“Fab hotel”
Review of Quebecs

Quebecs
Ranked #8 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Lovely hotel, it is very central only minutes walk from the train station and something different to the normal run of the mill hotel. All the staff we met were brilliant and so friendly, we had the caramel room (205) which was really nice , we liked the honesty bar and breakfast was superb, very highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
johnweatherhead, Assistant General Manager at Quebecs, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2011

It was great to read all your fantastic comments, thank you very much, I will pass them on to all our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Quebecs soon, please contact me directly so I may personally oversee your stay.

Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,158)

Reviewed 13 September 2011

I stayed here for one night in a standard double room.

The hotel is in a good location in terms of the train station and parking in local car parks and access to the city centre. It is lovely to look at and does have a luxury boutique hotel feel to it with an entrance, reception and rooms with a luxurious and traditional style.The staff were also very helpful and welcoming.

The room itself was a good size, nicely decorated and well equipped with a good sized bathroom and shower/bath. The bed is also very comfy.

My problem with this hotel was the noise. I had a ground floor room at the front of the hotel and there was constant noise. I was prepared for road noise, which I didn't think would bother me but it was much louder than I anticipated as there is no double glazing. From outside I could hear the hotel flag swinging on it's post and the noise from the Majestyk nightclub located around the corner, as well as bottle bins being emptied in the early hours. The noise from inside the room was as bad. The air conditioning units are impossible to control and intermittently start up throughout the night, which woke me up the two or three times I managed to fall asleep.

The hotel itself is lovely and the staff were great but I couldn't stay here again because of the noise. It's a shame because otherwise I found the hotel good value for money and in great location for access to the city.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank VictoriaI66

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. It was terrible to read that you had such a wonderful stay that was ruined by noise. We do have secondary glazing in our rooms, I have thought perhaps this may not have been closed properly, please accept my sincere apologies for this.

Our air conditioning can of course be turned off totally to give you peace inside the room, please contact me directly for you next visit and I will allocate our quietest possible room and set your air conditioning unit for you.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed here for one Saturday night and wanted something central but small. Booked through Laterooms we found a good rate.

The hotel is very central, we couldn't get parking, but you can you can park while unpacking outside and then i moved to a nearby car park, which was around £15 for the evening and next morning. Not too bad.

The staff were very helpful and out room, although not the biggest was very comfortable and just right for what we wanted. We were on the 3rd floor and got a good nights sleep.

You are in walking distance of everything and for us it was only a short cab ride to Kirstall Abbey too to see the Kaiser Chiefs.

Recommended Hotel

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zenman1965

I hope you had a great time seeing the Kaiser Chiefs, I heard it was very good, thank you for choosing to stay at Quebecs.

Thank you for all the kind comments regarding your stay I will pass them on to the team, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 31 August 2011

This Hotel really have the Boutique feel down to a T, Excellent Service but let down by the noise of the main loop road outside the front. My room had the balcony so the door didn't benefit from double glazing (windows did), other rooms may be better. Parking is available free of charge around the corner (6pm-8am) and a lot shorter walk than the NCP that is recommended or £14 on site parking (very limited).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank UK456

I am very sorry that your otherwise perfect stay was disturbed by noise from the road, you are indeed correct that the noise was due to the balcony door not being able to have secondary glazing, this is our only bedroom that has a balcony, which has it's own benefits but I can of course offer you a quiter room for you future stays, please accept my sincere apologies for this.

I will pass on your great feedback to our team, thank you very much.

Reviewed 18 August 2011

Great location and lovely feel about the place. Oh and thanks for the upgrade to room 105. Sort out free WiFi and a free biscuit and there's little else one could ask for.

• Stayed: August 2011

We are so glad you enjoyed you stay.

We have just in the past week been looking into upgrading our internet to include wireless connection and I have been sampling some homemade biscuits from our Chef so it is good to read that we are in touch with our guests requirments!

I hope to welcome you back soon, if there is anything I can do for you in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me,

Reviewed 8 August 2011

Spent 2 nights here (Fri and Sat) and found it just 2 mins walk from Leeds railway station. Excellent check-in and beautiful executive room on 4th floor. Air con that works, lovely furnishings and bathroom with excellent shower. Breakfast was fantastic and cooked to order and served till 11am. We did take a look at the suite which was stunning but a little out of our price range. We will certainly stay here again, it was quiet, calm and yet only minutes walk from all the shops and bars. Kelly on reception was particularly helpful.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are very spacious
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oxonpaul

Thank you so much for sharing your great experience of Quebecs, we will ensure that next time you come will be even better, please contact me personally to take your reservation .

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2011

Great first impression with the reception, staircase and stained glass window., A lovely old building but with modern rooms. The 3 things we look for in a hotel are 1) the bathroom - excellent power shower and nice and clean, 2) bed - massive and very, very comfortable and 3) breakfast - great full English, lots of choice, good service and a nice dining room. Would definitely go back as much better than a bland chain hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

It was great to read that you enjoyed you stay so much, thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

Quebecs does indeed differ greatly to the chain Hotels and can offer a far more personalised and unique experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon