The Queens - Leeds
US$89
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Leeds(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$69
US$113
  • Restaurant
Novotel Leeds Centre(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$73
US$107
US$89
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
Clayton Hotel Leeds(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$93
US$82
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Ibis Leeds Centre(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$58
US$36
US$35
Hotels.com
3,491 results
All reviewsart decoq clubtrain stationq hotelsvalet parkingcity squaretravelling by trainjunior suitelovely hotelcentral locationreception staffbreakfast was excellentstandard roomfull englishlovely roomstayed for one nighttea and coffee
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed here for a 2 day conference, travelling up from Devon the night before. It was almost 5 hours by train, so it was great to find hotel situated right next to the train station. I checked in and was surprised to learn that they wanted me to change rooms for my second night. So I would have to re-pack at some point during the busy conference day, crushing my evening gown in the process (we had a black tie award dinner on the first night of the conference). I said that this was very inconvenient, so the receptionist changed my room.

My room was adequate, plenty of hanging space, comfortable bed. It wasn't particularly clean (hair on the bathroom floor) and the telephone had a loose connection so kept cutting off during conversations. Food was good but I did get the impression that the hotel really needs a refurbishment, it seemed tired and a little dusty.

The conference itself was well catered for, although the various rooms were a little sprawling and an adventure to find. The main ballroom was rather dark during the day which sometimes made me want to doze off during the various talks I attended. But overall it was well managed and comfortable and the staff were pleasant and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank 531SusanM531
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Susan M

Thank you for taking the time to post your constructive feedback, I was very sorry to learn that not everything went according to plan.

On a more positive note I was happy to read that you found our excellent central location perfect for exploring Leeds.

Thank you again for your feedback, please be assured that this is certainly not our usual standard of quality or service and would hope we have the opportunity of restoring your faith some time in the future.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

My wife and I have just returned from an overnight trip to Leeds.We stayed in the Queens Hotel . Literally 100m from the Railway station , great location . We were met by check in staff, the very helpful chap really made me feel welcome, gave us directions and seemed to take an interest in our stay! Well done that man. Room on 6th floor was good, lovely and clean , all the usual things in it , bed comfy,slept like a log . Full buffet breakfast in the morning was very good,although a little prices at £12.50 each ! , mind you the choice was excellent . We caught "Wicked " stage show , that was brilliant . I would definately stay again !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GARY H

Dear GARY H

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and for sharing your thoughts with the wider travelling community. I was thrilled to read that you found our team and excellent location perfect for your needs.

I do hope you have the chance to stay with us again soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Myself and husband stayed here for the weekend to attend a family function. What struck us most was the friendliness of the staff and the excellent service from each and every staff member we came in contact with. My husband unfortunately was ill throughout our stay, and the receptionist was very kind in finding us a quiet, private place for my husband after we had checked out, as we had a long wait for the train. The hotel is in a great location, absolutely ideal for the train station and city centre. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to others. This is not a cloned, sterile hotel, but has character and warmth. However, it is the level of service which makes this hotel stand out. Particularly helpful and pleasant were the concierge chaps, the receptionists and the breakfast staff, who were absolutely lovely - very smiley, great eye contact, and nothing too much trouble.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TallulahTerrier

Dear TallulahTerrier

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay, I was delighted to read that you found the team to be friendly and helpful and will certainly pass on your kind thoughts to them. I do hope you both have the chance to stay with us again soon.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel and always stay in it when in Leeds . The location is brilliant - right next to the train station and minutes from the shops. The staff are all friendly and helpful . The bedrooms are a good size . Breakfast is brilliant with a great selection including the best veggie sausages ever .

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lambsunderland
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear lambsunderland

Thank you for once again choosing to stay with us at The Queens, we very much hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Arrived at the Queens Hotel in Leeds for the WI Meeting being held at the First Direct Arena. Our group was given a friendly welcome by staff members. I shared a twin room with another member of the WI and we were pleasantly surprised by the lovely room we had. A traditional hotel more Art Deco in style with lots of gleaming brass and mirrors. Meals were well presented and swiftly served to the large numbers eating. A very central hotel close to the station and ideal to visit the shopping precincts and more historical buildings.

Room Tip: A good view up the Main Street front from front rooms. We were on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Margaret E

Dear Margaret E

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay and for sharing your thoughts with the wider travelling community. I was very pleased to read that you had a wonderful time with us and very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.