“An excellent stay!”

Ranked #10 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“An excellent stay!”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

We asked for a quiet room and certainly got one. The staff were helpful and courteous throughout. The hotel is in a great central location, literally right next to the station.
The room lovely and we slept like babies. Thank you - we will be back!

• Stayed March 2014
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear linzilula

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I was very pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay with us and look forward to welcoming yoyu back some time in the future.

Jacquie Hanson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Value for money fantastic got family room which was lounge bedroom and bathroom with breakfast for £79. Could not fault anything valet service to park your car for 24 hours cost £15.95 excellent welcome at reception comfy bed quiet room breakfast fresh with plenty of choices. Location fantastic next door to train station two min walk from shopping area

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Amanda S

Thank you for your fantastic review, I was thrilled to read you had a wonderful stay with us and were able to use our excellent location for exploring the city. I hope to be able to welcome you back some time in the future.

Jacquie HansonGeneral Manager
Knaresborough
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at The Queens Hotel on Friday night after seeing the amazing Derren Brown. The reception staff were fantastic and the rooms large, comfortable a clean. There was also a large selection of hot and cold food at breakfast to suit all tastes.
My only criticism was the heat in the room (731 ) - It was like a sauna! Although the room thermostat was set to 16 it obviously wasn't working which led to an uncomfortable nights sleep.
Upon mentioning this in the morning we were told this would be sorted immediately for the next guests though. Incidentally the restaurant was also very warm - I'm sure The Queens could save a fortune on energy by dropping the temperature a degree or two!!

Stayed March 2014
Dear Roy M

Thank you for your review, I was sorry to learn that not everything went according to plan and will address your concerns with our onsite maintenance team to investigate further.

I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back some time in the future.

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Great stay, staff very friendly and the room was clean and quiet. Just a couple of small points. I asked for a wake up call at 6am which was confirmed at reception the night before which didn't happen. Also I asked for a cab to be booked which was confirmed by the staff at reception the night before which was not booked.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Kankani

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I was very pleased to read that on the whole you had a very enjoyable stay with us. I would however like to apologise for not giving you your wake up call, I will certainly pass on your comments to the Front Office Manager to discuss with her team and thank you for bringing it to our attention. This is certainly not our usual standard of service and hope that the error did not detract too much from your enjoyable stay.

I do hope you ahve the opportunity to stay with us again some time in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed at The Queens last weekend and it was faultless!! From the moment we arrived, we were looked after!! The car was valet parked and it was quick and efficient! The staff were great especially Charlie on reception who checked us in! Charlie gave us a map of the city and even went out of her way to book us a taxi and table for dinner! We were upgraded to a superior room which looked over the city square (which I would definitely recommend) and couldn't have been more relaxing! I would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone! We will be returning!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle K
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Michelle K

Thank you for posting a review of your stay and for sharing your thoughts with the wider travelling community. I was thrilled to read you had a wonderful stay with us. I will certainly pass on your kind thoughts to Charlee as I am sure she will find them a great source of motivation. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back some time in the future.

Warm regards

Sheffield
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed here whilst on business recently.After some problems with my room,which were quickly addressed.( upgrade offered but declined as it was too much trouble to repack and move) everything was fine.The Staff were courteous and attentive and the food was good.I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Sloncek

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay, I was sorry to read that not everything went according to plan initially however pleased that we were able to rectify the problem. I do hope you have a chance to stay with us again and very much look forward to welcoming you back some time in the future.

Warm regards

derbyshire
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have just come back from a two night stay at The Queens and I could not fault it. The staff throughout the hotel could not do enough and the whole experience was lovely. Thank you to all who made it a very memorable weekend.

Room Tip: Room 807 was amazing.