“Best Thai/Asian food I've ever tasted!”

My Thai at the Old Steps
Ranked #96 of 2,266 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$2 - US$39
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Thai food cooked fast and fresh a menu of almost 100 choices and special foodie dishes too including all the old favourites too. 26 York Place Leeds 0113 245 0482
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Went as part of a big social dining group. We pretty much filled the place! Service was flawless and friendly from all the staff there though, and the food was amazing!

We were served a selection of things, and there was plenty of it. Spice level was just right for me too, I'm a bit of a wus when it comes to chilli!

So flavourful, and a nice intimate atmosphere. Would definately come back and recommend it to others!

1  Thank JDC85

Reviewed 4 August 2016

Since finding this little gem we have been regular diners at My Thai @ the old steps.
We love this place, the food the service and the atmosphere is perfect. The early bird menu of a starter, main, side and a pint of Thai beer or glass of wine is amazing value. If I had my way I would eat here every day.

1  Thank handsfree35
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

Never fails to impress me the quality of the food here. The satay sauce alone I could sit and mop up with a loaf. The yellow curry, well I could eat it daily and then stick a straw in and slurp the rest up. Although the heads getting turned more often now by the Mussamun. Fantastic staff, good range of drinks and for the quality and freshness of the food it's really great value for money.

If I had to really be negative, it's a touch warm in the restaurant but that's really nit picking and can easily be combatted with an ice cold pint of lager. The gin also works wonders too

1  Thank Matthew W
trees007, Business Support Manager at My Thai at the Old Steps, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2016

Thank you so much for the lovely review and regular custom!!!!!

Reviewed 1 August 2016

Stayed at the Ellington next door and found this place by accident. Great Thai food papaya salad is delicious . Super friendly staff,reasonable drinks prices and warm friendly atmosphere . It was full on a Friday evening and deserved to be. If I lived in Leeds I would be there every week . Highly recommended

1  Thank lorriScotland

You just need to move to Leeds now!!!!! :) Thank you for the review!!!!

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Woke up yesterday with tonsillitis - only thing for it chicken soup!

I didn't fancy a rough old tin of soup so my colleague got me a take out from My Thai. £6.50 for a delicious bowl of healthy goodness that filled me up ready for my busy afternoon of meetings - I didn't reach for a single biscuit!

Quality not slimy chicken, loads of delicious broth and noodles - can't go wrong! can't wait to try some other yummy things next time! Ok so it's a beige colour with little bits of green spring onion, but who cares when it's sooooo tasty!

2  Thank FlippitL

So we just discovered our food is medicinal too!!!! :) Thanks for the review and hope you feel better.