“Excellent rooms”

Ranked #24 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent rooms”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Excellent hotel, or should that be motel because it's right next to Kirkstall road and the inner ring road flyover in Leeds. Either way it's an excellent place to stop at, friendly efficient staff, keen to help. If you're in town for a night because of a gig at the new Leeds Arena, then there is a Premier Inn right next door to it. However that one is nearly double the cost of this one, so if you don't mind a short 20 minute walk you're still right in the heart of Leed's shopping and city centre. The TGI Friday's restaurant next door is an easy choice to use, super food, not too expensive, and easy access.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Katy B, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds City Centre Premier Inn
Katy Barron

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I had no idea if I had booked the hotel in the right location but I must say it is perfect for the city centre as it's only 10 mins walk at the most and you can leave your car in the hotel car park. The room was very clean and comfortable. But most of all the staff were all very friendly. I would like to make a special mention to Wayne who went way beyond the call of duty when I realised my car had a flat tyre. He offered to help without me even asking, then actually changed the tyre which was a difficult and messy job (the spare tyre is under the car) especially as it was raining. This was just wonderful as it was late already and I still had a four hour drive back with my daughter. Another guest came along and helped too, and I would like to thank him too. I would highly recommend this Premier Inn to anyone travelling to Leeds and I will always stay there if I return. Thank you Wayne, your help was wonderful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Only stayed for the one night but would certainly recommend it. Very comfortable bed and spacious room. Breakfast was also very nice with a good choice (but at that price it should be!). The staff were very friendly and welcoming and provided extra teabags as I don't drink coffee. There is quite a lot of traffic noise if the window is open but that was expected as it is close to main roads. Closing the window shuts out the noise completely but it was too warm an evening to keep shut. The parking was very good and the staff were happy to let me park before check in time and leave it for a while after the checkout which was much appreciated.

Room Tip: Had a family room for the same price as regular room. This was on the ground floor so windows are re...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed at the Premier Inn Leeds City Centre for 2 nights whilst travelling on business. The hotel was in an excellent location, plenty parking and only a short walk into the city centre.

I ate at the attached TGI Fridays one evening and went elsewhere the second night. I also ate breakfast at the hotel on both mornings. The breakfast was good and had a range of breakfast items to choose from.

The room in which I stayed was clean, airy and comfortable. It had all the amenities you would hope to find and the bathtub in the bathroom was a nice change from the usual shower cubicles.

All the staff with whom I spoke during my stay were very friendly and helpful.

I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Leeds.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The room was very comfortable and clean. We expected to hear some noise as the hotel was busy but the corridor we were on was very quiet. The staff were friendly, helpful and nothng seemed to much trouble. We had dinner one night of our stay which was good value and we enjoyed the meal.
Our Only complaint was breakfast. The first morning there was very little on the buffet and we had to wait ages for the food to come out and when it did it was cold and not particularly good quality. Bacon was overcooked and really quite cold. The second morning the food was there but again not good quality. We spoke to the reception about this and they dealt with the complaint in a really good manner. Would stay at the hotel again despite the breakfast. Might just have the continental breakfast next time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed in Leeds as our base to ride the Tour de France Stages 1 and 2. We chose this hotel for its proximity to the station and city centre, its on-site free parking, and for being allowed to keep our valuable bikes in our rooms. Our stay was excellent; great rooms, well sound-proofed from any noise outside and within the hotel, a TGI Fridays downstairs with last dinner orders at 10.30pm (useful to us after two consecutive days' 10 hr bike rides!), and always-friendly, helpful and cheerful staff. It was a very good stay, and very good value.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Katy B, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
We are delighted that your stay with us was a good one. Thank you for your comments Our team members will be pleased to receive your feedback, as they endeavour to give all our guests a high level of service. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay; we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Operations Manager
Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Good hotel, pleasant staff greeting on arrival at reception, clean room and bathroom, short walk to city centre and shopping, car parking available. Didn't have breakfast as quite expensive (in TGI Fridays adjoining).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple