42 The Calls
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsfudgecomplimentary glass of wineboutique hotelriver viewhonesty baron arrivalexposed beamsprivacy hatchconverted warehouseoriginal featuresthe penthousecity centrewhite company toiletriescorn exchangecorn milllovely hotelmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2011

Stylish and comfortable hotel in a great location next to the canal and close to the city centre and leisure districts. Large comfortable bed and the room was nicely equipped throughout. There was some nice home-made fudge in the room, plus bottled water and a great range of coffees. Each of the rooms has a little service hatch beside the door (for room service etc). This was a novel touch we haven’t seen before. The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great – they offer a superb choice of sausages although unfortunately we could only choose 2! The service at breakfast was rather slow when we were there (although we don’t know if that’s representative). The hotel even sells its own marmalade which as a marmalade fan I can recommend. We had no problem finding a parking space outside the hotel.

To be honest we couldn’t find much to fault about this place - except that some of the furniture looked slightly battered. Apparently the hotel was opened as part of a regeneration project in the 1990s and some of the furniture looked like it had been there since the start. But this in no way spoiled our visit.

Room Tip: Rooms with canal view are very pleasant (although could be noisy at night at weekends)
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trainsandpiers
HBradshaw, Operations Manager at 42 The Calls, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2011

Thank you for writing a review of your visit.

I am delighted that you had a comfortable stay with us and enjoyed our selection of sausages and marmalades at breakfast.

I was concerned to read that the breakfast service was slow during your stay, I can assure you that this is not standard practice and I apologise for this lapse in service.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future so you can sample more of the 12 sausages on offer!

Reviewed 8 July 2011

Picked this from the reviews and it was just fabulous. We had really quirky room that was actually quite small but wonderful features such as exposed beams but a very comfortable. Bathroom very modern and clean with a fantastic show (the first thing I look at when I get to a hotel). Could have stayed in it for hours, apologies to everyone else in the hotel if they got cold water after me :)

Terrific breakfast with so much choice and all the great marmalades to try. No bar in the hotel but a seating area where you could help yourself to the drinks and log what you had for the staff to pick up later an add to the bill. A very nice trusting touch which we liked

Location could not have been better. Some of the best bars in Leeds starting 100 yards from the door and Bibi's restaurant within 5 minutes walk which I would also recommend trying.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gkellett

Thank you for taking the time to post your complimentary review.

It is very rewarding to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I will ensure that the team are aware of your comments.

We aim to supply a good choice at breakfast and I am glad you found this the case during your visit.

I hope we will be able to give you a warm welcome to the hotel in the near future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 21 June 2011

We enjoyed everything about the hotel. Staff were lovely, accomodation was better than we expected and the location was excellent. After a full day shopping it was the perfect place to relax.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
HBradshaw, Manager at 42 The Calls, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2011

Thank you for your complimentary review, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back to 42 The Calls in the near future and if there is anything at all the team or I can do to make your stay more comfortable then please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 19 June 2011

Great hotel.

The staff were extremely helpful and welcoming, a glass of wine on arrival and escorted to our room, very helpful in advice about how to get around, booking taxi's etc.

The room itself was quite small but very pretty and immaculately clean. Big bay window and sill overlooking the water which was lovely. Comfortable bed, great bathroom and complimentary water/tea/coffee etc. Modern and stylish decor. It was also very quiet and secure.

The location is ideal, walking distance to shops / bars / restaurants. Great bar serving food right next door with outdoor seating.

Couldn't fault this hotel, highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for posting your detailed review, I will ensure all the staff see your comments.

I am sure they will be as thrilled as I am, as we always strive to give the best service from the moment you book.

Reviewed 19 June 2011

we really enjoyed our stay. the room was lovely and well presented. the location was great and the service was faultless.
there were only two things that could be improved-air conditioning the room got a little hot so had to open the window, which meant was a little noisey., Occasionally you could hear upstairs walking around.
this would not put us off staying again. had a lovely time!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for all your comments and I am delighted you had a lovely time.

Unfortunately we do not have air-conditioning, however, when you next stay with us, please let me know and I will arrange for a fan to be placed in your room.