poached and boiled eggs, scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and a champagne breakfast. The downside was that the poached eggs arrived look warm and the toast cool, but both cooked perfectly. We had drinks in the bar and paid for the privilege as my cask beer was expensive at £4.50 per pint and a basic rose wine at £23.95 is way over the top, but the beer was in excellent condition and you get to consume it in the art deco surroundings. Would I stay here again, yes if the price was right.

Room Tip: If you do order the poached eggs for breakfast, keep reminding the waiting staff that you have done...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Malcybabe

Thank you for your lovely review, I was very pleased to read that you had a very enjoyable stay with us here at The Queens. I will certainly pass on your kind words to Abbey as I am sure she will see them as a great source of motivation. Thank you too for your feedback regarding breakfast, I will discuss the issue raised with our executive chef.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back some time in the future.

Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Just returned from a 2 night break in Leeds. Had a fantastic time and the hotel was fabulous. From the minute we arrived and they whisked the car away, the service was excellent. All the staff where very friendly. The room was lovely, spacious and clean and the breakfast was excellent.
Special thank you to the bar staff for kindly making me hot water and lemon drinks for my sore throat.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Magwillz

Thank you for your recent review, we were very pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay with us and very much look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back some time in the future.

Brighton
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This beautiful Art Deco hotel deserves all the positive comments it has received on TripAdvisor. Centrally located for a weekend break. It's fantastic location next to the train station allows for that instant stretching and relaxation after a long train journey. I will be going back . Thank you to the staff for their hospitality.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear BrightonFlorence

Thank you for your lovely review, I was thrilled to read you had a wonderful stay with us recently and very much hope to be able to welcome you back some time in the future.

Warmest regards