“Great weekend away!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Glengarth Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leeds
Glengarth Hotel
Ranked #10 of 25 Leeds B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great weekend away!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed here with a big party of 20 as we couldnt find a hostel and they were very welcoming. Rooms were clean and spacious with good hot showers. Breakfast was served at a time convenient for us with a choice of full english or continental. The staff were very friendly and helped us with taxis etc. Located very close to the university and not too far from town. All for a very reasonable price. Would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fred S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Notts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Price - ok, reasonably cheap
Breakfast - ok, something available for everybody
Location - very convenient for Leeds General infirmary and university
Main problem in cold weather is room heating. Heater are set on timers only (2 hours in evening and 2 hours early morning) and in cold weather of Nov and December, the room feels really cold. Did ask for increasing heating and was told it is not possible. I had to go and buy an extra duvet set.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank tejdhar
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Were put here by their sister B&B, not sure why, but was just up the road so not an issue.
A very warm welcome and offered help with taxi and restaurant info.
Room was a bit tired but clean. The shower was powerful with lots of hot water.
Full English breakfast hot and plentiful.
Nothing was too much trouble, very friendly staff and manager.
Parking very limited but close to the universities.
Excellent value for money at £50.00 per night

Room Tip: Check you will be able to park.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank bluetopaz49
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed here with a friend and we managed to bag a room, on a Saturday night for a very reasonable £50. Other hotels were charging nearly double this! It is located near the University with the city centre only a short walk / bus ride away, so fairly central too.

We were greeted by a friendly member of staff who gave us our room key and asked us our breakfast preferences (as breakfast was included with the price). The room was a little dated but clean, comfortable and even had toiletries, along with tea and coffee making facilities. The hotel was quiet and the only time we heard other guests was during breakfast the next morning.

It did feel a little like you were staying at someone's house but I guess this was because of the laid-back attitude of the staff and the fact you had a front door key so could come and go as you pleased.

For the price it was a good hotel and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Stayed 4 nights in a single room which was clean, bathroom was shared and kept clean. Stayed in a room on topmost floor and water pressure in the bath was good. Has breakfast but did not partake in it cos of my schedule. Free Wifi. The guy(staff) I got to see around is was very polite. Four stars cos of my very limited use of the hotel. Good location for University and Infirmary

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Essex
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I booked 2 nights at the Avalon B&B in advance. On arrival, I was directed to the Glengarth as the Avalon was apparently full.

The Avalon has ample parking, the Glengarth does not.

I was put in room 1 which is next to the entrance door. The whole hotel has a musty/damp smell. The room was the size of a shoe box but clean with en-suite shower & toilet. There are tea/instant coffee making facilities with & a small flat screen freeview TV which is mounted about 8ft up on the wall at the far end of the room from the head of the bed.

This is a noisy location as the walls are paper thin. Every conversation in the corridor could be heard clearly as could the opening & closing of cupboards. As a consequence, I did not get much sleep.

At 8.30 in the morning of the first day, having been woken at 05.30, I went for breakfast to find the dining room quite full & was offered a seat at a table with a total stranger which I declined. If they are going to offer bed & breakfast they should ensure the dining facilities can cope with the number of guests. I did not bother going for breakfast on the second day.

The staff were polite but the stay started on a bad foot having to move from where I had booked & continued on a bad footing through the lack of sleep.

Room Tip: Don't - go somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Leeds hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

After being told by the owners that this 'hotel' had a car park and provided breakfast we decided to book up well in advance. We called and made a reservation 4weeks prior but in arrival no one was expecting us and there was no car park, just a very small drive! The smell in the 'hotel' was quite unpleasant. We were shown to our room and, well, to say we weren't happy was an understatement, in fact the only saving grace was that the bed linen appeared to be fresh.
The curtains were hanging off the rail, outside the window were two rubbish tubs containing empty bottles and then other rubbish including half empty milk bottles strewn across the floor, just a little further were the traffic cones and rubbish bin/fire pit!
The carpet in the room was so dirty I refused to put my feet onto the floor without wearing shoes, even after getting out of the shower! The 'en-suite' was grubby and squashed. There were towels provided for the two of us, x1hand towel and x1bath towel barely big enough to fit around a person, these were at the furthest point away from the 'en-suite' on a rail by the bedroom window!
The tea and coffee facilities consisted of two sachets of coffee, cartons of full cream milk (un-refrigerated) and a small, very dusty, Tupperware container holding two, unwrapped, tea bags, gross! Needless to say we abstained from the tea!
That afternoon we left to visit some friends, upon on our return, at approx 11:30pm, we could not fit onto the drive with our car so my wife went in to speak to the owner who then went to 'wake up' another guest to get them to move their car further onto the drive. On parking my wife asked if we were ok to leave our car where it was, as we wouldn't be leaving again until mid-morning the following day, we were told we could and it would be fine. Shattered from a long day of driving, we retired to bed, well, I say bed, we likened the bed to sleeping on a laying down wardrobe! I've never been more uncomfortable! And we had 1&1/2 pilows between us! At 6am there was a knock at our door! When I opened it it was the owner and I was asked to move my car! As you can imagine I was less than impressed having been assured the evening before that I as fine where I had parked!
The shower has two settings, death by scalding or dearh by freezing! Nuff said!
We were told breakfast was between 7:30 & 8:30, what we were not told, however, is that you are expected to arrive by 7:30am! If you don't they knock your door to find out when you will be going for breakfast! On arrival for breakfast, at 8:15am, and within 60 seconds of sitting down, we were presented with a cooked breakfast, floating in a pool of grease! It was clear that this had been prepared at 7:30 and sat in an oven for 45 minutes, everything was hard!
Needless to say this is the worst experience of a 'hotel' that I've ever had and we left that day refusing to spend one more minute there let alone another night! I would not recommend this place, it's disgusting, in a poor state of disrepair, wall paper hanging off the walls, damp patches on all the ceilings, smelly, dirty, uncomfortable....need I go on! Avoid at all cost!

• Stayed August 2013