“In the centre and a concierge”
Review of The Queens - Leeds

The Queens - Leeds
Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Winchester, United Kingdom
“In the centre and a concierge”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This Art Deco Hotel is slap bang in the centre of Leeds opposite some very imposing buildings and a statue of among others The Black Prince. There is a red carpet and a concierge together with very friendly and helpful staff. Unfortunately we could only stay one night on our way to Scotland but this hotel would be ideal to explore all Leeds has to offer, it was a pleasant surprise to see such lovely architecture and civic pride. For a hotel in the centre of a large city it was very quiet and peaceful and we all had a good nights sleep and a splendid breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank france036
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear france036

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay and I am so pleased that you found our Art Deco surroundings such a pleasure.

I do hope that the next time you are passing through, that you are able to stay longer to explore more of both The Queens and also the delightful City of Leeds.

With warmest regards

Jacquie Hanson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (628)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Visited leeds with a friend. Stayed at the Queens. Lovely Art Deco hotel. Nice spacious room with fridge which was useful. Good bathroom. Comfy bed, clean room, decent breakfast. Fast check in and express checkout. Ideal if travelling by train, two mins walk away

Room Tip: Ask for front of hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear kazzykSouthYorkshire

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at The Queens.

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back at some point in the future.

Warm regards

Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Have visited this hotel several times to visit family in Leeds, I requested a quiet high floor room overlooking city square and that is exactly what we got. Room was comfy and quiet, breakfast good but made exceptional by excellent staff, very pleasant and attentive and some longstanding staff members who are very good at what they do. If you get a good deal this hotel is ideal for its central situation and we will be back.

Room Tip: We had room 608 end of corridor very quiet
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Ann C

Thank you for once again choosing to stay with us at The Queens,

I was pleased that once again you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay and thank you for the lovely comments about our team members.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of your company again soon.

With warmest regards

Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Booked 1 night in a standard double. Previously read room tips so when checking in asked for a room facing the square which they said it was. When we got to the room it was facing a brick wall at the back and next door to the lift so went straight back to reception to ask if they had another room. We were given a double upgrade to a junior suite free of charge as they had no rooms left facing the square. WOW the staff are so friendly everyone always smiling and say hello when you see them. There is nothing bad I could say about the hotel,it's like stepping into another world. The hotel us beautiful and we will defiantly be back at some point to enjoy leeds again. Fab fab fab

• Stayed August 2014
Dear frankie2405

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at The Queens, I was very pleased to read that you had a very enjoyable stay with us and hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back some time in the future.

Warm regards

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

For the rate you pay, you'd expect the hotel to pay attention to the finer details. Granted the bed and room furniture are very good but to have a broken window (internal window's handle was broken so couldn't slide open and external window would not shut properly) and a dirty shower is unacceptable when there are newer hotels in Leeds like Novotel and Double Tree round the corner from the train station.

I suppose the location, name, and prestige of the building/history allow them to get away with it. All in all the stay was average and what you expect from a 4 star establishment.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank R G
Dear R G

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay, I was sorry to read the nature of your complaint and I would like to offer you my sincere apologies. I will certainly address the comments raised with our maintenance manager and would like to assure you that this is certainly not our usual standard of quailty or service within the hotel.

Thank you again for your valuable constructive criticism and I do hope that we are able to restore your faith in our hotel at some point in the future.

With kind regards

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 1 night last weekend as a little city break for my 21st birthday.
When we arrived we paid for the hotel parking - £15.95 for 24 hours seemed very reasonable. The valet was very helpful and helped with our bags and then took the car away.
Check in was quick and easy - we got chatting to the lovely girl on the desk about the restaurant we were going to and if she had any recommendations which was helpful. She also gave us directions to the restaurant and a street with some nice bars and also to Trinity shopping centre as we mentioned we wanted to go there the next day.
The hotel itself is just fabulous. I love anything art deco and I just adored the whole ambience and decor of the hotel. The room was spotless and the shower in the bathroom was great! The only little niggle I had with it (and it's a bit of a pathetic niggle) was the tea provided - I'm a lover of Yorkshire Tea teabags, and I think it was PG Tips or Tetley so wasn't a fan of that, but then again, it's personal preference and like I said, a little bit pathetic.
The night we stayed, it was chucking it down outside and I wasn't looking forward to the walk from the hotel to the restaurant. When leaving for the restaurant we enquired if we would be able to nip to my car to get an umbrella out of it. The concierge was more than happy to reach behind his desk and lend us one for the evening - little things like that are really appreciated.
Checking out was also a breeze - we were able to leave our luggage in the luggage room whilst we spent the day shopping, which was great. We were also told that we could keep our car there until we were done even though we had checked out - I thought this was great as neither of us know the area that well so we were wondering where we would have parked and how much we'd have paid.
Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Queens and will definitely be staying here again when we next visit Leeds. The staff were incredibly friendly and happy to help you with anything.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear laurenn_walkerr

Thank you for posting a review of your stay. I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable time with us celebrating your 21st and that you are a fan of our Art Deco theme – we love it too!

We do hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed here on a girly weekend full of shopping and celebrating,It was mine and my nieces birthday, we stay in Q club rooms which were gorgeous , the beds were so comfortable, and we had the added bonus of drinks on the rooftop between 6-8pm the only thing I would say is outside on the rooftop terrace it need brightening up and a bit of a facelift, other than that the hotel, staff and breakfast was all first rate and I would highly recommend it, I also returned a month later on business and stayed in a family room which was also very good, the valet parking is great and hassle free,we just parked up outside the hotel,dropped our bags in our room and went straight out shopping, I will definitely be returning on my next trip to Leeds

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Km05aaj

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stays with us at The Queens, I was really pleased to read that on both occasions you had an enjoyable stay. We'll certainly look at the QClub Terrace and thank you for your feedback.

Hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back some time in the future.

Warmest regards