Review Highlights
Pretyy

Such a great walk I loved it so much, the kids really enjoyed themselves! Was so nice to get fresh... read more

Reviewed 11 June 2021
I1303VLHipkins
Manchester, United Kingdom
via mobile
Delightful trail with excellent parks at both ends

We really enjoyed walking through Meanwood Park and beyond for the first time earlier this week... read more

Reviewed 21 August 2020
amdgriggs
Sheffield, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Leeds
from US$14.66
from US$102.58
from US$91.44
More Info
All reviews golden acre park park cafe dogs love car park beck stream woodland terrain paddling picnic scenery trees
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

This is a review of the first part of the trail thru woodhouse ridge.
This is a long wooded ridge which is much larger than expected with many parallel paths and interconnections between them.
On this walk, which I have done twice a week over the past couple of months. I feel alone and yet safe. With the occasional dog walker, jogger and cyclist.
It really seems like a wood in the countryside, although we are in the city.
Now I've done some research and discovered that a hundred years ago it was a planned park with a bandstand, gazebos and laid out gardens with maintained flowers and paths.
Many years of neglect have turned it into a woodland that looks natural.
I would not recommend walking here in wet weather. And the lower path is not very safe when wet and the the safety fencing is neglected and missing in many places.
Overall it is a pleasant place to walk through.

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank ludwikd
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Great place to go for excersize. Keep fit and follow the trail for a great walk out as a group or on your own

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Fantastic part of Leeds and must be visited by everyone who is in the area.

So much appreciated by past generations and will certainly be treasured by future generations.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

OK I took my dog out for a stroll. It was muddy as he'll and I loved it. The place is nicely kept and has a wild feel to it. I would recommend it to all walkers about.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Great trail in any conditions. Plenty to look at along the way. Will be riding further when it isn't so cold.

Date of experience: March 2017