42 The Calls
US$69
US$67
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Milford Hotel(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$61
Priceline
US$98
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Leeds East Hotel(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$91
PremierInn.com
All reviewsfudgecomplimentary glass of wineboutique hotelriver viewhonesty baron arrivalexposed beamsprivacy hatchconverted warehouseoriginal featuresthe penthousecity centrewhite company toiletriescorn exchangecorn milllovely hotelmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I can remember staying here around 20 years ago when it first opened and the rest of the area had not been done up. At that time it was very good, loved the fact the rooms where all different and excellent service. Can still remember a table in the reception that was a wooden hippo and the glass top looked like the water with its eyes above the service.

The table was gone and internally it now looked slightly tired but still has great service and offered an excellent breakfast. I had a last minute deal at a very reasonable price for a hotel of this quality. So nice not to be in a big chain where every room is the same

Dropped the 1 star as not as good as I remember it when it opened but would definitely use again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I live only a couple of hours from Leeds, so don't often need a hotel. An early morning business meeting meant that I needed to stay over the night before, get a good night's sleep and be ready to go first thing.

At least that was the plan.

As it was I got next to no sleep thanks to the merrie folk of Leeds - off their noggins on the local swill and shouting, screaming and urinating in the street until 0348am, and this on a week night.

The hotel can't change its location, but it can fit double glazing. I would suggest it as a priority.

Room : ok. Bed : ok. Breakfast, ok if pricey.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank blerk
Reviewed 6 May 2014

As someone who carries out 'mystery visits' for a living I'm not easily, or often, impressed at the service I receive at some establishments. My stay at 42 The Calls this bank holiday weekend was not a 'mystery visit' but purely social on my part - and I could not have been more satisfied. I read various reviews before I made the booking and as the majority were pretty positive - usually a good sign - decided to give this hotel a try and myself and my partner were glad we did - as we had a great stay.
We stayed 3 nights (at a special discount rate found on the hotel website) and found all the staff efficient, knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. It wasn't perfect but the few little niggles (e.g. only one bath towel instead of two and no hand soap - only wall mounted - which we hate!) were quickly rectified and with a smile too. All the parts of the hotel we saw were clean, in good condition and nicely decorated. Also, we loved the fact there was an 'honesty bar' downstairs - something we hadn't seen for a really long time - and the free glass of wine on arrival and sweeties left in the room each day were nice little touches. Our room was a deluxe so was a good size and we also had a view of the river. That's something we appreciated, staying for 3 nights, and it also meant there was very little noise outside at night.
The 'full English' breakfast was excellent and how nice to have full cream milk (had forgotten how nice that tastes), real butter, and lovely freshly baked bread. It should be said that the bacon on our breakfasts was a bit over-cooked - and that was pretty much the only thing we had to complain about - so on that basis top marks to 42 The calls!

Room Tip: Ask for one with a view of the river as it's a nice view and quiet too.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

A fabulous weekend has been had based at 42 The Calls. Great venue, comfortable room, and friendly staff (especially the 'Smartie lady' who leaves smarties on the end of your bed after turning the bed down for the night). We will definitely be returning!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris T
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed at 42 the calls as a birthday treat, we were made most welcome, the staff are all very friendly and helpful. We had a night out in a leeds restaurant and returned to a fabulas rooms with great views across the river Aire. We were very impressed.

Breakfast was quirky, lots of special touches, including the specialist jams and honey. The breakfast was amazing, served by really helpful staff

The room was amazing, we stayed in a beautiful suite, with great views, we will be back!

Room Tip: We had the best suit in the hotel, would always try to stay in that one if we return.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple