“Very Nice Stay - Delicious Breakfast”
Review of Abbey Guest House

Abbey Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leeds
Abbey Guest House
Ranked #13 of 27 Leeds B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We had a lovely two night stay at the Abbey Guest House. We had two bedrooms, both were nicely appointed and comfortable. Breakfast was generous and delicious. Hazel and Bob were very nice hosts. We would return if we were ever in Leeds again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 March 2012

A nice place to stay. It has the feel of a traditional B&B that's had its bedrooms "made over". So the bedrooms and bathrooms are much more modern than the exterior and dining room which are more traditional. For me having done the bedrooms first is the right priority. Bob was very helpful, sorting out parking and suggesting a good pub. Breakfast was OK but to get the 5 stars some others have awarded I'd want a bit more. We were told not to use the bath as pressure was low (there was a great shower however) and breakfast was good but how much better it would have been with better sausages and juices - to the standard of the excellent bacon and mushrooms.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I found this place on the internet. I came from to NY to visit Leeds as my son is planning on attending university here. Bob and Hazel are the nicest outgoing people. It is very convenient to everywhere we needed to go. We had a car but there was a bus directly outside the house that goes to downtown Leeds. It is close to Leeds Metropolitan University Headingly campus.

Breakfast was plentiful and Hazel was always ready to make more of whatever we needed.
I was sorry my wife missed out. I will bring her back when our son is at school and we need a place to stay in Leeds.

The ensuite baths were updated, clean and modern, with powerful shower. Beds were comfortable. Overall the house was neat and clean.

I dont think you will be disappointed if you stay here.

Room Tip: Speak directly to the owners (Bob and Hazel) to assure you are getting the room you need for the num...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Hallux62
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I stayed here about 5 years ago when I was doing a fit-out on a local bank. I found the place by chance on the internet prior to leaving Scotland. I stayed there for about 5 weeks and I did constant nightshift. The rooms were clean and comfortable as you would expect but for me it was other factors that made me enjoy my stay. The couple who run it are really nice down to earth people who would genuinely do anything for you. For me, it was like staying with family. Leeds is a very nice place to visit for shopping or even for a weekend away. You can't go wrong staying here. I will one day come back and stay here. I have stayed in some top hotels and also in Guest houses and Travel Lodges, Premier Inns all over the country. This place was my personal favourate and I was made to feel very welcome. The full fry up is perfect!

Mike(Scotland)

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I spent just one night here after visiting my daughter at Leeds University, but it won't be the last time I visit. My room was lovely - very decadent - and it felt like a real treat to be staying there. It was beautifully decorated, clean and with a lovely bathroom containing a nice long bath, as well as a shower. Bob and Hazel were welcoming and helpful and Hazel cooked a great breakfast. Next time I visit Leeds, I will definitely be booking to stay here again and I will be bringing my daughter to enjoy it with me!

Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank juwat0
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I stayed for 6 nights at the Abbey guest house. The people are very welcoming, the rooms are well-appointed in a modern style, clean, comfortable bed, great breakfast - done however you want it. If you're looking to stay in this area, you won't do much better - I have never stayed in a guest house before, and if they're all like this I won't be going back to budget chain hotels!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank JezGNottm
Reviewed 19 December 2010

We came over from Germany to Carlisle for a funeral.We were due to fly back on 29th November,due to train break down we missed our flight,rebooked it for the 1st December and got hit by the big snow.We were stuck in Leeds / Bradford Airport and the next flight was 3rd December.A friend found the Abbey Guest house for us,as we didn't know Leeds and with all the flights cancelled that day ,all the hotels and guest houses in Leeds were fully booked.The owners of the guest house,Bob and Hazel,made us really welcome.As my husbands shoes were split with the snow and he didn't have another pair with him,Bob offered him to borrow a pair of his shoes,so we could go for a walk.Well which person would do that unless he has a heart of gold !!!Our breakfasts were so good and Hazel always asked if we wanted anything else,which our son happily accepted.The room,cleanliness,service and friendlyness was really excellent,we felt really homely.If we ever visit Leeds again ,we deffinetly stay at the Abbey Guest House.I can't understand how somebody who didn't stay there can make a bad review ,considering that they had the oppotunity to stay at family,which we hadn't !!!!!!!
And to stay with a child 3 days in the airprort was definetly not on.
V.Rutherford , Minden ,Germany