“Nice Clean Room”

Premier Inn Leeds City Centre Hotel
Ranked #21 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Friendly staff, room nice quiet and clean, continental breakfast had a good selection of food . Good location just off the motorway, parking was not secure but in a well lit area at the front of the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Katy B, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds City Centre Premier Inn
Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,223)

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I do not know the policy for this individual hotel or the chain but I was mortified when I returned to my room to find the used, wet towels TAKEN FROM THE BATHROOM FLOOR draped over a chair, hung on the coat hooks and rehung on the towel rail in the bathroom. I have never known this to happen in all my life traveling and using other budget hotels. I fail to see the purpose of this technique used by room service staff I have never encountered such laziness, this is not what I pay my hard earned money for. 'Everything premier but the price'? I fail to agree after this recent encounter. I am disgusted by the treatment as well as being as mortified as the receptionist looked when she picked them off the counter

Room Tip: Room not the issue during this stay but the cleaners were.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 888Karen37
Katy B, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for your review, we are very disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel. At Leeds City Centre Premier Inn it remains our objective to deliver a high standard of service in our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel. I will then be able to investigate the issues raised.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

This hotel is located about 15-20 mins walk from the central shoping and nightlife areas but the walk is straightforward especially from the rail station as you just walk in a straight line down Wellington Street.

The hotel is located near several busy main roads (City Gate) but the soundproofing is very good with triple glazing. I asked and got a room (229) in the block of the hotel furthest away from the on site bar and restaurant TGI Fridays which overlooks a quiet access road at the back of the hotel - which gave me extra reassurance against disturbance. As a result I had a good night's sleep.

As is usual for Premier Inn, my room here was clean, fesh and well maintained. The size of the flat screen TV was the biggest I have ever seen in a Premier Inn room. The bathroom was reasonably sized with a bath under the shower which I prefer.

Staff were helpful, cheerful and friendly throughout.

I didn't have breakfast here on this occasion. I stayed on a quiet Sunday night and the price was excellent value at £29,

Room Tip: Room 229 is away from TGI Fridays and the main road and was really quiet. This room is next to the e...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Andrewms14

Reviewed 4 December 2013

The hotel is well situated within Leeds, with the added bonus of free car parking, that other hotels in the area do not have, the TGI fridays restaurant is well worth a look and sample the good selection of cocktails

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Leeds City Centre Premier Inn. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon,

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I think staying at premier inn will provide you a good sleep with a modern room, good breakfast but u have no room servive, no fridge or safe
Over all stay is nice but a bit expensive for a budget hotel

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank m-anabtawi

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Great premier inn to the usual premier standard. Nice spacious room with the best beds you can find in a hotel! We stayed on 28th november and the lady on the desk at this time was excellent and very friendly as were the night staff. The lady on at check out the next day however was not as friendly and seemed like she was having a bad morning. The only couple of things that were not so good is if you want to leave the room the other person has to sit in the dark as the key is need for the lights but also you need the key to access the doors on the landings. Also there is no phone in the room so you cannot ring reception to ask for something you have to walk all the way down through many corridors. apart from that though very good!

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the carpark as the main road is very busy and can be noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stevie_g6
Katy B, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

We are delighted that your stay with us was a good one. Thank you for your comments on our comfortable rooms. Our team members will be pleased to receive your feedback, as they endeavour to give all our guests a high level of service. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay; we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Arrived late at night, staff on counter seemed to have fallen out with each other which made us feel a bit awkward.

Only gave us one key card which, as it is needed to operate facilties in the room meant that we couldnt send one of us out for supplies. Didnt check if we knew the premier inn drill.

Room clean and had the bonus of an opennng wildow but was down a long,twisty corridor with lots of fire doors. The runner on the bed was grubby and the some of the bedding threadbare. Lift broken but no offer of assistance.

Morning staff, partiicularly Oliver exceptionally helpful and friendly.

TGI Friday dirty and poorly organised for breakfast. Food that we ate OK but staff run off their feet.

The whole place needs a refit.

Wont be returning to this premier inn.

Room Tip: All rooms are noisy as you would expect from a city centre hotel but this is at a junction of very b...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Katy B, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Thank you for taking your time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay here at the Leeds City centre premier inn.