“Nice central location”

Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Nice central location”
Reviewed 29 June 2010

I like to stay either here of at the hilton in Leeds. I am from south Leeds but it is easier staying at one of these hotels then getting a taxis back home.

The hotel is quite well kept, tired in some place but the rooms are great and the staff are plesant.

You do get the feeling you in a much grander hotel when in the lobby.

It is definaltey a good hotel to stay in. Would recoommend.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank barryfryus
Kerhie, Customer Service at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 30 June 2010
Thank you for your positive feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found that our staff welcoming, I will certainly pass on your thoughts to our team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards Kerhie Harrison Customer Service

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (640)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
uk
Reviewed 17 June 2010

great hotel, got a great weekend deal b&b and dinner, with bottle of bubbly in room on 1st night. Room clean massive bed and old art deco feel to the hotel, that created a better feel than most 4 star's i have stayed at in the past.

Great location, well worth a visit

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank viking121Uk
Kerhie, Customer Service at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 18 June 2010
Thank you for your positive feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards Kerhie Harrison Customer Service
cheshire
Reviewed 13 June 2010

What a beautiful hotel, stayed there this weekend the room was excellant, the staff very nice, they have spent a lot of money on this hotel, will be going again.,

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank CheshireThegirls
Kerhie, Customer Service at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 15 June 2010
Chester
Reviewed 13 June 2010

The hotel is in a great location the lobby and public areas are good and the staff are very helpful. The standard rooms let the hotel down a bit as the are dark and the furniture is a bit tired looking and the bathrooms aren't that great either ours had cracked tiles and a very worn looking bath. We stayed on a Saturday and the hotel was not by any means peaceful at night but then it is a city centre hotel and there seemed to be numerous hen parties staying in the building. We got a deal on the room which we were happy with but I'm not sure I'd have been so happy paying the full rate.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for you’re raising your concerns, I am sorry that you had a disappointing experience with us, and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you. I would be grateful if you could email me at kharrison@qhotels.co.uk. On a more positive note, I am delighted that you found our staff helpful and the location ideal.
Kind regards

Kerhie Harrison
Customer Service
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Horrible dingy, dark and grubby looking hotel. My room had been doused in air freshener and was really dark and stuffy so I asked if I could open the window. I was told that it was against the rules. Two very apologetic staff members explained that it was for health and safety, because people had committed suicide jumping from the windows. I left. Really wouldn't recommend this hotel. Felt sorry for the staff who were very pleasant and did their best to be helpful. The location is good for access to the train station but very noisy so wouldn't recommend it for location either.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Thank you for you’re raising your concerns, I am sorry that you had a disappointing experience with us, however on a more positive note I am pleased that you found the staff warm, welcoming and more than happy to help and assist.
Kind regards

Kerhie Harrison
Customer Service
Yorkshire
Reviewed 3 June 2010

We were very impressed with the lobby and hotel in itself, and the staff were amazing. However the room left little to desire. Dressed in grungey furnishing and mismatch furniture our room was next to the lift. They assured us they turned off the lift at 9.30pm however this was not quite correct, only one is closed over night and the other kept us awake all night. There was also an unexpected amount of shouting and banging in the corridors. Not quite what you would expect from the prestige lobby and exterior. Worst nights sleep of our life unfortunately. The breakfast on the other hand was amazing. We would recommend this hotel due to the great staff and amenities outside the room, however ensure you are not to be dumped in a room next to the lift.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Kerhie, Customer Service at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 7 June 2010
Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry that you felt that the room was a little disappointing. On a more positive note, I am delighted that you enjoyed our infamous breakfast and that the staff were more than accommodating to your needs, I will certainly pass on your thoughts to our team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards Kerhie Harrison Customer Service
Portpatrick
Reviewed 31 May 2010

Just spent two nights with my fella in the Queens and what a fabulous break - the staff could not have been more helpful.

Was a bit disappointed on the first night, although the room and bed were enormous, it was bang opposite the lift which woke us up in the early hours. I requested if we could change our room the following day, and the lovely receptionist (sorry I didn't get your name, blond hair very pretty) said as a treat for my birthday would upgrade us to a deluxe room on the 5th floor. This was excellent, no noise whatsover, and the quality of the room was superb again bed was massive ! I cannot comment on the food as we did not eat there. But the staff and service we received was second to none !

Hotel is in prime position for pubs, eating out and shopping (didn't do any of the latter we did mostly pub crawling). There is an excellent curry restaurant just round the corner opposite Scarborough Taps pub. If you want a late breakfast go to Wotherspoons up the road or try the Merrion Centre one, the breakfasts are amazing !!

Once again, thanks for a wonderful weekend, will definitely be coming back !!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Kerhie, Customer Service at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 2 June 2010
Thank you for your positive feedback, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff both friendly and helpful. It’s always nice to receive positive feedback and I will pass on your thoughts to our team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards Kerhie Harrison Customer Service