“Great night”

Ranked #12 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Birmingham
“Great night”
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We often travel with our two little dogs and Malmaison allows you to enjoy a nice break with little fuss around the dogs with a small surcharge. We stayed on one of their deals, dinner, wine and overnight stay- great value for money. Hotel easy to find, we asked for a quiet room which was accommodated. We had a really big corner room, blackout curtains were fantastic. Dinner was the best, I have food intolerances which were easily accommodated by a very helpful and inventive chef which made all the difference as a lot of places can make me feel like a pain, alternatives to the menu were quickly whipped up and absolutely delicious! A great stay, really relaxing with great food.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor as on weekends it could be noisy from the busy bars nearby
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Rainham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I stayed here with friends in May in one of the wettest weekends of the year. From the moment I arrived, I was greeted with warm and very efficient staff. The room was quiet, with decent amenities (inc. free wifi) and decent coffee in the room, something many places are starting to lose! The mini bar was well stocked, and I have never seen taps in the bath run so fast!

The bar was good, and stayed open late which was useful when popping in for the occasional night cap

Overall, it would be my first choice every time visiting!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 310, which was very quiet
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

Leeds Mal is the other place referred to in a review submitted about 42 the Calls.

We have stayed here on numerous occasions and basically just love it. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, the bar is excellent and they turn out a mean Bloody Mary. The restaurant is fresh with professional and competent staff and local produce on the menu which is always a must.

The breakfast is up there in my top three with a massive choice which will just leave you wanting to slide back upstairs and lie down till 5 minutes before check out time.

Can't recommend Mal enough for just getting it right in every aspect.

Stayed January 2012
3 Thank Jus592
Cumbria
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Stayed here for one night with my husband. We found this to be a lovely hotel, nicely furnished, in a good location and with friendly efficient staff. We did not eat in the hotel in the evening but we did visit the bar which had a nice (not too noisy) atmosphere. The breakfast was very enjoyable and it is the first hotel that we have visited where the chefs managed to cook my husband's bacon to his somewhat fussy satisfaction (crispy)! We would definitely recommend this hotel and will definitely re-book if re-visiting Leeds.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dizzy-wife
London
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Having experienced the decadence that is Malmaison a couple of times before, our experience in Leeds was as good as expected.

ROOM: The room, a superior twin, was large and comfortable; we were glad to have upgraded from the standard size as you get a bit more space and chairs/coffee table.

SERVICE: Always excellent at Malmaison.

FOOD: Breakfast was a real treat, with so much choice from the continental spread and then a choice of cooked breakfast. The only negative of our entire stay was that the poached eggs one morning were solid all the way through, which I wouldn't even bother mentioning if we hadn't heard a woman complaining about the very same thing the morning before - so once the egg chef fixes that it will be absolutely perfect! We also had dinner on one evening and did the Three Tenners menu - 2 courses each and a bottle of house wine for £30 - which was great value and excellent quality. The house wine, a Spanish Tempranillo, was surprisingly good and drinkable, and the cost of the meal was far less than if we had gone a la carte.

LOCATION: Very close to the High Street, but far enough away that there is no noise at night. A five minute walk to the station as well.

OVERALL: In summary, another excellent, relaxing and luxurious Mal experience. Not exactly cheap, but well worth it.

Room Tip: Upgrading to superior is definitely worthwhile.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank reindeerman83
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 20 April 2012

My night at the Malmaison Hotel in Leeds was fantastic. The hotel is very close to the main shopping areas, and transport.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful, I arrived a little early for check in but it was easy to store bags..in fact, my bags were in my room once I got back to the hotel later in the day.
The decor is very funky, rooms are small but as a solo traveller more than enough for me.
The free and generous size toiletries pack was a real bonus..I think they would have been sad if I had not taken my pack!
I stayed here on a Saturday night and had no issues with noise levels from other entertainment areas.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Perth australia
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I stayed here only for 1 night and have to say that out of all the places I have stayed in the world Its one of my favourites. The room was quite expensive and the bathroom quite small however it was very clean and the location is fantastic both for travel off the freeway and train station and also for getting about by foot. The decor is really quirky and modern and I think this adds to its unique factor.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple