“Smelly cold but clean and cheap”
Review of Glengarth Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leeds
Glengarth Hotel
Ranked #12 of 25 Leeds B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Smelly cold but clean and cheap”
Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

Basic somewhere to kip. One step up from doss house. Not professional hoteliers ! Room clean£38 for double room but only me staying
Cold! Needs heating. Bathroom and tv ok. Adequate. But stinks of mothballs and I need to keep my clothes on on bed!!

• Stayed September 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Confirmed booking, 4 days later turned round and said it was unavailable. Then when I phoned them up to try and sort somethign they hung up on me! Absoloutely shocking customer service.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Leeds hotels

Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Dear Sir,

Last Tuesday I found I had to visit the university early on Wednesday morning and found the hotel on the internet. After emailing and getting a rapid response to my requirements, I phoned and booked a room for the night. On arrival we were warmly welcomed and shown the room, which was very clean, smartly decorated and comfortable. We were told all the necessary instruction for maintaining the heat, security and breakfast times, then bid a good nights stay. In the morning on entering the dining room we were greeted and served quickly and your staff ensured we had all we needed and left us to chat. We needed to leave the car while attending the University and you kindly offered us to leave the car in the car park until we returned later in the morning. The manner and welcome ensured we were successful in our mission and I thank you for your attention to detail during our visit. I hope to stay again when returning to Leeds.

Thanks,

David Waugh.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank David W
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2012

i should wants to say here my excellent experience i have booked a single room when i need before 11 am the receptionist is very good warm welcome me and i preferred english breakfast and the gentle man was took me and showed the room excellent tidy attached shower room, lcd tv, tea,coffee,milk on the table very polite room really i had enjoyed that night sleep. nextday morning breakfast its really lovely wonderful 3 piease of bacon sosage egg tea coffee orange juice.the staff was very friendly and helpful the location was good near the uni and town center when i will be in leeds i wanna defently come back at glengarth im highly recommended its based one of the cheepest and worthfulness

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank LIMFO L
St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2012

My wife and I stayed here when our daughter came to look around university halls.
The university campus is literally on the other side of the road so you couldn't find a hotel any nearer. With such good value room rates I wasn't expecting more than a bed for the night. I was pleasantly surprised.
Both of our en suite rooms were spotlessly clean and the staff were welcoming and courteous. Both bathrooms were brand new and there was loads of hot water for us all.
Breakfast was very nice and served promptly as we arrived in the breakfast room.
We were absolutely delighted and would definitely stay again.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank GWA_Russell
Reviewed 29 April 2012

A very nice clean b & b staff very friendly and accomodating, they even had a charger for my I phone , will stay here again for sure!!! Bed was real comfy bathroom was immaculate . Room of decent size with flat screen towel , tea making facilities , hair dryer . Close enough to walk into Leeds fifteen minute walk. Very pleasant stay
Thanks
Sam

• Stayed April 2012
4 Thank Samwea
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I was visiting Leeds to attend at the Yorkshire Archaeological Society (a short walk from the Glengarth) and the Leeds Archives. I chose the Glengarth after seeing previous reviews, and was glad that I did!

The price was right, and the guest house, while basic, was clean. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Wireless in the room was free and always fast. Breakfast was fine. The bus to the city centre was one street away and only a 5 minute ride.

Nothing was a problem for the Glengarth. As a single traveler, it is important to me to feel safe, so the location next to the university, and the fact that it seemed that I was being taken care of by the hotel were very much appreciated. I ended up having to travel by train to other archives, both north and south, but the proximity to the centre and the rail station meant that I could access the trains without delay. And when I had to leave Leeds earlier than planned, it was with regret on my part and a friendly goodbye from the Glengarth.

I would definitely stay again if my research or other plans take me to Leeds.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo