“A pleasant resting place (though I'm in no rush to rest there myself!)”
Review of Lawnswood Cemetery

Lawnswood Cemetery
Ranked #84 of 158 things to do in Leeds
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“A pleasant resting place (though I'm in no rush to rest there myself!)”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

This has been the "Family Plot" for many years. A nice "out of town" place to sy your goodbyes.

1 Thank Itsarz

• Polish first
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“for funeral”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

while i know its not a park..it so dismal and dark and not somewhere i want to be for very long. my sons ashes along with my mums are scattered there

1 Thank ladycaroline12
Leeds
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Not Quite Père Lachaise”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Some weeks back I heard a story thats Leeds council were seriously thinking of launching Lawnswood as a tourist attraction. There is one major flaw to this idea, I have been to Père Lachaise in Paris, but not for many years but off the top of my head I could name several famous graves.. Oscar Wilde, Simone de Beauvoir, Jim Morrison, Victor Noir and Marcel Proust. I have visited Lawnswood in the last 6 months and cannot think of of one famous persons grave.
Personally having visited many of the cemeteries across Leeds the one at Lawnswood is well loked after and only suffers minor problems with neglect and or vandalism. On a personal level I think visiting the Beckett St cemetery is far more interesting, though there one must look out for the locals excercising their pitbull type dogs.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank YorksPaul
leeds
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Appauling!”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My mum and I purchased a plaque for my father Paul Brear when he died suddenly in 2002 of a heart attack aged 56years. Every time I visit approximately once a week it upsets me to see that the cemetary is a such a dissrepair, the bricks surrounding my fathers plaque are broken, I have complained re the maintenance, but once they have your money they are not bother. The service itself was always very quick, more like a coveyerr belt. Other members of my family are scattered at Rawdon, far nicer, peaceful and they have genuine respect for the dead. I love to pay my respects to my father who i miss dearly but sometimes they are spoilt by the above issues.

Visited April 2012
3 Thank helensmithLeeds
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Explore the oldest part”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Lots of old gravestones horror film makers would love it