“Ideal location and good room”
Review of Malmaison Hotel

Malmaison Hotel
Ranked #15 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Malmaison is perfectly situated for short walk from station and easy access on foot to shops etc. The room was spacious and had everything we needed. Breakfast was well presented and tasty.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Malmaison Hotel

Reviewed 21 March 2011

My friend and I stayed at Malmaison Leeds on Friday evening and booked the Girls Night In package. It was excellent value for money, lots of food and a bottle of wine, the website doesn't do it justice. The hotel was of a high standard, rooms were nicely furnished and the beds comfortable. The hotel staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you. Would def go back and would certainly try other Malmaison hotels

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Only stayed for one night but again the Mal Maison delivered good service a good quality room of a decent size. The cocktail and breakfast deal was great and the breakfast was of a high quality.

The only let down was the size of
The shower. In a bathroom of such a well thoughtout style and tiny cubilcle shower was a bit of a disapointment.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 12 March 2011

We stayed for 1 night to celebrate our wedding anniversary. On arrival our room wasn't quite ready (we arrived around 1230) so we left our luggage and went for a walk around the city. The city centre is literally on the door step. Only a few minutes walk and you are in the heart of the shops, bars and restaurants.

When we went back to the hotel our luggage had been taken to our room which was a nice touch. The room was lovely. We were in an end room which had floor to celing curved windows overlooking the river. There were rose petals on the bed and an anniversary card from the hotel, a really nice gesture.

The room facilities were great: iron, ironing board,tea and coffee makkng facilities, hairdryer, tv, DVD player, mini bar. The shower was amazing, it was so powerful and hot! The toileteries are great too and you are encouraged to take them home.

The staff on reception were very pleasent and knowledgable. I had a string of questions which were answered well.

We were booked on a package that included an evening meal and a bottle of wine in the Brasserie. This was a disapointment compared to the rest of the hotel. The menu selection was not vast, the service was pretty slow and the wine was nasty. I wouldn't recommend the Brasserie.

We added on breakfast to our stay. The deal was £30 for 2 breakfasts and 2 cocktails in the bar. A great value deal. A wide selection of cocktails to choose from and the breakfast was good too. The hot food is cooked to order and you help yourself to the continental side of things.

Jimmy Carr was in the hotel while we were there too!

All in all a lovely hotel that I would recommend and return to.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 4 March 2011

Check-in was efficient and friendly. The room was spacious, clean, ticked all the boxes. No wi-fi, but I coped with plug in connection. I paid for an 8 hour connection, thought that would be timed over my stay, didn't realise it was one hit. When I went to connect on my second day my connection had expired, so i do think there should be a better explanation both in the room and perhaps on the website just what you are getting.
I used the restaurant for both dinner and breakfast. I do wish hotels would actually toast the toast. The toast for my poached egg was only crisp on one side, and in the toast rack the bread was tinged on the edges and nowhere else but I was in a hurry so I ignored it.
Previous reviews have commented on the service, I have no complaints on the staff - they were attentive, pleasant and keen to persuade me to have more than I wanted. No my problem was the amount of salt on the meals. I couldn't finish the meals on either night.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2011

malmaison excel at fittings and quality - but lose sight of the service and facilities. The room was exquisite, but tiny. The service in the restaurant was dreadful ( we had to ask several times where our food was at dinner.). Dont have breakfast if you need to be somewhere- we waited 40 minutes for food. We were booked on government rate - but they didn't allow us free wifi( free in every other Leeds hotel) as they stated we were not business. government rate is not a leisure break. its work. Dont stay here if you need internet access included, or faster than a snails pace. . Dont stay here if you expect food within 40 minutes of asking. Little things like a choice of pillow do not exists. its soft soft, or soft. dont stay here if you have a bad neck.
in a nutshell, Dont stay here. some of our party were at the Raddison blu, and it was leaps and bounds above the malmaison. Be smart. choose the Raddison. Every time.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank nachooooo
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Just come back from a very enjoyable one night stay in the Malmaisson in Leeds. Lovely decor with the most fantastic staircase entrance. The water pressure in the bathroom I have to say was the best ever- really powerful shower and bath filled in minutes! Beds really comfy and the room was really clean. Well worth a visit!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple