“Let down by front of house!”
Review of Quebecs

Quebecs
Ranked #8 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
London, UK
“Let down by front of house!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I only stayed here because the hotels I usually visit on my many trips to Leeds were not available. This is a lovely hotel and I really enjoyed my stay. My room was comfortable and very well appointed. The food was good and I would certainly stay again if I were in Leeds. However, the people on the front desk let the hotel down - I was not made to feel welcome and people didn't listen to me.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Much Wenlock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Having read all the reviews I was very disappointed to find that the hotel does not live up to its billing. On arrival at lunchtime I was unable to get a drink at the bar as there was some refurbishment going on and it wasn't opening until later. The room itself which was billed as an executive was very dated. On the positive side breakfast was very good and the location is superb but be warned threes very very limited parking. Overall a real let down

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shropshirelad63
Leeds, England
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Beautiful room with loads of space, two televisions, massive bed, great bathroom. Staff were helpful allowing us to check in early and gave good service. Would recommend for a special occasion in a central location.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have less traffic noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stevetighe
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

There are much better places to say in leeds than this hotel, I often stay in leeds I found the rooms small attention to detail poor. Terrible parking facility. Air conditioning in the room poor.

For the price I think there needs to be much improvement

On arrival there was scaffolding over the whole hotel. The window wouldn't open and due to the small space unable to see any views.

The food we ordered for room service was average at best

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bobbie S
John W, General Manager at Quebecs, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Bobbie S,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I was very sorry to read your comments and that your stay was not up to our usual high standards, we are currently having all our windows refurbished, needing the scaffolding you mentioned and taking some space from our car park.

This work is necessary to retain the splendour of our beautiful grade 2 listed building, the work will be completed by the middle of next month, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

We hope to welcome you back in the future whereupon I would like to personally oversee your stay.

Kind regards

John Weatherhead
Kent
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I travel a lot for business and often, as this week, stay in 3 different locations in one week with 3 different hotels. This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, in terms of service and customer care. The hotel is beautiful, a real period piece and my room was more like a mini suite. Throw in the great location (right by the train station) the free wi-fi,( a personal bug bear!) the incredibly reasonably priced breakfast (all fresh cooked with a great selection and local produce) and the wonderful room service (Thai curry is splendid!) and you are in for a very comfortable stay. The hotel is quiet and resulted in a great nights sleep. On a personal note, I had a very small problem, which was just a mistake, but the way the hotel manager and staff responded was incredible and even though I did not actually have a complaint, I was made to feel that my being happy was paramount. The kind of customer service you rarely find. I am back in Leeds in June and will stay nowhere else! Thank you to the manager and the staff (esp, David in the bar!)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank mandycp
Keighley, England
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Upon arrivial we were kindly upgraded to the a suite which was a kind gesture to start our weekend. Very central location, close to train station, shopping, restaurants and bars. Staff were very helpful and it was spotless. Would recommend to anyone looking for an overnight stay in Leeds.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank jamie-yorkshire
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I spent two nights here recently while in Leeds for a conference. The building, the old Liberal Club, is handsome and spacious, only a 5 minute walk from the station. The two women at the reception desk were excellent - efficient, friendly, helpful and informative. They explained about the owls (symbol of the city) that can be seen on buildings all over the city, and produced a leaflet and map - perfect for exploring. My room on the fifth floor was described as a small double, but was roomy and comfortable, with the bathroom (with l'Occitane toiletries) off a little connecting lobby. Everything was clean and comfortable, the decor was attractive, and the plate of apples on a side table was a nice extra touch. Head room was a little restricted on one side and might have bothered a tall person, so best to check your room details when booking. The room was exceptionally warm and I kept the window open, which felt wasteful. Overall, it was a lovely place and if I were ever to visit Leeds again, I would definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street side are a little noisy if you have your window open, but didn't stop me fro...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business