“Pure Luxury”

Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Pure Luxury”
Reviewed 5 November 2010

What more can i say...we arrived and were treated like kings and by the end of the night we were laughing and joking with the barman like we were best freinds. I can not praise the hotel enough....i only hope another of my mates are getting married soon...then i'll have an excuse to return!!!

I big thank you to all your wonderful staff for making the weekend truly special (the bits i can remeber anyway!!).

• Stayed October 2010
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 10 November 2010
Dear Jamzzee

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Queens, it’s a delight to read that you had such a fantastic stay and that you found our team more than welcoming, they are the true heart of this hotel, I will certainly pass on your kind thoughts to them.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon, please contact me personally and I will do everything I can to further enhance your stay.

David Kanarens

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (628)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2010

Having previously stayed in the Queens I cannot recommend it enough, it is a fantastic location and has all of the ammenities I would ask for.

I now stay in Leeds one night a week for business, and it was only the price that stopped me booking the Queens for the 2 years I will be down here!

Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Dear GordonBaird

Thank you again for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Queens, it’s nice to see that we are consistently getting it right.

We do offer a Breakaway Club membership which offers a range of benefits including money off vouchers and added extras for just a minimal one off fee for life. Please do get in touch if you would like more information on becoming a member queensreservations@qhotels.co.uk
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and hope that you become a most valued guest.

Warmest regards

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2010

This year I have stayed in several hotels in Leeds including the Hilton and City Inn, neither of which compare to the Queens Hotel in the slightest. In my own opinion, the bedroom was spacious and great value for money, well equipped and thought out. The hotels location is amazing with it being situated next to the train station, making the commute less stressful, especially if you’re travelling with the little ones. Richard the barman was funny, friendly, and attentive this alone set the hotel apart from the others.
All in all, it was a fabulous couple of days. Thank you

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 5 November 2010
Dear Matthew

Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback, it goes without saying that we're absolutely delighted that you had a great stay with us. Over the last 5 years we have spent over £10million on The Queens and have also recently invested a further £500,000 to create the QClub floor and private executive lounge on the top floor and are thrilled that you appreciated our efforts.

I will certainly pass on your thoughts to our team and in particular Richard. We are all extremely proud of our magnificent hotel, and the team are the true heart of its success.

Thank you again for your recommendations and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

London
Reviewed 28 October 2010

The Queens hotel is situated in the heart of the city - minutes walk around the corner from the main transport hub of Leeds train station. The Queens is an imposing building that exudes elegance from the moment you step into the main foyer. All public areas are well kept with an Art Deco theme - the kind that isn't in your face but subtle in areas and exact where it needs to be...

My stay started off with a speedy check-in together with helpful advice on where I could eat in or eat out at Leeds' many restaurants, drink at bars or just stroll along the pedestrianised shopping precincts.

The hotel room was quite spacious for a standard room - with a fresh looking newly renovated bathroom that had all the fixtures and fittings you'd need for a comfortable stay. My room over looked the main City Square outside the hotel - very quiet inside with the buzz of the city zooming by outside, great nights sleep!

I had a couple of hours to roam around the city before boarding a train back to London. Concierge offers to take your luggage off your hands and stow away until your return - leaving you to walk around the many shops and see interesting sights within walking distance without the 'dragging' of luggage.

I would recommend anyone to stay here, be it family, couples or solo travellers. I am looking forward to staying again soon.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Lancs
Reviewed 27 October 2010

We stayed at The Queens for 2 nights. The location is great, right next to the train station and only a few minutes walk to restaurants, shops and bars. The room was fine, nice and clean but nothing special. The staff were very helpful in advising us on the best places to go in the area, and gave us a little map to help us on our way. We would probably stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Northwich
Reviewed 14 October 2010

We attended a Rotary conference, with a group of over 200. Travel by rail, was easy, hotel very close to the station. The rooms were good, large, comfortable beds, good bathroom.
Of the 2 lifts, one broke down, twice. We ate 4 meals in the hotel, 2 breakfasts, 2 evening meals. The food and service at breakfasts, and at a buffet evening were really bad, the worst I can remember since school meals over 50 years ago. The other evening meal food was still bad, but the evening enjoyable because we had good entertainment, and a few drinks

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 19 October 2010
Dear MichaelMelville

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Queens and I thank you for your particular comments regarding your dining experience. I am saddened to read your review particularly as we had received so much positive feedback regarding the event, predominantly from the event organiser. On a more positive note, I am delighted that you had a very enjoyable evening in spite of your dining experience.

Please be assured that despite the lift breaking down on one occasion, this has now been rectified. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you once again for your comments and I hope that it hasn't tainted your view of the hotel when staying in the city in future.

Yours sincerely

Philadelphia
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Leeds: Queens Hotel, Art Deco glamour throughout the hotel and a great location for my 6 days enjoying local sights

I very much enjoyed my stay. I love Art Deco, and appreciate that the Queen's Hotel has not only an Art Deco exterior and gorgeously restored Art Deco lobbies. but that even the hallways and bedrooms are furbished in Art Deco style!

I booked a single room for my 6 night stay. I was given a large room with a huge, comfortable bed, a flat screen TV, and a bathroom with a heated towel rack & nice toiletries. I asked for a room quiet from outside noise and away from the lifts, and was given a room on the 7th floor that was quiet from noise from the outside & away from the lifts.

I didn't wish to pay a hefty 15 lbs daily for breakfast, but fortunately the front desk sold me 10 lb breakfast vouchers. Much delicious hot & cold food was in the breakfast room.

This is a 4 star hotel, but at extra price, 18 rooms on the 8th floor reportedly have 5 star amenities.

After arrival by train from Leeds (and having previously seen York) I spent my 1st day sightseeing downtown, especially the gorgeous Victorian shopping arcades and Kirksgate City Market. 2nd day, I enjoyed the Royal Armories, a mile walk from the hotel. 3rd day, I walked to the bus station next to Kirksgate and took the bus to enjoy Harewood House. 4th day, I took the train (next to the hotel) to visit the interesting town of Sheffield. 5th day, I took the train to visit Bradford including the National Media Museum. 6th day, I visited Leeds City Museum and Leeds Industrial Museum. I didn't have the time to visit Temple Newsam. So, there's plenty to do from a stay based in Leeds!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, 8 October 2010
Dear HistoricHotelFan

Thank you for your comments, we’re absolutely delighted that you had a great stay with us. Over the last 5 years we have spent over £10million on The Queens and as you so highly praised, touched almost every nook and cranny restoring the hotel to its decadent Art Deco opulence.

We have also recently invested a further £500,000 to create the QClub floor and private executive lounge on the top floor and are thrilled that you appreciated our efforts.

I will certainly pass on your thoughts to our team who you are all so proud of our magnificent hotel, and the true heart of its success.