“Cheap with poor Facilities”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leeds
Saint Michaels Guest House
Ranked #23 of 27 Leeds B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Hotel some way from city centre but regular buses - handy for Cricket / Rugby at
headingley. Cheap, however general decor Old and in need of modnerisation.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andyblue064

Reviewed 6 March 2011

Me & my husband stayed here for the cricket, as the location was ideal - in previous years we have stayed in the city centre, but we decided staying closer to Headingley Carnegie would save time & the hassle of getting a train back. When we pulled up outside our first instinct was that this may not be up to standard, but we thought it might be better on the inside.....we couldn't be more wrong! We were greeted with a musty stale smelling odour, which reminded me of a damp, dirty retirement home. The floor boards were so creaky, you could hear every single step. Our room was worse - the carpet was full of stains & I doubt it had ever seen a vacuum cleaner, the bed sheets were dirty & the bin was full of rubbish - we actually contemplated sleeping in the car. The bathroom was a disgrace - the shower was filthy & full of mould - we decided to skip having a shower and let's just say the toilet had certainly not been cleaned...EVER! Now I'm not a snob, I tend to stay in budget hotels etc as I don't see the point in spending a fortune on a room you will only sleep in, but please believe me when I say it is not worth saving a few pounds to have this sort of experience. When I booked our hotel this year, I rang The Boundary Hotel (located across the road from St Michael's guest house) and told them where we stayed last June - the gentleman I spoke to said "you must be very brave!" I just wished we'd stayed there instead, but hindsight is a wonderful thing! The best thing about our stay? CHECKING OUT!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rednosebag
Reviewed 24 July 2010

We stayed here for one night several months ago and found the accommodation dirty. We would not have stayed the night if we had not been asked to pay on arrival before seeing the room and it was quite late at night. The bed was clean fortunately. The breakfast was cold and inedible - it had obviously been prepared well before it was actually served. We would never stay here again.

If you come here - please check your room before you pay the advance charge.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank MeMaWirral
Reviewed 18 February 2010

My wife and I stayed at St. Michael's Guest House last week and were very happy with the facilities, cost and staff friendliness. Our room was clean and warm breakfast included a choice of menu and the staff were very helpful and there was car parking behind the building. Our only complaint was that apart from opening the window,we could not turn down the heating in our room For £46 for the two of us, we were more than pleased and plan to use the Guesthouse again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2009

I booked for 4 nights and paid on arrival. While still in reception I was then informed that there was no heating in the room. As I already had a bad cold I explained I couldn't stay. They offered another room which I viewed, it was full of empty beer bottles, smelt of beer, had dirty bed sheets and a filthy bathroom. Obviously I declined this. I receoved a refund on my card. A couple of days later I noticed a £40 charge from the guest house. This was not agreed as they couldnlt provide the servid=ce and provided a full refund. The galling thing is that the room rate was £35 per night and they randomly charged my card. I have called and they have denied the charge. Beware. If you are looking for a good BnB in the area, try the Oak Villa.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2005

Hotel has been recently taken over by Sandra and Robert who are updating all the rooms. Because I was staying for a few days over a couple of weeks I even managed to negotiate a cheaper rate but for the same room. Breakfast was included and the Full English was great. Evening meals also available if required.
Clean and tidy and seemed to be fairly busy, mostly workmen, but not at all noisy.
Good, clean budget-priced accommodation. Close to all the amenities of Headingley and less than 3 miles from Leeds City Centre.

• Stayed: October 2005, travelled on business
6  Thank poopee
A TripAdvisor Member
Basingstoke, Hants
Reviewed 11 March 2003

The cold tap didn't work, half the lights didn't work, the wardrobe door was hanging off, the (antiquated) tv reception was poor, the breakfast inedible. Plus the doorlock didn't work so I spent ages in my towel trying to get back in.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member