“Calls is always calling......”
Review of 42 The Calls

42 The Calls
Ranked #43 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Stayed many times at 42 The Calls over the last three years.... Hotel never changes .... Nice entrance, warm greeting and glass of vino...Had some fab evenings there... I've stayed in most of the rooms from the study rooms to the junior suites but on Sunday 13th January had the penthouse suite and I will say compared to all their other rooms its fantastic for a boutique hotel in Leeds near to the canal... All rooms are lovely there but i would recommend to try get a room overlooking the canal and the penthouse suite room 302 sure they film emmerdale here ha ha....There must have been a staff change in the last few months as the same faces are not there and to be honest it's a nicer environment with the staff there now... From entering, the receptionist she was brilliant so friendly on Sunday evening im sure she was spanish??? She even got myself and friends to Thai edge by 830pm...Breakfast was yummy good menu better than malmasion as i stay there often too..... I just didn't want to leave on Monday morning.... Upon leaving I got a £20 discount voucher to use by end of January and I will be there again tomorrow evening or if not not before Sunday... Ringing first thing in the morning ........

Room Tip: Book penthouse room 302 it's fantastic :) Ps no fitness centre I can't click back to zero :)
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
MissHelenBradshaw, Operations Manager at 42 The Calls, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Thank you for your 5/5 rating.

As a repeat customer it was lovely to read that you are still coming back to 42 The Calls and always having a good experiance.

The Penthouse Suite is beautiful because it really shows off the character of the building with the exposed beams and yes you would be right about the filming, it was very exciting day for us.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards

Helen Bradshaw
Operations Manager

There are newer reviews for 42 The Calls

Reviewed 9 January 2013

We enjoyed at 1 night stay in December at 42 The Calls. The hotel is in a good location close to Leeds Market and The Corn Exchange. The reception staff are very friendly and helpful. We checked our luggage in as we had arrived quite early when we returned the luggage was in our room. The room was well appointed and the bed was huge. We had a lovely view over the river. The breakfast was lovely and cooked to order - again the staff were very friendly and helpful. The only downside is the parking. You can leave your car outside for a short stay but not overnight. The reception staff directed us to an NCP which is approx. 5 minutes walk. You receive a discounted rate on the parking charges. Overall I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

1  Thank MaryAnnSmithy

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Your comments are greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards

Helen Bradshaw
Operations Manager

Reviewed 31 December 2012

We enjoyed a short stay with our 2 Springer Spaniels at 42 The Calls!
The location was perfect to access the town for shopping and a vast choice of restaurants, all within walking distance.
The welcome we received from the very friendly staff was really good and our room we found spacious, very comfortably appointed and especially clean and fresh.
We were pleased to see a thoughtful welcome for our 2 spaniels of biscuits and fresh water.
Breakfast was really excellent and relaxed with again great service.
Being inner city car parking was limited to an multi-storey a few minutes walk away, the hotel provided a preferential rate.
We have now found our preferred hotel for future visits to Leeds.
John & Mel - Stone Staffordshire.

Room Tip: We recommend upgrade to a superior room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Full of character and wonderfully located for those who enjoy historic Leeds, only a short walk from the shops etc. We found the staff to be exceptionally friendly and helpful and loved every minute of our one night stay. The only quibbles were that the bedroom was a bit warm even with all the heating turned off - thanks to excellent sound proofing, and having to pay rather a lot for water because you can't drink the tap water. We managed to cope with the tiny complimentary bottle! Lovely big bedroom and bathroom with luxurious bedding, towels and toiletries, and fantastic breakfast overlooking the river and wharves.
Very much hope to go again!

Reviewed 21 December 2012

I stayed at "42 The Calls" in December 2012 with a friend. From the moment we arrived the staff could not do enough to help make our stay most comfortable & enjoyable.
We asked the receptionist (I think her name was Abbie) to book a table for us in Leeds on a Saturday night. After countless phonecalls to various restaurants we were unable to get a reservation.The staff were so helpful & set up a table for 2 in the cosy bar area. there we were served a three-course meal from the room service menu, it was well presented and attentively served. The Hotel rooms have lovely views of the Canal, the rooms are clean, cosy & very "homely". Room service is with you in under 10 minutes with a smile. The breakfasts are wonderful, with several choices of their homemade sausages. All in all a lovely boutique Hotel & although only a two minute walk to the centre of Leeds, without all the hassle & bussle of being in the City.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the canal.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2012 via mobile

Beautiful hotel but you have to search for the staff and when you find them I wished I hadn't! We checked in at 3.30Pm and was told our room wasn't ready, so no big deal! We left our luggage and went shopping. We returned at 6 to be told our luggage was in our room. When we got to our room it was not there. I rang reception to tell them they was a mistake and asked someone to bring it up. I was told they was to busy and would have to get it myself. When I went to reception they was no one there and my bags where left behind the desk. After 5 mins I got my luggage and took it to my room. Through out the stay I felt like the staff believed they was doing us a favour, with exception to the waiter who served a beautiful breakfast. Beautiful hotel but very under staffed, maybe this is why they are so rude!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Mhjnr
Reviewed 16 December 2012

My Wife and I stayed here as we had a work christmas party just up the road. On arrival there was a complimetary glass of mulled wine, Check in was quick and efficient and all the staff were friendly. The room was great noce and large with a very comfortable bed. Cathroom again large with decent towels and complimentary soap etc. I didn't experience any problems with noise from the street but potentially this could be an issue as there are many bars and restuarants in the area.
Would definitely stay again and at the price we paid was definitely worth it and saved getting the train back home at 1 in the morning.