“Cheap clean basic accomodation”
Review of Glengarth Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leeds
Glengarth Hotel
Ranked #12 of 25 Leeds B&B and Inns
Yorkshire
“Cheap clean basic accomodation”
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We needed somewhere to stay near the university and there wasnt much choice, looked on their website and wasnt looking forward to staying here but it looked the best of a bad bunch,

I was pleasantly suprised, yes the rooms are basic, but for £45 for a double room including a full english i have no complaints. Rooms are clean, bedding was nice, tea & coffee & hairdryer provided & theres a small free car park. Small flat screen tv in room aswell. Small (newly refurbished) bathroom with shower. Area was very quiet yet 5 minutes into town.

If i needed to stay in this area again i would book this B&B again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tonilouise

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Just come back from staying atvthe Glengarth for a friends stag do. It does exactly what you would want in a budget hotel - clean rooms, comfy beds and very powerful showers. Owner very friendly too.

• Stayed May 2011
8 Thank Npiddy
warwickshire
Reviewed 21 February 2011

My daughter and I stayed at the Glengarth before her interview at Leeds Uni. We were greeted with friendly smiles and shown our rooms - two good sized rooms - one with a double bed and the other with two double beds, both with brand new shower rooms. The rooms were extremely clean and well equipped with a TV, hairdryer, tea and coffee, towels and soap. The beds were comfortable and the sheets were starched white and clean. During our stay there were continuing refurbishments being carried out and everyone - workmen and hotel staff alike were concerned that we should not be inconvenienced by them. For breakfast we chose the continental breakfast and were given a complimentary glass of orange juice. We were allowed to leave my car in the hotel car park for as long as we liked the next day which saved a lot of money and hassle finding a car park. For value for money the hotel was unbeatable. There were small flaws - the hot tap didn't work in my bedroom. I told the manager - he said he would see it it and I am sure that he did. The room and ensuite shower room were a little cold, but not so much that it mattered, and for the price I didn't expect it to be perfect. This hotel is really trying to be clean, comfortable and to offer a friendly service and it succeeds on all fronts.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank dishmop
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 18 July 2010

i persuade that this is one of a finest hotel that can be trust with. compared to all other hotels that i had stayed in i this one is fairly cheaper. customer service is fabulous ....i really enjoyed the experience

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank ramphoh123
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed 24 June 2010

Described as friendly and family run, this colourfully decorated B&B has all the basic features. With single rooms starting at £28 I’d definitely opt for the more expensive room with en-suite although even my room (£36), described as the “big room”, could only fit a double bed and a small folding chair. It also featured the shower as part of the bedroom next to the small built in wardrobe. The breakfast choice was “continental” (cereal and toast) or full English with tea/coffee and orange juice. The place was clean enough and the towels replaced daily. I wouldn’t recommend staying here for more than 1-2 nights; the main feature is the close proximity to the University and city centre. If you only need a no-frills bed for the night then this place is ideal.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank PennyLayne85
Yorkshire, UK
Reviewed 21 August 2008

Looking for somewhere (on tripadvisor site) for relatives from abroad to stay for a few days, not too expensive. I am unable to accomodate them. I came across the Glengarth B & B which seemed to have reasonable reviews (apart from not accepting credit cards) from past clients. I then found on a website (a1tourism) for Glengarth Hotel that states that credit cards ARE accepted, an obvious improvement and helpful for most travellers to know.

Stayed August 2006
2 Thank Barrie-C
leicester
Reviewed 7 August 2008

The Glengarth Hotel Leeds, takes its name from Glen (a valley, typically one that is long, deep, and often glacially U-shaped) and Garth (an enclosed yard or garden). Well, we didn't get the chance to see their garden but travellers, it is situated at the top of a valley.

The gentleman that greated our party on arrival could not smile wide enough. His beaming grin is just what the exhausted traveller needs the most. Previous reviewers have noted that the hotel has a cash only policy. It is worth remebering that the chinese use the same word for crisis as they do for opportunity.
A bracing stroll later, I estimate at one hundred yards, we've not only paid, but sampled the surroundings.

The rooms were not spacious, nor were they lush but they were real. You will not find a replica hotel in each town of this land. No, this is unique. My room even had a sun roof!

I cannot pass comment on breakfast as I didn't get the chance to sample. Not the hotels fault I hastened to add, my own for wanting a few moments more in bed.

The Glengarth Hotel, come for the location; stay for the service

• Liked — Sunroof
  • Disliked — TV
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends