“Excellent”

Seven Bar and Grill
Ranked #1,189 of 1,805 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$4 - US$9
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Mediterranean Tapas bar
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Wowcher offer was 6 tapas and a jug of sangria for two people and it was excellent. There was a good choice of tapas available, the portions were generous and the service was good. I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. The sangria was tasty and not too sweet and was offered with both red or white wine which was nice. Only a couple of criticisms - the room was cold and the ladies toilets could have been cleaner.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Julie W
cafeinthecampus, Manager at Seven Bar and Grill, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for your review and we are pleased that you have enjoyed it.. for good honest reviews we are giving away a FREE bottle of wine

Bradford, United Kingdom
“Bland Pretend "tapas"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Visited here with friends with a living social voucher. Upon ordering we were told there was no Chorizo which then ruled out a chunk of the menu, this was majorly disappointing in a tapas restaurant! We also felt that we were given a lunchtime menu rather than the main evening menu.
Once the food arrived it was bland and unauthentic, the patatas bravas were frozen wedges with a separate bowl of tinned tomatoes as the sauce. I don't know who is giving the good reviews, they have obviously never eaten real Spanish tapas food before!
We were also told that the chef didn't have all the ingredients for the chicken dish we ordered which happened to be the most expensive on the menu.
Also as previously mentioned in another review the 2 jugs of sangria were pretty much alcohol free and more like fruit punch.
Overall a disappointing experience where we feel we were ripped off even with a voucher!

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“its tapas but lacking any spice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

We went as a group of 4 and ordered the 12 tapas dishes available between us. The food was ok we sent back 12 empty plates just a bit bland. Patas bravas isn't roast potatoes with a tin of tomatoes drizzled over them and no hint of spice.

• Visited October 2013
Hull
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

When my girlfriend announced she had a Wowcher for here, as usual, the first thing I did was check for reviews. The amount of negatives made my heart sink, 2 people for £14 hadn't filled me with confidence, and the bad reviews really turned me off going. Next, I put the postcode/address into Google maps (we're not local) and had a "drive" around the area. This took me down a graffiti strewn back ally which almost made me cancel, but as I couldn't see the restaurant I "drove" around and found it was actually a large town house fronting onto the A660 Woodhouse Lane, with a car park.
Previous reviews mentioned the "owner" who kept out of the way when complaints were raised, and there was a guy sat at the bar who I assumed this was. No engagement with customers, no welcome, not even a smile, he did not enhance the place and I really wondered why he was there!
Not so however with the staff, 2 waitresses and a bar man, these were warm and welcoming. Our waitress was lively, helpful and attentive, guiding us through the menu. Our name was on a chalkboard on the table which was a nice touch. The Wowcher entitled us to a jug of sangria and 6 tapas dishes. The sangria arrived quickly and was delicious, though contained little if any alcohol (I suspect this would be different if you ordered a full price jug which is £16 on its own), so we ordered additional drinks. The food also arrived quickly and we were surprised given what we had paid - 6 full dishes of delicious food, no skimping there! We are not in any way experts on Tapas, but it was really tasty food that was a pleasure to eat. Both of us have good appetites, though it was touch and go whether there was room for dessert, but we went for it (though I really shouldn't have)! Finished off with one coffee, the extras had cost us around an additional £14 - so less than 30 quid for a pretty good night out.
Negatives? Well apart from Mr Hospitality, our plates were on the table on arrival and cold, so the food quickly cooled down when transferred over from the serving dishes. Also the music was more "club" than Tapas bar.
Would we go back? Absolutely!!!!

• Visited October 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Another successful night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

Came back for a second time last night and it was great, this time they had new dishes available on the menu, the layout of the restaurant had changed slightly - but for the better! all in all service was still excellent, the food was yet again amazing, had a really nice night, will definitely be going back again!

• Visited September 2013