“First visit...Last Visit.”

Ranked #550 of 1,961 Restaurants in Leeds
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 January 2014

As we had never been to Chiquito's before and both me and my wife like Tex mex we thought we might check this place out and what a disappointment it is.

The service was fine but it’s the food and drink that is the big let-down because its expensive and just not very tasty.

For drinks we ordered £7 a pop mojitos which tasted of soda water.

We had the Nachos which were slightly overcooked and the chicken wings which were nice to start. For mains my wife had steak fajita which wasn't spicy at all and was just plonked on top of some fried onions and peppers that had an hint of vinegar or some other dressing about it. I had pulled pork chimichanga for main which was deep fried and greasy on a bed of chips.

I won’t be going back, at £60+ for 2 there are plenty of other places about that do this so much better.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We visited this restaurant for a Birthday meal for my son. We have eaten there before and had some good experiences (the last one was not so good but I believe there has been a management change since the last visit).

The service was excellent, the person who attended to us was very attentive and remembered everyone's order when it arrived.
A bit pricey but Indian meals are my favourite and better value for money however, a good experience was had and everyone liked the meal.

Nice for a change of meal out !

Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

I've usually loved Chiquito. Great, tasty food, lively music, fun atmosphere. The staff were great, couldn't fault them. The food was average and not as good as I remembered (it is about a year since my last visit). Unfortunately the decor is looking tired. The "sofas" were dirty but worst of all was our table. The more I sat there the more put off I was. I should have said something and asked to be moved but I didn't. The table was slatted but the slats had widened and the amount of food and crumbs in the gaps was disgusting. I put my knife and fork on the serviette on my menu and put my plate on another menu when it came so nothing was touching the table. Writing this now I'm wondering why I didn't say something...??? Anyway, it's got to be a health hazard. Won't be rushing back.

1  Thank nailcity
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Been to two different chiquitos and both have been equally disappointing.

Service is very slow and drinks are not refillable even though a coke costs almost £3

Food was priced quite high for the small portion. Taste was nothing special.

Overall would avoid this place if you want good Mexican street food try barburrito instead.

1  Thank imranchoudhury
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The M62 was blocked tried to do a shortcut on A62 and decided to call into the retail park.
Chiquitos was the choice. ....A good one.

Service was friendly and efficient.
Food was tasty and well presented.

We will definitely be back.
OK it's not the Ritz, but I feel you get a very good deal for the price.