“Worst I have ever been”

Palace Chine
Price range: US$8 - US$17
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Buffet
Description: The place is in Cardigan Field Leisure Complex, Next door to the Virgin Active.
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Dirty plates ,sitting close to cleaning equipment, waiting 5 minutes for the only one type of noodles which was horrible ( full of oil) no spices. Toilet dirty!!!!!!!! And ac didn't work was warm.

1  Thank Aggie T

Reviewed 25 May 2014

As soon as I walked in with a large group of family, I knew that coming here for lunch was a mistake. Any restaurant in a prime location in a large city should be fairly busy on a bank holiday Sunday lunchtime- apart from us 5 there was one other couple eating at the far end of the seating area.

Poor quality ingredients which have spent the past 24 hours in the same filthy warming trays combined with staff who sit around on their iPhones instead of clearing away dishes really does constitute a poor dining experience. I have just seen that this establishment scored a ZERO in a recent food hygiene inspection and I can totally understand why.

4  Thank Aled W
Reviewed 13 May 2014

If you're looking for this restaurant in the Cardigan Fields complex it now says "Chinese Buffet" and not Palace Chine outside. I have been here on about 6 occasions now and have always been fairly satisfied. I don't eat meat or dairy, but have still found enough choice for myself. Friends and family that I have been with have been happy with the food. There is quite a wide choice of food for the main course but the food choice for dessert is somewhat limited to just fruit and ice cream. I have been there on occasions when the waitress removes plates quite quickly, but also on other occasions when she didn't. It's not a great atmosphere inside, though better in the front section than the rear. All-in-all, it's decent value for money, but the absence of Chinese customers I think tells its own story that they know there are better places to dine in the Leeds area.

1  Thank LakeHopper48
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We got sat comfortably however when it came to eating, the food was very poor and tasted terrible. The staff were sat on their phones behind the bar. The desert was fruit and ice cream (not really much optio n) we then paid the bill and realized they had over charged us by £4. Now we did leave and say we wont be going there again but the real reason i have gone to this effort in writing a review is because for the last 3 hours we have all been on and off the toilet! Not a coincidence!

1  Thank thumbertina16
Reviewed 11 March 2014

So I used to come here years ago & thought it was amazing and seen as I had not been in so long I thought I would give it another try.

I went with quite a few of my girlfriends & we booked a table however when we got there, they didn't have a table for us, and shoved us upstairs, nobody else was up there, we had to push two tables together ourselves whilst the waiter just watched us.

We had to go to the bar, get our own drinks, carry them upstairs ourselves then go back down to get food. When we went to get food, most things were cold, there was scraps of chips left & all the sauces were so low I couldn't even get any. So when they eventually brought some more chips out. They were awful, dried out and hard. I got these chicken skewers which were quite nice until i noticed the chicken was pink. Noticeably pink not just a little bit!! So then I was scared to eat any of the main meals incase they were not cooked properly.

The desert options were shocking. I got a piece of desert but didn't even touch it, there was only a few pieces left and was never replaced.

Definitely the worst Chinese buffet I have ever been to & didn't enjoy it at all.

After I had been there I found out it was rated 0 for hygiene and made me feel sick that I'd gone in there! I will not be returning.

4  Thank LauraHumphry