“Second chance and still failed! ”
Review of Hollywood Bowl

Hollywood Bowl
Ranked #23 of 48 Fun & Games in Leeds
england
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Second chance and still failed! ”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We visited in between Christmas and new year was a fairly quite day check in to our lane no problems ordered food and played our game then the problems started upon visiting the toilets (ladies) they was only 1 cubicle with toilet roll and no soap at all. I went to the café till to inform them as at 12noon it was very early for them to be in this state I was told "ahhh yeah they probably haven't been checked today......." I also ask for an update on our food as had been waiting 45mins was told " on its way". We finished our game and headed back to the café as still no sign of food 1 hour after ordering to find a massive que 3 girls 1 serving 2 gossiping! Whilst in the que my other half visited the mens guess what no paper in there either! Reached the front of the que to find my food sat there cold! Asked to speak to the GM who appeared very stressed and over worked . I mentioned the toilets and the hour wait for food he apologised and offered new food i declined as we had a cinema booking to go to ( was already running late) he proceeded to re-fund my food money. He asked a member of staff to fetch the PDQ machine she got waylaid and never returned. He asked somebody else who got distracted and returned without it. I then offered to get it for him he declined and went himself upon returning I me pointing out it was now 1 hour 25mins since I first ordered he not only refunded the food but gave us a voucher to bowl for free another time to give us the chance to experience the real Hollywood bowl.

Fast forward to today!
Booked a week in advance a lane for today tryed several times over the 2 days prior to change the time of the booking using the contact us form on there website to no avail. Arived early to try doing it face to face to be told "were fully booked nope nothing we can do.....) mentioned the several contact us forms to be told ohhh they go to head office don't think they read them! ? So we cancelled our other plans and stayed at Hollywood bowl to eat ( 1 hour before our lane was booked) ordered our food 45mins later the que to check in to the lanes was growing fast so I headed over there leaving my other half and children to wait for food ( we were the only ones in the café full of dirty tables with 3 gossiping members of staff) I reached the front of the que checked in but pointed out we were still waiting for food. ..... told not a problem il move your slot 30min......... ehhhh so was they full or not?
Food arrived wrong order cold and with a few FROZEN chips thrown in.
Headed to the lane pretty straight forward apart from again no toilet roll in either mens or ladies ( mentioned to staff who said the cleaner didn't show u!? ANYONE can replace toilet roll!!!)
Had 4 frames left and the next party arrived tutting huffing and puffing............. couldn't bowl fast enough just to get out of there!

Did I complain on the day no couldn't face been given another free voucher would mean I had to return AGAIN .

Why have I wasted 30mins of my life leaving this review when its clearly obvious nobody from Hollywood bowl ever reads or responds to them...... if I can save just one person from goi g through what I have then it was 30mins well spent.

6 Thank travelfans82

• Polish first
Leeds, UK
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Okay for the family but don't eat!”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Went recently for a kids party. Very organised and the kids were shown how to hold the balls etc and a few safety tips which I'd never seen before.

Now you don't expect gourmet food at these types of places, but really how hard can it be to serve hot dogs, pizzas and chips? Everything was the cheapest processed rubbish and stone cold to boot. You'd be better off eating the bowling shoes.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank yummityscrummit
Leeds, United Kingdom
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great Fun”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Not a bad price: £4.50 for kids and £5.50 for adults. You can book beforehand to ensure an alley and parties with food and drinks are also available.
Service is great; staff are very helpful with any technical difficulties and questions, and usually very friendly and good with kids. Bowling balls are of all sizes/weights so anyone can play, and barely any faults with process.
Food is cheap and passable, not the best but standard for a night out bowling. Music is played in background to add to a pleasant, warm atmosphere, with a jukebox so you are able to choose your own music if wished.
Drinks and refreshments available, and an arcade is available at the bottom of the alley.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Traveller162014
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Pottock”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Despite losing my virginity in the toilets at Hollywood Bowl it still holds a special place in my heart.

This branch was fairly clean and I particularly enjoyed the way the cleaner has made a special effort to create a Henry Moore-esque sculpture out of the urinal detergent cubes.

Unfortunately, the bowling lanes were greasier than a Scottish breakfast and my topspin forehand was all over the place. The ‘sausage bumpers’ that lined the lane were lacking absorbency and I was most perturbed by the lack of strikes.

Parking was simple and the car park was well lit. However, on a sourer note, I phoned ahead to tell the branch that it was my birthday, in the expectation that some balloons or a cake might be available to celebrate this but, alas, I am obviously not enough of a celebrity to get a free birthday cake. At the end of the day I am not Christa Ackroyd, so this lack of fawning is reasonable under the circumstances.

Hotdogs tasted slightly processed and the lack of condiments was a concern after the birthday balloon fiasco. It was difficult to concentrate during the burger course due to some painful pinch caused by the bowling shoes. I could have cried. And I did.

Particular thanks to the kind manager of this branch who returned my lucky bowling glove to me in the post.

Visited November 2013
5 Thank Thuram T
Leeds, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“A decent bowling alley.”
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

Hollywood Bowl has always been clean, though toilets occasionally not stocked up with soap - never good in a place where germs will be passed on even easier through mucky hands. Its much nicer than the other bowling alley in Leeds Centre & easier to park. Handy if you have kids as there is plenty of arcades to rip parents off! Bar area decent but on the chavvy/cheap side. Lanes themselves always good.

Visited October 2012