“Excellent stay”

Premier Inn Leeds City Centre Hotel
Ranked #18 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed on a visit to daughter at Leeds Uni. Ideal location with free parking and easy access to student area in Headingley without driving through city centre. Not too keen on adjoining TGI Fridays as the hotel restaurant but plenty of other venues to eat just a short taxi ride away in city centre or 15 minute walk. Hotel very quiet, clean and excellent value for money. Have stayed here a few times now and can thoroughly reccommend.

• Stayed: May 2013
Katy B, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking your time to post a review here on Trip advisor. I am grateful

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,245)

Reviewed 18 May 2013

We managed to get a £29 room over the early May bank holiday to visit our daughter in Leeds. This Premier Inn is conveniently sited within walking distance of the City Centre, and has parking (we have learnt in the past that staying in the Travelodge is a false economy if driving, as the cost of parking quickly mounts up!

It was very busy being a Sunday night before a bank holiday, but despite this busy-ness, the noise levels in the room were absolutely fine. The only problems with the number of people there was at check-in, which was much slower than usual. This seemed to be because housekeeping were still working on some of the rooms, and the customers trying to check into these were therefore taking longer as they made decisions about their options. Given that check out in Premier Inns isn't until 12, and check in starts at 2, on a busy weekend like this I suspect that such problems are relatively likely; the logistics of getting all rooms turned around must involve a certain reliance on some people checking out early which might not be as likely over a bank holiday weekend.

As with all Premier Inns, the bed was large and comfortable, and the room equipped with the basics that you need but no frills.

My only criticism on this trip would be that breakfast was only available if pre-booked the night before, and when paying extra for breakfast I usually like to see how I feel in the morning before making my mind up.

I've marked as average compared to other Premier Inns; compared to other brands of budget hotels this stay was very good.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

A group of us stayed here this weekend. Our group consisted of 6 adults and 4 children. 3 of us were taking part in the Leeds Half Marathon. We cannot praise highly enough the level of customer care and service we received from the staff at this hotel. Nothing was too much trouble, and they are to be commended for their friendliness and professionalism. We will definately recommend this hotel to others. The only slight drawback is that it is about a mile to the city centre, a little too far for the younger children to walk, and not great after running 13 miles. A good alternative though if the other city centre hotel is full.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit it Leeds City Centre Premier Inn and that all the team made you to feel welcome, they will all be very happy to read your review

Reviewed 13 May 2013

My daughter and I were on a Theatre Trip in Leeds and stayed for two nights. When we checked in we requested a quiet room at the back, because at the front of the hotel there are major roads, and a flyover. The staff were extremely friendly and gave us a room at the back overlooking the car park, it was very quiet. We did have an issue with noise from a room above late at night, it was preventing us going to sleep. I reported it to the staff on reception and security went to the particular room and they had a word with the guests and the noise stopped. The hotel is very clean and all the staff very cheerful. The hotel is around 15 minute walk from the Railway Station.and the city centre. There is a bus stop just around the corner if you don't want to walk, we used it quite a few times, buses are every few minutes. All and all a good hotel, with very friendly staff.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter because of the main road at the front.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Whilst the hotel was your standard clean, comfortable, reasonably well equipped Premier Inn the hotel itself was pretty noisy. I was woken at 3.30am by the noise of people returning, I presume, from nights out and was kept awake for an hour by the subsequent shouting, laughing, arguing, banging of doors etc. I was in town to run a half marathon at 9.30 that morning so this wasn't particularly appreciated. Not really the fault of the hotel/staff but not great either.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 9 May 2013

I travelled on business to this hotel and was amazed by the very warm welcome I received from the reception staff, they made the hotel stay experience a very enjoyable one indeed. I make no apology for saying that the staff here are excellent, to name but a few!

William - very computent, and looks after the businessman by answering any questions they may ask

Shaheen - very practical person, gave me some valuble advise conserning local food outlets and telling me that if I was not satisfied, we will do something about it - obvoiusly someone who has a - can do atitude outlook - on her employment - thanks

The other nights stay - Wayne and Robyn were very amenable - and what a smile Wayne has!
I wish we had some people like this down south where I live,

Thanks for a loverly stay

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 May 2013

The Premier Inn Leeds City Centre, Wellington Street is very conveniently located close to the Leeds General Infirmary, City Hall and shops, less than a mile walk to Leeds railway station, with ample free hotel parking, and easy access to the urban motorways. The rooms were well appointed and quite spacious, and the bathrooms were clean, modern and well maintained. We had a good and quiet night's sleep. On the third floor there was an interesting view over the city including a local amateur sports facility which was not noisy but entertaining. There were tea and coffee-making facilities and a decent size plasma television screen. There is free Wifi for 30 minutes and only £3 for 24 hours. The staff were friendly and helpful and we felt very secure. We paid an amazing £29 each for two rooms booked two weeks in advance. The bar and restaurant were in the attached "Fridays" ("Every day is Friday" but there was no loud music). We dined early before arriving, but breakfast was excellent and reasonably priced, and we were served again by friendly and helpful staff. Every bit as good as a hotel we stayed in three weeks earlier in another major English city centre at five times the price.

Room Tip: We took what they gave us and were very happy.
1  Thank Jimmysboy

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit it Leeds City Centre Premier Inn.