“Hidden Gem!”

Price range: US$2 - US$38
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Thai food cooked fast and fresh a menu of almost 100 choices and special foodie dishes too including all the old favourites too. 26 York Place Leeds 0113 245 0482
Reviewed 15 August 2016

You'd walk past this place if you didn't know it wasn't there.
We booked a meal for a hen party but they didn't appear to have our booking. The staff member was clearly mortified and told us to have a drink next door and they'll have a table sorted in 15 minutes. We did and when we returned she had a table all cleared for us, despite the restaurant being full when we had arrived and small - this was impressive turnaround.
The food was incredible, so so authentic and the staff were absolutely delightful. Excellent value for money too.

1  Thank FayeV87

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Intimate and very relaxed environment. Food is reasonably cheap and delicious. Service is quick and prompt. Will definitely come back

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Went to My Thai, for the first time, as part of a dining group which meant we had the whole restaurant - we've visited places that have struggled to cater for a large group simultaneously often leading to a lack of quality of food. Not here - they handled it (seemingly) effortlessly. The staff were all incredibly friendly and attentive and the atmosphere was great.

Now the food - wow. I love Thai Food and I've eaten at most places in Leeds but this place really stands out. I had several dishes and all were delicious. Incredible flavours, the pad thai was incredible. Vegetarians were well looked after - not getting the standard veggie alternatives but some lovely dishes.

The night was perfect and I'll definitely be returning!

1  Thank Jonathan O
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Went as part of a big social dining group. We pretty much filled the place! Service was flawless and friendly from all the staff there though, and the food was amazing!

We were served a selection of things, and there was plenty of it. Spice level was just right for me too, I'm a bit of a wus when it comes to chilli!

So flavourful, and a nice intimate atmosphere. Would definately come back and recommend it to others!

1  Thank JDC85
Reviewed 4 August 2016

Since finding this little gem we have been regular diners at My Thai @ the old steps.
We love this place, the food the service and the atmosphere is perfect. The early bird menu of a starter, main, side and a pint of Thai beer or glass of wine is amazing value. If I had my way I would eat here every day.

1  Thank handsfree35