“Quick escape to Leeds from Spain.”
Review of Town Hall Tavern

Town Hall Tavern
Ranked #41 of 1,977 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$14 - US$25
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Leeds City Centre
Description: Town Hall Tavern - We are a friendly pub based in Leeds city centre serving fresh, locally sourced British food, fine wines and traditionally brewed Timothy Taylors cask ales, with excellent Yorkshire hospitality.
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Only had a day and a half before my flight back to Spain. I told my friends to take me somewhere to drink some good pints of bitter and was taken to this tavern. Great choice of Timothy Taylor's and best of all, well poured. I must return because I didn't have time to drink as much as I would have liked. I must thank the staff for letting me film them whilst pouring that delicious beer. Recomendable.

1  Thank Javier A
The_Town_Hall_Tavern, Owner at Town Hall Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Thank you for your review and recommendation. We are glad your friends chose our pub for you to sample some genuine Yorkshire beers. When you return next time we will get you behind the bar pulling your own pint whilst we film it for you.
Kind regards
Sam, Jon and all the THT team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,176)

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Enjoyed a first-rate lunch here with friends last Friday. Well-kept Timothy Taylor's beers, exceptional food and faultless service. I quaffed the award-winning Boltmaker which has recently been crowned Supreme Champion Beer of Britain.

But it's not just about the beer at THT. This is an historic Leeds hostelry dating back to 1926 where staff clearly go the extra mile to please. They're engaging and helpful with a ready wit and charm that's missing in so many pubs and restaurants nowadays.

I went for the Yorkshire beef pie which is slow cooked shin of beef with Timothy Taylor ale (naturally), smooth mash and seasonal vegetables. I was also served sides of dripping cooked chips and mushy peas at no extra cost. It was sensational.

Both my friends ordered home-made beef burger with mature Cheddar cheese and bacon served with more of those amazing chips accompanied by in-house pickles which is another great local touch. They cleared the lot and pronounced it first-class.

Nothing was too much trouble for Aaron who handled my telephone booking and served us on the day. If Carlsberg did gastropub then it would look like this!

Thank you for your great review. It is such an achievement for Boltmaker to be crowned champion beer of 2014 and one that we are all so proud of. Your review says what we hold dear to our heart at The Town Hall Tavern. Good beer, great food and a friendly welcoming team who love their jobs. I have passed your comments onto Aaron who is such a natural that I am sure he will be running his own pub in the future. Thank you once again for taking the time to leave such an informative review.
Kind Regards,
Sam, Jon and all the THT team (and Aaron)

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I booked this pub for my husbands Birthday and as usual it was fabulous. The staff are genuinely nice people, friendly without being overbearing, helpful but not intrusive and always polite. The food is simply gorgeous, we started with the sharing platter which was really good with drinks, lots of little dishes all tasty, for the main he had steak (very good) and I had the duck salad with some of their naughty but oh so nice chips (fantastic). The pub itself is very cosy and traditional but with a modern twist and seems popular with both drinkers and eaters alike - all are welcomed equally. This is our favourite place to eat in Leeds and we will definitely be going back soon. It's really good value too! Booking recommend.

1  Thank Julie W

Thank for such an in depth review, I am sure other trip advisor users will find it very useful. It is always a pleasure when we are chosen to share special occasions such as your husband's birthday. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We found this pub/restaurant by chance on trip adviser and were amazed as soon as we entered the place. The initial dark interior was instantly dispelled by the warm and cheery reception received from the hosts Arun and Alistair. We took ages to review the menu as everything on it seemed highly desirable, with a great selection of choices at a good range of affordable prices.
Once the food arrived... It was heavenly ! Very tasty, nicely presented and excellent value for money.
To accompany the food there was a good selection of wines and beers.
We are now enjoying our second visit will definitely be back again.
Fantastic!! You must try it out!

The_Town_Hall_Tavern, Owner at Town Hall Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for your review. Aaron and Alistair are certainly a pair of characters who are passionate about customer service. Our menu is aimed to suit everybody at the right price whilst offering a good selection of Yorkshire Pub classics. Likewise with our drinks we aim to offer a good range of beers, lagers, wines and spirits alongside soft drinks.
Thank you once again for your great review and we hope to see you again soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband & I found this place after walking around Leeds in the rain all morning. It was our wedding anniversary & we wanted somewhere nice to sit & chill out & have a Sunday lunch. This place was fantastic. We were greeted with such a warm friendly welcome. All of the staff are so lovely! The Yorkshire beef we had was gorgeous. Also, we were given a special cappuccino with a chocolate love heart dusted on top for our anniversary- so sweet & thoughtful. It really was the perfect place for us on a rainy Sunday... Beautiful anniversary lunch. Would highly recommend to everyone not just for the tasty food but for the genuinely lovely staff.

Thank you for such a lovely review, it has been certainly been a bit wet this last few weeks. Its sounds like you had a perfect Sunday treat which is exactly what we want. It is particularly satisfying that you enjoyed your time with us on such a special occasion and it was a memorable experience. All the staff are so pleased that you had a great time.
Kind Regards