“Best bakery I know.”
Review of Dumouchel

Dumouchel
Ranked #5 of 9 Bakeries in Leeds
Cuisines: French
Description: French Bakery in my Village! For months I've been complaining that I can't find a decent croissant in the area. (My uncle lives near Lille, France and I get spoiled when I go down to visit) So one day I mentioned this problem to a contractor who was working on one of our rental properties. He told me about Dumouchel and I went to check it out. It turns out this bakery had been on the outskirts of Garforth/Leeds for the last 14 years! Though I'm a recent transplant from America, my fiance and her family have been here for 15 years! So it turns out the baker is originally from France and married a local leeds gal and set up shop. I swing by a few times a week now for a range of items including their croissants, baguettes and chocolates. Saturdays is my favorite day to pop by as they make a special bread only on that day. It's crunchy/chewy on the outside crust and soft in the inside. Love it! I'm told they also import in a special type of milled flour from France that can't be found in the UK; maybe why I love this bakery almost as much as I love visiting my Uncle in France. Anyways, I'm excited about this little find and they know me on a first name basis; it adds to my feeling of knowing the community.
“Best bakery I know.”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I am a regular customer, in fact we get all our bread from here. And other tempting treats from time to time. Cannot fault any aspect of this bakery.

• Visited April 2014

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Best bakery in the area”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Been coming here for years, fantastic baked goods. Excellent for gift ideas too.
Desserts to die for.

Visited September 2013
“A hidden treasure.”
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

I've visited Dumouchel more than once now and I've got to say it's by far the best bakery I've ever been to. The chocolate is second to none and if you go anytime before Easter you'll be spoilt for choice by the huge/stunning selection of hand crafted eggs on display. The pastries are unlike anything you'll find anywhere in Yorkshire. A truly authentic taste of French cuisine tucked away near Garforth centre. A must visit for any food lover.

• Visited September 2013
west yorkshire
“Quaint little shop - nice treat”
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

We visited dumuchel this week for a treat. The shop is lovely, the staff polite and friendly.

We got a sandwich each and treated ourselves to a cake too. Bill was just short of £10.

Sandwiches were divine and cakes looked lovely (bit sickly for me).

Would definitely recommend x

• Visited June 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Really nice fresh tasting goodies!!”
Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

This place is a hidden away but it's full of tasty surprises!! Would recommend!! Would get anyone that goes to try the ice cream or any of there amazing cakes