“kindness...”
Review of Avalon Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leeds
Avalon Guest House
Ranked #14 of 25 Leeds B&B and Inns
Mori, Trentino-Alto Adige, Italy
“kindness...”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

With a friend of mine I stayed 3 days, enjoying the guest house, the breakfast and in particular Siryia's kindness! Siryia is one of the staff members: she helped us, gave us all the necessary info to get around Leeds.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stayed at the guest house for four nights while I was at a conference in Leeds and were satisfied with our stay. The proximity to the University was ideal for our needs and the cost to stay was very reasonable for an academic on a budget. The room was small, but very clean and the proprietors tidied up and provided new sundries daily. Breakfast was hearty and filling and our request for no meats was accommodated with eggs and meat-free beans, as well as plenty of toast, juice, coffee, fruit, and cereal. The only real problem we had was on one occasion when we were planning to drive to York and the parking lot was so full that we couldn't get our car out, so our plans had to be changed and we missed out on an opportunity to visit one of our destinations. Otherwise, the stay was comfortable and the proprietors were very hospitable, even letting us use their umbrella one rainy evening. As others have said, a very good value.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I stayed for 2 days in June. I found everyone was very friendly and helpful. I especially liked the breakfast and all the extra help in having my own food from home.
There were minor issues of worn out key of the room which I pointed out to the owners.
Overall, a very good value for money at a good location in Leeds

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Kingston-upon-Hull
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I was very let down by the management of this guest house. I was living in Hull in East Yorkshire and enquired about staying for several weeks whilst I could find somewhere permanent to live in Leeds.In enquired about a weekly rate and they quoted me a price which was slightly more than I was paying in Hull. I travelled over specially the day after to meet the people and had arranged an approximate time to meet.; When I arrived at the guest house the people who answered the door denied all knowledge of the appointment Id made with them and they even went and checked with the manager.Evidently he'd changed his mind and he then said the price of the rooms was £25-£30 per night, quite a good rate, but they pretended that they weren't expecting me. Its possible that this was a language misunderstanding because they weren't native English speakers but nevertheless they are very savvy business people. I felt extremely let down and very angry. I went to another B&B down the road, the Glengarth guest House, but they are run by the same management. I enquired there about a weekly rate but they pretended not to understand. I am also from a diverse background myself and its possible that they had a problem with my diversity also.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Samantha M

Travellers are raving about these Leeds hotels

Llyswen, Brecon, Wales
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the guest house for 2 nights. The room was adequate but it did have a feel that the room was done on a budget. Breakfast was fine but a few niceties could have been thought of rather than serving orange juice out of the carton!

However, the location was excellent for Leeds Universities and very quiet location. Only 20 mins walk into the city and easy to park the car. The Indian hosts were really friendly and very helpful. Even though I am slightly negative for the quality of the room and breakfast, the price of £50 a night was very reasonable. Nearer to the city centre would have been almost double that!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Port Kennedy, Australia
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Our three night stay was excellent. The staff are very helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them in making our stay most enjoyable. Our first floor room looked out over the garden, and was well maintained. The breakfasts were excellent. The location was ideal as a base for exploring the surrounding countryside as well as the city itself.

Room Tip: First floor overlooking the garden
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bruce H
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I just spent the one night at the Avalon while doing some research at the University library, which is only a short walk away. I had a very nice en suite room, with television and tea/coffee facilities -- a very clean room with a lovely view of the garden, a comfortable bed and toiletries provided. The staff were friendly and efficient, and the cooked breakfast excellent. I slept like a log. I'd definitely stay here again, absolutely no problems and very good value.

Room Tip: Room 2, a nice en suite room on the ground floor, with double bed.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo