“Great Hotel.”

Ranked #10 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2010

Me and the wife stayed here Friday and saturday night and found the hotel to be excellent. Only problem we had was that the postcode they gave us was the address of the booking office therefore ring them to make sure you have the right postcode. One way system around the hotel is a total nightmate which took us around 20 minutes to find a way to the hotel including travelling through no entry signs and through bus links.

Once there the hotel exceeded our expectations especially for the price paid.

Rooms are smallish but of good quality and cleanliness.

Hotel is very central and everything is right on your doorstep.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Kerhie, Customer Service at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 20 July 2010
Thank you for your positive feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that once you arrived we more than met expectations. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards Kerhie Harrison Customer Service

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

My bofriend and I stayed in one of the q club rooms and it was great. The private lounge was great, and the blacony had great views. I really felt special. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Kerhie, Customer Service at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 14 July 2010
Thank you for your positive feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you thought our QClub rooms exceeded your expectations, we are extremely proud of our new executive floor. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards Kerhie Harrison Customer Service
Lytham St Annes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2010

We stayed at this hotel on Sat 3rd July for a night out in Leeds. Room was really nice and our booking was for a bottle wine in our room which was lovely. We were staying with another couple and we had rooms next to each other which was nice. The location is fantastic for drinking and shopping. The only downfall was a 30 min wait for breakfast, as we wanted a table for 4, we had to wait longer, while those who wanted a table for 2 didnt seem to have to wait.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Kerhie, Customer Service at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 13 July 2010
Thank you for your positive feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for raising your concerns regarding the queue for breakfast, we will endeavour to improve this. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards Kerhie Harrison Customer Service
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2010

Found and paid for this using Airmiles. Very convenient for the rail station and exploring the centre of Leeds. Lovely clean, air-conditioned room.
Our only complaint was the 20 minute queue for breakfast on the Sunday morning. The breakfast was buffet style and there was plenty to choose from.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your positive feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for raising your concerns regarding the queue for breakfast on Sunday morning, we will endeavour to rectify this in the future. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards Kerhie Harrison Customer Service
Hull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2010

My husband and I stayed the first weekend in July at the Queens Hotel in Leeds. We enjoy Leeds and regularly stay in the Malmaison or surrounding hotels.

We arrived at the Queens to be greeted by very curtious and friendly staff. The hotel is in a fantastic location near to the train station and the main shops, bars etc. I cannot believe I had missed this beautiful hotel on previous visits to the city.

We decided to upgrade our stay to the new Q Club. After chatting to staff upon booking, I looked forward to my visit immensily. However, it exceeded my expectations on every count.

The hotel is beautiful. The QClub rooms are fantastic. Very modern, very peaceful. Really top class. I am so pleased I stayed in the QClub and would certainly book again.

The benefits of staying at the top of the hotel are the extras you receive. Service is second to none. There are only 18 rooms so it is peaceful and you dont have the usual hussle and bustle of door slamming and corridor noises of regular hotel rooms. As this really does feel like a private area. The lounge was perfect to welcome us from our afternoons shopping. Lovely hot drinks, cold drinks, home made cookies, newspapers, flat screen tvs, computer and an outside seating area to relax were just a few of the benefits.

Having access to the lounge meant we were not confined to our bedroom and the wine and beers inclusive after 5.30 were a lovely start to our evening ahead. The hotel bedrooms are not huge but they are very well laid out, very very clean, modern, funky and the quality of everything is second to none.

Continental breakfast in the lounge was fantastic and again very personal. I felt really spoilt during my visit and you certainly feel that you are in the executive suite staying in the QClub. My hubby fancied a full english so we also visited the main hotel restaurant for breakfast and again it was lovely.

The staff were lovely and were very helpful and accommodating. This hotel is everything you would expect from 4* but staying in the QClub is luxury and we were pleased we upgraded. If you weigh up what you get extra from the QClub (refurbished room with excellent facilities (the bed and bedding were gorgeous), the lounge, peace and quiet, that feeling of something special away from the main hustle and bustle of the hotel. The QClub is definitely for you.

We will return. I wouldnt consider another Leeds hotel again (we have tried most of them) as there is nothing to beat the QClub. Highly, highly recommended and I would be happy to say if I wasnt impressed.

We have a one and two year old so really wanted a relaxing stay. Thank you so much as we went home relaxed and well rested. We will be back soon. My comments are on our stay in the QClub which are on the website and explains life at the top of the hotel :-)

3 Thank the4bennetts
Thank you for your positive feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the QClub executive floor exceeded your expectations, we are extremely proud of our new exclusive product. I’m also pleased that you found our staff warm and friendly; I will certainly pass on your thoughts to our team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards Kerhie Harrison Customer Service
Crewkerne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2010

Stayed 1 night in Leeds with friend at Queens Hotel - so impressed with the lovely decor. They just spent huge money on restoring the hotel to its original Art Deco period. Great , comfortable well thought out guest rooms and it didnt stop there. The staff were so warm and friendly, from reception desk to parking service. Excellent breakfast. Location right in centre of Leeds next to Railway station. Would go again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank beechcroft
Thank you for your positive feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you thought our efforts in restoring this fantastic building to its former glory has not been in vain. I’m also pleased that you found our staff warm and friendly, I will certainly pass on your thoughts to our team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards Kerhie Harrison Customer Service
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2010

I like to stay either here of at the hilton in Leeds. I am from south Leeds but it is easier staying at one of these hotels then getting a taxis back home.

The hotel is quite well kept, tired in some place but the rooms are great and the staff are plesant.

You do get the feeling you in a much grander hotel when in the lobby.

It is definaltey a good hotel to stay in. Would recoommend.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank barryfryus
Kerhie, Customer Service at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 30 June 2010
Thank you for your positive feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found that our staff welcoming, I will certainly pass on your thoughts to our team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards Kerhie Harrison Customer Service