“One night of luxury”

Ranked #8 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Crosby
“One night of luxury”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I chose this hotel to stay in for one night for my husbands birthday as a special treat to get a way from the kids! We felt thoroughly spoilt from the moment we arrived. After trudging through all the various chain hotels in Leeds on the Internet I chose this one and I'm so glad I did. The rooms are spacious with high ceilings and really tasteful quality furnishings. The bathroom was again spacious with an amazing high pressure shower and large bath. The location is spot on as it was not at all noisy yet you could walk there from the station, walk into town and it was very close to a couple of lovely restaurants (blackhouse on the square) did the most amazing steak frites I've ever had. The barman - Dave- deserves a mention for being so friendly and attentive. I don't think I've ever heard an employee gush so much about where they work! He'd worked in. Few hotels and could eloquently explain what made the difference at quebecs - that all the owner wanted was for the customer to be happy- such a simple thing but many hotels forget this bit. The breakfast was delicious- try the eggs benedict. The only thing I would have liked was a digital radio in the room so I could have found the radio stations I liked- had trouble tuning in the CD player.

Loved it. Will be back.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are worth the extra
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bebeCrosby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Great room service building and in the city centre fantastic don't waste your money on the chain hotels this is fantastic. The building is an ex liberal club and it is classy privately owned hotels used to be like this !

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank NickAWebster
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Nice hotel but the welcome could be better. We arrived just after 2pm following a two hour plus journey from London. After arriving at the hotel with large cases and staggering up the stairs we were met with one of the most unpleasant greetings ever. The woman at reception gruffly told us to not bring our bags any further and to leave them there; she went on to say check in is after 3pm. We had no problem about the 3pm check in but the service manner was most unpleasant. There was no hello; no welcome to Leeds; no welcome to Quebecs etc. It was very disappointing. Later, once in our room we can confirm that the executive room is spacious, well appointed and clean. The room included wifi, which worked well. I notice some other comments about the additional pre stay deposit. This was the case with us as well – unlike many hotels they seem to charge the full (three nights) room rate plus an additional 100 pounds on check in. Maybe this is an English thing but we were a bit surprised by this. Overall this was a good stay with a quality room and efficient breakfast service. Our deluxe room (402) is recommended. Some staff (breakfast and bar) were really helpful. Overall good hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BSGB
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Stayed this weekend for one night to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary! upon hearing it was a special occasion the staff upgraded us to a beautiful room on the 2nd floor! The hotel is in a stunning building and our room perfectly complimented the style, huge bed and lovely spacious bathroom! The hotel is perfectly located to walk to all the major attractions in the city! we would definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Emilyboo30
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Quebecs is a beautiful hotel in the centre of Leeds. We stayed for one night but, despite the positives would not go again. Our room was a fifth floor one which essentially was too small to be a hotel room. Nowhere to sit; no bedside table on one side and the bathroom was so small we could not stand up straight to clean teeth and using the toilet meant banging your knee on the towel rail! We were just staying after work for the theatre and didn't complain as we were rarely in the room. However we were going to report this when we checked out but the receptionist was swift and uninterested in us. When we returned we emailed, rather than put a negative review on TA but didn't get a reply - so here's the review. Do not stay on floor 5, particularly if you are over 5 ft 8!

Room Tip: Refuse floor 5
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Faulkners_10,

Thank you for your review, I am very sorry to read that you were disappointed with the size and shape of your bedroom, a small number of our Club rooms on the 5th floor are indeed a quirky shape which does appeal to many of our guests, please accept my sincere apologies for the discomfort this caused.

I personally receive all emails sent to the hotel and have now searched throughout all mail folders including deleted items but unfortunately am unable to locate your message, we very rarely receive negative feedback via email and I can assure you this would have been taken very seriously and dealt within a timely manner.

With the hotel being an old listed building all our rooms differ in size and shape, I am confident we do have the perfect room for you, please contact me directly for your future reservations and I will ensure that you are very well taken care of. johnweatherhead@quebecshotel.co.uk 0113 2448989.

Kind regards

Dartmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2013

First class all round:
Very kind and quietly attentive staff could not be better and there is nothing they will not
do or provide for you quickly and with a smile. They even helped us to the station;

Location ideal;

Facilities great;

Breakfast and bar meals etc.excellent;

Building beautiful;

The only place to stay in Leeds in future as Quebecs
could not be surpassed for us.
Go book it!

Room Tip: Ask Caroline when booking as her advice and information about the rooms is genuine and accurate.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear J0R03LL,

Thank you so much for your kind comments, it was great to read you were looked after so well by our staff and that you had such an enjoyable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed 3 nights in this hotel & woken up early each morning with a lot of noise both inside the hotel & out at 6.30am! No bathrobes or slippers as said we would get & the tv remote didn't work. We told reception but nothing was done to sort it. The minibar was unplugged as the extension it was plugged in was broken & had leaked water. The in room coffee wasn't replenished which would have been nice with us staying for a few nights & that we couldn't keep anything cool with the fridge out of action. Good city centre location but overall very disappointed especially when this was part of a celebration weekend for us & the hotel let it down. We'd expected so much more from the reviews but I wouldn't recommend or stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear worldytravel,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

I was very sorry to read of the issues you suffered in your room and that these were not rectified during your stay, please accept my sincere apologies for this.

Unfortunately I am not able to gather any further information regarding details of your stay here on TripAdvisor, I would very much like to investigate this further, I would be most grateful if you could find the time to contact me directly, johnweatherhead@quebecshotel.co.uk 0113 2448989.

Kind Regards